Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland 28 Belfry 27 OT

Featured Replies

Rushing= Belfry-52-349 yds. Ashland-34-138

 

Passing=Belfry-1of 2-6yds. Ashland=Mahan-5 of 11 for 133yds, 1-int.

 

fumbles=Belfry 6-4 Ashland=2-0

 

 

52 for 349? :D

  • Replies 163
  • Views 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already there. Entered at # 10 last week

:thumb: Thanks.

IMO, Haywood made the right decision to go for the 2pt conversion. The problem you have with the type of play that was called..is that..it takes too long to develop with such a short field to work with....especially out of the gun. The play may have been better coming under center. IMO, With the defense pinning their ears back and coming....a counter, shotgunning a hole or even a straight option may have been the safer gamble.

 

But the call to go for it was correct IMO.:thumb:

 

 

If Belfry scores then it was the best call ever. I don't blame Belfry one bit for going for the win. I love the guts and FAITH the Coach (Haywood) has in his team. They are Championship caliber and will surely bounce back from a game where a few miscues decided their fate. Good luck next week.

Thats true, plus Coach Haywood doesn't even know if he can make the PAT after the last one was blocked. Who blocked that PAT??

Travis Gallaher #58

Your comments are an insult to Belfry. I think our coach did exactly as he was supposed to do, and NO I do not believe he would do anything differently if he could. You obviously know very little about our program at Belfry. As for your comment about lack of faith in our kicker, that is just wrong. Ask anyone who has seen Hoss kick, he doesn't miss very many (I don't think anyone is 100% all the time). We should all remember that not only are fans and parents reading these posts, the players are as well. Be respectful.

Congrats to Ashland on the win.

To our boys, keep going! The season is young and this game does not make or break us We will only get better as the season goes!

Hey Belfry Forever, I don't recall calling out any kid. The rule of thumb is what? You go for the win at home and tie on the road. You give your D a chance to make another play and with the overtime rules as they are you keep playing. I wasn't insulting the Belfry staff, only he went against the norm. I even went as far as commending him for having alot of nerve on the call. But if you want to chime in hacking on me, why don't you take a poll among the kids and ask each as well as their parents if that was a good decision. Paint it how you wish, but Belfry played a good game and had a chance despite laying it on the turf half a dozen times. You can have your opinion, mine is that will always be a poor choice considering the circumstance when you're on the road. Good luck the rest of the way.

 

With regards to questioning a coaches call, I'm sure that coach Haywood is fantastic, and Belfry should be proud to have him,,,,but if he can't handle having his decisions questioned from time to time, he's in the wrong business. Again, good luck to Belfry the rest of the season!

Hey Belfry Forever, I don't recall calling out any kid. The rule of thumb is what? You go for the win at home and tie on the road. You give your D a chance to make another play and with the overtime rules as they are you keep playing. I wasn't insulting the Belfry staff, only he went against the norm. I even went as far as commending him for having alot of nerve on the call. But if you want to chime in hacking on me, why don't you take a poll among the kids and ask each as well as their parents if that was a good decision. Paint it how you wish, but Belfry played a good game and had a chance despite laying it on the turf half a dozen times. You can have your opinion, mine is that will always be a poor choice considering the circumstance when you're on the road. Good luck the rest of the way.

 

With regards to questioning a coaches call, I'm sure that coach Haywood is fantastic, and Belfry should be proud to have him,,,,but if he can't handle having his decisions questioned from time to time, he's in the wrong business. Again, good luck to Belfry the rest of the season!

 

Spindoc, that was actually a pretty good post. Im shocked.... :creepy: :lol:

Spindoc, that was actually a pretty good post. Im shocked.... :creepy: :lol:

You only say that because I wasn't giving you grief!:p

This was just a plain old great high school football game in which both teams deserved to win. No doubt Belfry got 2 or 3 tough calls which was offset by Ashland's 2 or 3 dropped balls on potential long gainers. On the last play Ashland blitzed EVERYBODY, it would have been tough for anyone to have ran the ball in and Belfry was having a tough time throwing the ball-good call on the Ashland coaching staff. I understand that the Belfry starting quarterback was on crutches, if he gets back this will be an excellent football team. Good luck to both teams and thanks for a great game and great effort.

 

 

 

:thumb: :thumb:

I think rarely ever is it a mistake to go for the win.

I agree with Haywood going for 2...The rule is win on the road you go for the win and at home u tie it up......But if we would have had an experienced quarterback who wasn't afraid to change the play at the line he could have thrown a td to Devin because the corner showed the blitz to soon.......

 

Im not much on blaming the refs but the refs were horrible this game....I seen the 1st one get called back and it wasn't a block in the back....The ref on the opposite side of the field threw the flag.....

 

I also want to say dustin may played a great game....

Your comments are an insult to Belfry. I think our coach did exactly as he was supposed to do, and NO I do not believe he would do anything differently if he could. You obviously know very little about our program at Belfry. As for your comment about lack of faith in our kicker, that is just wrong. Ask anyone who has seen Hoss kick, he doesn't miss very many (I don't think anyone is 100% all the time). We should all remember that not only are fans and parents reading these posts, the players are as well. Be respectful.

Congrats to Ashland on the win.

To our boys, keep going! The season is young and this game does not make or break us. We will only get better as the season goes!

 

Absolutely right Belfry Forever. Just understand Ashland is estatic, and believe you me, they needed this game more than Belfry. Have a good rest of the weekend, because this is a long season, and we're all guilty of being a little giddy when the unexpected happens. Take the smack in stride, because some of us can't contain it. What goes around comes around, as they say, and you'll get your's, A-land will get their's (hopefully twice this year, my friends!), and we'll get our's. "Belfry forever" says it all, so look forward to your 7-3, a couple playoff games, and enjoy. Belfry doesn't win a state championship about 95% of the time, yet they're the only game in town and always will be. Ashland has a better percentage, but most of them are ridin' "Rascals", so that don't count. By the way, "Hoss" is the man, but I believe Rockcastle one-upped him last night. Check that 315 pounder kickin' XPs. If he missed one, its probably because the ball burst!

Absolutely right Belfry Forever. Just understand Ashland is estatic, and believe you me, they needed this game more than Belfry. Have a good rest of the weekend, because this is a long season, and we're all guilty of being a little giddy when the unexpected happens. Take the smack in stride, because some of us can't contain it. What goes around comes around, as they say, and you'll get your's, A-land will get their's (hopefully twice this year, my friends!), and we'll get our's. "Belfry forever" says it all, so look forward to your 7-3, a couple playoff games, and enjoy. Belfry doesn't win a state championship about 95% of the time, yet they're the only game in town and always will be. Ashland has a better percentage, but most of them are ridin' "Rascals", so that don't count. By the way, "Hoss" is the man, but I believe Rockcastle one-upped him last night. Check that 315 pounder kickin' XPs. If he missed one, its probably because the ball burst!

I really don't understand why people get upset when fans question a coach's call. No one will dispute your coach is one of the best highschool coaches anywhere. I will stand by my post that I think Belfry would have won the game in another overtime.

I really don't understand why people get upset when fans question a coach's call. No one will dispute your coach is one of the best highschool coaches anywhere. I will stand by my post that I think Belfry would have won the game in another overtime.

 

I also agree that Belfry would have won in another overtime, Ashland didnt have an answer for May, we could have ran him all night and they werent going to stop him. Congrats Ashland, nice game from both teams in my opinion, All I know is Ashland and Belfry gave each other all they wanted and someone had to come out on top.

Absolutely right Belfry Forever. Just understand Ashland is estatic, and believe you me, they needed this game more than Belfry. Have a good rest of the weekend, because this is a long season, and we're all guilty of being a little giddy when the unexpected happens. Take the smack in stride, because some of us can't contain it. What goes around comes around, as they say, and you'll get your's, A-land will get their's (hopefully twice this year, my friends!), and we'll get our's. "Belfry forever" says it all, so look forward to your 7-3, a couple playoff games, and enjoy. Belfry doesn't win a state championship about 95% of the time, yet they're the only game in town and always will be. Ashland has a better percentage, but most of them are ridin' "Rascals", so that don't count. By the way, "Hoss" is the man, but I believe Rockcastle one-upped him last night. Check that 315 pounder kickin' XPs. If he missed one, its probably because the ball burst!

 

 

I may be wrong but I believe Spindoc isn't even an Ashland fan. I haven't seen any Ashland fans on here talking smack.

I really don't understand why people get upset when fans question a coach's call. No one will dispute your coach is one of the best highschool coaches anywhere. I will stand by my post that I think Belfry would have won the game in another overtime.

 

Better listen...comin' from a straight-up level-headed Tomcat fan. They're almost exstinct. And you guys please help old Frances. The best team doesn't "always" win. The team who wins, wins. As far as the "trash" or "smack" talk, the coaches do it, the players do it, and we do it. Its not malicious (or you're a short-timer here, as I've been warned). Its getting excited and pumped. When its all over, go back to work, or the spouse, or the yard, or whatever. Don't you think Ashland's jerseys are purple when they get a little sweat on them?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.