Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland 28 Belfry 27 OT

Featured Replies

Its a Putnam thing.

 

Don't tell me - let me guess.

 

You got beat at Putnam Stadium when you were a senior, when you clearly had a better team, and naturally, we payed the referees to cheat you out of a state championship ...

 

After losing by a final margin of 48-8 (by the cheating Tomcats), your team went on to lose 9 more games, and finish with a final record of 1-10, because the boys got down after they had their hearts broken.

 

When you got home that evening, you discovered that someone had hit your dog with a car. Of course, your neighbor saw the whole thing, and the driver of the car was wearing an Ashland Football hat. He didn't even stop to check and see if Rover was okay.

 

Later that week, a hurricane hit your home and wiped out everything you had. The hurricane had been predicted on TV, by an announcer that had graduated from Ashland.

 

Ten years later, you lost your job at the mousetrap factory, when someone from Ashland invented a better mousetrap. The nefarious Ashlander even bought the radio station in your hometown, and has Dickie Martin piped in on Fridays nights.

 

Am I close?????

 

 

 

Frances

  • Replies 163
  • Views 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is Ashland's depth now they suffered alot of injuries tonight??

 

No injuries, Chris Hall was suffering from cramps late in the game....

The punt return was a holding call. Maybe it was the first big run we had inside the 10 that was the other block in the back but I thought that was holding also. The first 2 were obvious but the last one wasnt.

 

I guess I just got confused there were a lot of penalties in a short amount of time....

Its a Putnam thing.

 

This crew was from Central, KY. Just thought everyone should know that.

I heard from an Ashland player that this belfry team was the most polite group of guys they've ever played. no trash talking, and they would help you up after the play and tell you good job. They even wished the cats luck in OT. Congrats on the Tomcat win, great bounce back from last weeks performance, and hats off to Belfry and I wish the best of luck to them this season.

This is the kind of post you like to read!!:thumb: It shows what a coach teaches his young men & what high school football is all about. Congrats to both teams for their display of Sportsmanship and congrats to the Tomcats on a big win.

Don't tell me - let me guess.

 

You got beat at Putnam Stadium when you were a senior, when you clearly had a better team, and naturally, we payed the referees to cheat you out of a state championship ...

 

After losing by a final margin of 48-8 (by the cheating Tomcats), your team went on to lose 9 more games, and finish with a final record of 1-10, because the boys got down after they had their hearts broken.

 

When you got home that evening, you discovered that someone had hit your dog with a car. Of course, your neighbor saw the whole thing, and the driver of the car was wearing an Ashland Football hat. He didn't even stop to check and see if Rover was okay.

 

Later that week, a hurricane hit your home and wiped out everything you had. The hurricane had been predicted on TV, by an announcer that had graduated from Ashland.

 

Ten years later, you lost your job at the mousetrap factory, when someone from Ashland invented a better mousetrap. The nefarious Ashlander even bought the radio station in your hometown, and has Dickie Martin piped in on Fridays nights.

 

Am I close?????

 

 

 

Frances

 

:laugh: :laugh: :lol:

I think Belfry fumbled 5 times in this game, losing 3.

 

That is a killer stat. Hard to overcome turnovers for anyone.

 

 

Frances

I heard from an Ashland player that this belfry team was the most polite group of guys they've ever played. no trash talking, and they would help you up after the play and tell you good job. They even wished the cats luck in OT. Congrats on the Tomcat win, great bounce back from last weeks performance, and hats off to Belfry and I wish the best of luck to them this season.

 

 

I’m glad to hear it. I have nothing but respect for Belfry – they are a class act!!

 

There has been a lot of talk about # 20, May, and for good reason - he is a load. The QB, number 4, is good too. He is very fast and hard to handle. We were lucky to get this win in OT and I wouldn’t want to have to play Belfry again this year. They are going to have a lot of success starting real soon.

 

Feeling sorry for whoever is on Belfry’s schedule next week.

WOW! Anyone else SHOCKED that Brewdog is the only person on here with a negative remark??? ...

 

 

Yes I am. It’s refreshing isn’t it? It shows they have classy fans. :thumb:

I think Belfry fumbled 5 times in this game, losing 3.

 

The paper said they had 6 fumbles and lost 4! :eek:

Congratulations to the Tomcats and coach Hart. He obviously made the right adjustments. Belfry's coach obviously forgot his overtime handbook on the bus. I'd bet he'd make a different decision today if he could rewind. Took some large cahones to make that decision(or lack of sense or faith in a kicker)! I will be the first to say that I thought there were too many things to fix in a weeks time. Excellent win and one that could very well springboard Ashland to something much more.

Darrell Mahan was a big factor in this game, If Ashland would of started Darrell insted of Drew Mcdavid in the Raceland game I believe Ashland would be 2-0.

Good win for the Tomcats! Congratulations. It seems the QB dilemma has been solved with Mahan doing a good job under center and McDavid putting his talents to best use at WR. I predicted Belfry to win big over this Ashland team after watching them get manhandled the week before by Raceland. That's exactly why you suit-up and actually play the games. Next week's game at Putman should be a barnburner. My Devils were firing on all cylinders last nite in Lloyd. Again, congrats on a great, gutsy performance over an always good Belfry program.

Congratulations to the Tomcats and coach Hart. He obviously made the right adjustments. Belfry's coach obviously forgot his overtime handbook on the bus. I'd bet he'd make a different decision today if he could rewind. Took some large cahones to make that decision(or lack of sense or faith in a kicker)! I will be the first to say that I thought there were too many things to fix in a weeks time. Excellent win and one that could very well springboard Ashland to something much more.

 

Your comments are an insult to Belfry. I think our coach did exactly as he was supposed to do, and NO I do not believe he would do anything differently if he could. You obviously know very little about our program at Belfry. As for your comment about lack of faith in our kicker, that is just wrong. Ask anyone who has seen Hoss kick, he doesn't miss very many (I don't think anyone is 100% all the time). We should all remember that not only are fans and parents reading these posts, the players are as well. Be respectful.

Congrats to Ashland on the win.

To our boys, keep going! The season is young and this game does not make or break us. We will only get better as the season goes!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.