Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland 28 Belfry 27 OT

Featured Replies

What in the world caused that post? Ashland didn't really play well, but Raceland earned the win. No shame in losing to Raceland. Most of the Ashland fans on BGP were giving Raceland their due last week. What gives?

 

 

Frances

 

Not necessarily dogging Ashland fans in general, although there are many who were ready to drink the koolaid after last weeks loss. But just as much towards the post you had listing everyone's predictions, most of which were made solely on the fact that they believed there was no chance Ashland could beat Belfry after losing to a Raceland team few felt had any opportunity to win.

 

You think I would argue with you Bea???

 

Great win for the Tomcats.

  • Replies 163
  • Views 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Predictability isn't a bad thing if it's effective."

 

i agree, TomcatPride.

I correctly predicted that last play of the game (which I too would have gone

for) and figured the Ashland defense did too, especially with the outcome.

However, I hadn't heard the rest of the game and thus didn't know the game

Mays was having - it might have influenced my prediction... maybe.

Well folks, I hate to say it, but it shouldn't be only fair after a Tomcat loss, so

here it goes...

"Where's GIAT?"

A great win for the Tomcats. I think that Junior Tyler Slone stedded up very well for the injured Bonner. Belfry played a great game, they just need to learn to hold on to the ball and their OK.

Now lets go get Russell!!!

... just as much towards the post you had listing everyone's predictions, most of which were made solely on the fact that they believed there was no chance Ashland could beat Belfry after losing to a Raceland team few felt had any opportunity to win.

 

You think I would argue with you Bea???

 

Great win for the Tomcats.

 

My apologies, TBF. I simply misread the intent of your post. I have to agree with you on one point - many of the predictions that were picking Belfry by 20 or more were based on a lack of respect for Ashland's opponent last week.

 

 

Frances

Well folks, I hate to say it, but it shouldn't be only fair after a Tomcat loss, so

here it goes...

"Where's GIAT?"

 

LOL - that's only fair, Red Shift. I'm guessing GIAT is celebrating right now.

 

 

Frances

I missed this one...... Good job Ashland !

 

Heck, Devilologists - I'd rag on you some, if I had ever picked one correctly. As it is, I feel your pain.

 

 

Frances

My apologies, TBF. I simply misread the intent of your post. I have to agree with you on one point - many of the predictions that were picking Belfry by 20 or more were based on a lack of respect for Ashland's opponent last week.

 

 

Frances

 

No apologies necessary.

Belfry is not as good as advertised and Ashland is not as bad as advertised...

at this EARLY point in time... Just like last week's games when most people were shocked, both of these teams will build on this and be better down the road.

Let's take a quick glance back at some of the prognostications:

 

Devilologists

BELFRY PIRATE- POND CREEK NATION- 48

ASHLAND- 10

 

Jeepman

Belfry 35

Ashland 13

 

FBALL

Belfry 28

Ashland 7

 

The walrus

Belfry 35

Ashland 7

 

Pirate Pal

Belfry 24

Ashland 7

 

Harley D

Belfry: 34

Ashland: 14

 

In the Game

Belfry 34

Ashland 6

 

Tomcatsalute

Ashland 7

Belfry 28

 

RedDevilMVP 06

BELFRY-40 ASHLAND-10

 

JFL Dad

BELFRY 28

ASHLAND 8

 

Crazed 15th

Belfry: 35

Ashland: 14

 

Statmaster

Belfry 28

Ashland 7

 

 

Make no mistake - I probably have as bad a record for predicting outcomes as anyone on this site, but in this case, I quoted only the picks that had Belfry by a final margin of 20 or more.

 

 

Nice win, but I'm like Tim Royalty (one of the announcers on the radio broadcast) - if I'm calling the offense, I can assure you that I would have either won or lost by giving the ball to Dustin May. He was a L-O-A-D, and Ashland really didn't have an answer.

 

Then again, I think Haywood has earned the right to call whatever play he wants, after winning two state titles...

 

 

There is joy in Mudville tonight,

Frances

Looks to me like you had that one planned Frances.;):D

Better! Much better! The Tomcats made big strides this week.

 

I said that this team was better than they had yet shown. Congratulations for coming out ready to play and showing us what you’re made of.

 

Keep working and improving – stay hungry. One win or one loss does not make a season. :devil:

Looks to me like you had that one planned Frances.;):D

 

 

You gotta love a lady that does her homework. ;)

None needed. Most around felt like this years season was done with, no offense to Raceland. I think after a devastating loss when expected to win can deflate a lot of teams.

The expected to win is dependent on what side you were standing on.We never doubted. A loss can sometimes as you say deflate a team but it also can show how much guts they have & Ashland showed that tonight.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.