Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland 28 Belfry 27 OT

Featured Replies

I heard from an Ashland player that this belfry team was the most polite group of guys they've ever played. no trash talking, and they would help you up after the play and tell you good job. They even wished the cats luck in OT. Congrats on the Tomcat win, great bounce back from last weeks performance, and hats off to Belfry and I wish the best of luck to them this season.

  • Replies 163
  • Views 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a game! First of all Darrell Mahan played GREAT at QB tonight. With it being his first start, against a good team, after a bad performance last week, he was just great! He had some really nice runs and had great vision to cut back across the grain, and good toughness to lower his shoulder and get crucial first downs. He passed well but 3 drops nearly killed the Tomcats in this one. Mahan had probably 120 yards passing and 90 rushing 2 TD's and 1 int. Tyler Sloan filled in nicely for Luke Bonner at safety, and Josh Cordle did a great job blitzing from the LB spot. Belfry did have 2 TD'S called back because of blocks in the back. I just got done watching the film and they were both TOTALLY OBVIOUS. Anyway great win for the Tomcats, stay focused because we have bigger games ahead!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

 

Or....perhaps not.

 

:sssh: ;)

I heard from an Ashland player that this belfry team was the most polite group of guys they've ever played. no trash talking, and they would help you up after the play and tell you good job. They even wished the cats luck in OT. Congrats on the Tomcat win, great bounce back from last weeks performance, and hats off to Belfry and I wish the best of luck to them this season.

 

 

Nice post :thumb:

Did Belfry have two TDs called back in the first half or one??? How did the penalty situation shake out???

 

 

I think I already know.

Two called back. And one called back that was ran inside the 20. But to be fair only one of them was a really bad call but it was hurtful to us. The clip we got called back for we did clip and we shouldnt have (he was done broke free). But they was no holding on the punt return. That was so bad Coach Haywood even got a penalty.

But that wasnt reason we lost the game. We came out very flat and that will cost you for one. We missed alot of tackles we should have had and still dropped the ball on the ground. Belfry will be tuff by the years end and will be hard to stop on offense before its over. Really we mostly stopped ourself and most Tomcat fans will agree with me on that. Also big kudos to May. He keeps getting better and better. The Punt Return he got called back was simply amazing. He broke free when I thought he was stuffed.

As far as the going for the win I liked it. I would have defintley went for it. I would have ran May at them but I understand his thinking by not giving it to him. But Ashland was thinking that 2 I guess.

But overall it was a great football game. Both teams still making alot of mistakes but its only week 2. Belfry will seriously be hard to beat by the season end when the offense has a little bit more experience out there. Also does Dustin remind anyone of Doug Howard by the way he breaks free all the time.

How is Ashland's depth now they suffered alot of injuries tonight??

What a game! First of all Darrell Mahan played GREAT at QB tonight. With it being his first start, against a good team, after a bad performance last week, he was just great! He had some really nice runs and had great vision to cut back across the grain, and good toughness to lower his shoulder and get crucial first downs. He passed well but 3 drops nearly killed the Tomcats in this one. Mahan had probably 120 yards passing and 90 rushing 2 TD's and 1 int. Tyler Sloan filled in nicely for Luke Bonner at safety, and Josh Cordle did a great job blitzing from the LB spot. Belfry did have 2 TD'S called back because of blocks in the back. I just got done watching the film and they were both TOTALLY OBVIOUS. Anyway great win for the Tomcats, stay focused because we have bigger games ahead!
The punt return was a holding call. Maybe it was the first big run we had inside the 10 that was the other block in the back but I thought that was holding also. The first 2 were obvious but the last one wasnt.
The punt return was a holding call. Maybe it was the first big run we had inside the 10 that was the other block in the back but I thought that was holding also. The first 2 were obvious but the last one wasnt.

 

Its a Putnam thing.

Its a Putnam thing.

Its ok we still had our chances that wasnt the ball game for us, mistakes was. But we have a young team and for a young team to take any Ashland team to overtime at Putman did a good job. Belfry is as strong as ever just give them some time. Atleast I believe they are lol.

Great game for the Tomcats. Congratulations to the coaches and players on the win following a very dissappointing loss.

Nice bounce-back win for the Tomcats; I was one of those who thought Belfry would win but to their credit, Ashland pulled it out.

 

Would love to see next week's game!

Its a Putnam thing.

WOW! Anyone else SHOCKED that Brewdog is the only person on here with a negative remark??? Great HS game. Both teams will get better as the year goes on. Belfry had some timing problems early, but got better as the game went on. May is a horse. Nobody will want any part of them in a couple of weeks. Probably next week. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way!

I heard from an Ashland player that this belfry team was the most polite group of guys they've ever played. no trash talking, and they would help you up after the play and tell you good job. They even wished the cats luck in OT....

In my opinion, this is becoming a lost art. Acting like this reflects on how these young men were raised by their parents, and just how much of a class act Phillip Haywood is. I have been lucky enough to be in Louisville for both of the Belfry state championships, and got to see them both. When you talk to people that have coached against Haywood, and then watch his teams play, it's painfully obvious why he is so highly respected. The guy is a class act, all the way through. That is reflected in his teams, as well.

 

 

Frances

I picked belfry to win this game. I was wrong, big deal. Would this game gone a different way if it was played at belfry?

I think anytime a game goes to overtime, and the visitors are on the short end of the stick, you could probably make a good argument that if the game were played on the other field, the outcome might well have been different.

 

I'd say that there is probably a good chance that if this game had been at Belfry, the Pirates might well have won it.

 

We'll never know.

 

 

Frances

Two called back. And one called back that was ran inside the 20. But to be fair only one of them was a really bad call but it was hurtful to us. The clip we got called back for we did clip and we shouldnt have (he was done broke free). But they was no holding on the punt return. That was so bad Coach Haywood even got a penalty.

But that wasnt reason we lost the game. We came out very flat and that will cost you for one. We missed alot of tackles we should have had and still dropped the ball on the ground. Belfry will be tuff by the years end and will be hard to stop on offense before its over. Really we mostly stopped ourself and most Tomcat fans will agree with me on that. Also big kudos to May. He keeps getting better and better. The Punt Return he got called back was simply amazing. He broke free when I thought he was stuffed.

As far as the going for the win I liked it. I would have defintley went for it. I would have ran May at them but I understand his thinking by not giving it to him. But Ashland was thinking that 2 I guess.

But overall it was a great football game. Both teams still making alot of mistakes but its only week 2. Belfry will seriously be hard to beat by the season end when the offense has a little bit more experience out there. Also does Dustin remind anyone of Doug Howard by the way he breaks free all the time.

 

Good post, Belfry Boy. Your comment about May reminding you of Doug Howard must be true - Dickie Martin kept saying the same thing last night on the radio.

 

Not bad, being put in the same class with Howard. Then again, by the time he's done, May might well be in a class all by himself.

 

 

Frances

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.