Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland 28 Belfry 27 OT

Featured Replies

Better listen...comin' from a straight-up level-headed Tomcat fan. They're almost exstinct. And you guys please help old Frances. The best team doesn't "always" win. The team who wins, wins. As far as the "trash" or "smack" talk, the coaches do it, the players do it, and we do it. Its not malicious (or you're a short-timer here, as I've been warned). Its getting excited and pumped. When its all over, go back to work, or the spouse, or the yard, or whatever. Don't you think Ashland's jerseys are purple when they get a little sweat on them?

 

 

I was thinking dark lavender myself. :cool:

  • Replies 163
  • Views 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better listen...comin' from a straight-up level-headed Tomcat fan. They're almost exstinct.
As opposed to say, a level headed BrewDog???

 

 

And you guys please help old Frances. The best team doesn't "always" win. The team who wins, wins.
Old Frances doesn't need any help, but thanks for the concern. As for your statement that "The team who wins, wins." - I have to say that I've seen some very deep thoughts posted on this site, but that is an absolute jewel. Staying with that line of reasoning, I'll gamble, and say that the team that loses, loses. Or the teams that tie, tie. Am I getting the hang of it? Unless I'm badly mistaken, winning is the yardstick by which one measures whether a team is "good". So, I'll stick with my original assessment, and say that a team that finishes a season with a 16-0 record is a "better" team than a team that finishes 0-11. You take the "better" 0-11 team, and I'll take the team that wins, wins.

 

 

As far as the "trash" or "smack" talk, the coaches do it, the players do it, and we do it.
Not all of "us" do it, not all coaches do it, and going by what was said about the Belfry players, not all players do it. If someone wants to talk "smack", then go ahead - just don't try to pass it off as if everyone else is doing it, so it must be okay. I don't know of anyone that would say that Haywood talks smack, or that he would condone it.

 

 

Frances

As opposed to say, a level headed BrewDog???

 

 

Old Frances doesn't need any help, but thanks for the concern. As for your statement that "The team who wins, wins." - I have to say that I've seen some very deep thoughts posted on this site, but that is an absolute jewel. Staying with that line of reasoning, I'll gamble, and say that the team that loses, loses. Or the teams that tie, tie. Am I getting the hang of it? Unless I'm badly mistaken, winning is the yardstick by which one measures whether a team is "good". So, I'll stick with my original assessment, and say that a team that finishes a season with a 16-0 record is a "better" team than a team that finishes 0-11. You take the "better" 0-11 team, and I'll take the team that wins, wins.

 

 

Not all of "us" do it, not all coaches do it, and going by what was said about the Belfry players, not all players do it. If someone wants to talk "smack", then go ahead - just don't try to pass it off as if everyone else is doing it, so it must be okay. I don't know of anyone that would say that Haywood talks smack, or that he would condone it.

 

 

Frances

 

I should have learned my lesson last year. Let me qualify it. Coaches (I certainly hope), talk what I consider "smack" (e.g., "you're better than them" or "they couldn't even move it in the red zone against a Class A team", or "are you gonna let that !@*)

 

It was light-hearted, and I apologize if it wasn't obvious. If you're talking comparing 16-0 to 0-11 (probably meant 0-10), then I get it. If you're saying the 1972 Soviets were "better" than Team USA, then is disrepectfully disagree.

 

Love ya', lil' Honeypig.

I know, I can't spell (but I had to go pee).

...It was light-hearted, and I apologize if it wasn't obvious. If you're talking comparing 16-0 to 0-11 (probably meant 0-10), then I get it. If you're saying the 1972 Soviets were "better" than Team USA, then is disrepectfully disagree.

 

Love ya', lil' Honeypig.

 

If I missed your humor, then the apology is on me. I sincerely mean that.

 

I think your example of the 72 Soviets is an extremely rare exception, in that after the third "reset" by the officials, the Soviets finally won the game. So, I'll have to say that I shouldn't have made my statement using universals (i.e. ALWAYS), and I stand corrected. By the same token, I'll stick with my position when it comes to games like last weeks Ashland/Raceland game, when the Rams won. This weeks game between Ashland and Belfry falls into that category, as do the the vast majority of all games (your example of the Olympic debacle was a nice touch).

 

 

 

Frances

 

PS - only my first husband called me "Honeypig". Is that you, Jethro?

I know, I can't spell (but I had to go pee).

 

TOO MUCH INFORMATION :scared:

Frances (you cast a spell on me 'cause I can't reply to your quote)

 

Yes it's me, and I was checking a little history, and you burned me a couple times (didn't hurt though, 'cause we're already on fire) earlier, so I understand. Hurt my feelings though, but I'm thinkin' DQ and a Buster Bar to top it off will have Venus and Mars Allright Tonight when you come to Paintsville in October (and November).

TOO MUCH INFORMATION :scared:

 

Sorry God. Thought you already knew. If you do, what's the super at Arlington tomorrow?

Sorry God. Thought you already knew. If you do, what's the super at Arlington tomorrow?

 

Im sorry, God doesnt care about NASCAR. But if he did he would go with Dale Jr.

Frances (you cast a spell on me 'cause I can't reply to your quote)

 

Yes it's me, and I was checking a little history, and you burned me a couple times (didn't hurt though, 'cause we're already on fire) earlier, so I understand. Hurt my feelings though, but I'm thinkin' DQ and a Buster Bar to top it off will have Venus and Mars Allright Tonight when you come to Paintsville in October (and November).

 

Ooooohhhhh! Going for my weak spot - ice cream on a hot, sticky night, and a double feature at the Starlight DriveIn Theatre...

 

Okay, put me down for Tuesday, right after I finish up work, cleaning the cages at the dog pound. I'll be wearing my good coveralls, so I'm expecting you to act the gentleman and hold the car door for me.

 

 

Looking for my toothbrush,

Frances

I may be wrong but I believe Spindoc isn't even an Ashland fan. I haven't seen any Ashland fans on here talking smack.

Good grief Kick, you know very well I'm not an Ashland apologist , but you'd thought I committed "thought crime against Big Brother" when I stated my opinion about the 2 pt. conversion decision that turned out to be a failure. Kick, truly, with your history, surely you'd have "kicked"! Oh, I love the water under the bridge attitude after a loss like that when I'd guess that virtually every Belfry fan either aloud, or under their breath said" I can't believe he didn't kick".

 

And secondly, how have any of my posts been "smack?" If I congratulate the players and fans on a terrific game, yet question a coaching decision, and that is "smack", well, I suppose I am guilty as charged. Then I guess the fodder we all will schpeel in basketball season will be "smack x nth"

Good grief Kick, you know very well I'm not an Ashland apologist , but you'd thought I committed "thought crime against Big Brother" when I stated my opinion about the 2 pt. conversion decision that turned out to be a failure. Kick, truly, with your history, surely you'd have "kicked"! Oh, I love the water under the bridge attitude after a loss like that when I'd guess that virtually every Belfry fan either aloud, or under their breath said" I can't believe he didn't kick".

 

And secondly, how have any of my posts been "smack?" If I congratulate the players and fans on a terrific game, yet question a coaching decision, and that is "smack", well, I suppose I am guilty as charged. Then I guess the fodder we all will schpeel in basketball season will be "smack x nth"

 

Wow, Spindoc is busting out the expensive words tonight! Fodder, schpeel, smack x nth, whats your IQ? Dang, sounds like an Ashland graduate to me!

Wow, Spindoc is busting out the expensive words tonight! Fodder, schpeel, smack x nth, whats your IQ? Dang, sounds like an Ashland graduate to me!

Nope, post-grad Rickyp tutorial.

Nope, post-grad Rickyp tutorial.

 

Ouch! How much is that per credit hour?

Im sorry, God doesnt care about NASCAR. But if he did he would go with Dale Jr.

 

You're mad because my cat "Carl" told me God was changin' animals, but I like you. You have to earn the "Honeypig" label though, but I like you because you'll at least snap back. I don't like Nascar (or NASCAR I suppose), but don't care if fellow rednecks do. Fan-friendly if you like wrecks I guess, but otherwise, pretty monotanous (with a little bit of strategy, just don't appreciate it enough. Wish God would have gone with Dale Sr. too though...that was too weird. Carl told me "Tom" would have never let that have happened). Now I know. You used to date Frances didn't you?! Tryin' to slide in here on me when I'm makin' my move!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.