Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland 28 Belfry 27 OT

Featured Replies

Ooooohhhhh! Going for my weak spot - ice cream on a hot, sticky night, and a double feature at the Starlight DriveIn Theatre...

 

Okay, put me down for Tuesday, right after I finish up work, cleaning the cages at the dog pound. I'll be wearing my good coveralls, so I'm expecting you to act the gentleman and hold the car door for me.

 

 

Looking for my toothbrush,

Frances

 

Please, say it ain't so. Its the "Skyview", not the Starlight (foggy windows...no stars or sky anyway. I've told everybody). Easy to forget, the way we threw back the 20/20 (way before Baba and Mike W.).

  • Replies 163
  • Views 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're mad because my cat "Carl" told me God was changin' animals, but I like you. You have to earn the "Honeypig" label though, but I like you because you'll at least snap back. I don't like Nascar (or NASCAR I suppose), but don't care if fellow rednecks do. Fan-friendly if you like wrecks I guess, but otherwise, pretty monotanous (with a little bit of strategy, just don't appreciate it enough. Wish God would have gone with Dale Sr. too though...that was too weird. Carl told me "Tom" would have never let that have happened). Now I know. You used to date Frances didn't you?! Tryin' to slide in here on me when I'm makin' my move!!

Ya know it seems like sometimes I know what you are talking about and then other times I reread and reread and I still have no idea whats going on. :lol: :confused:

Ya know it seems like sometimes I know what you are talking about and then other times I reread and reread and I still have no idea whats going on. :lol: :confused:

 

That explains why you continue to think that God is a Tomcat. I know I seem like Ashland's defensive coordinator, but I promise I'm not. Frances, I like this guy. Will you help an old hippie out? I've paid my child support!!

Ya know it seems like sometimes I know what you are talking about and then other times I reread and reread and I still have no idea whats going on. :lol: :confused:

 

If I know the old girl like I think I do :D she's already took her Nyquill, so when you're snorin' wakes you up Princess, bail me outa' jail one more time, and we'll debate which is crazier...confusion or worshipping a Tomcat...and maybe dinner for the 3 of us at Rocco's? On you guys, of course!! I'll run on over to South Point (Chris Smith, thanks for the memories, the best HS QB I've ever seen) and get a mega pack of Kleenex for you guys, since I'm pretty sure I won't be sittin' on the ancient ruins of Putnam this year.

Here is what I think Coach Haywood was seeing in the decision to go for 2. If we get it game over we win. But if we dont what will it hurt because this isnt a district game. I believe if it was a district or playoff game we would ahve went to overtime 2 because Ashland was very tired especialy on D.

One thing I will say to Ashland going into the Rusell game is they need to improve on their speed on Dline. Belfry had their sucess on alot of miss direction plays and the Dline couldnt catch up to it. The wing T lives off of that so Ashland needs to practice that alot this week.

Great bounceback game for the T-cats. We just have to stay focused and practice well this week for Russell.

Good grief Kick, you know very well I'm not an Ashland apologist , but you'd thought I committed "thought crime against Big Brother" when I stated my opinion about the 2 pt. conversion decision that turned out to be a failure. Kick, truly, with your history, surely you'd have "kicked"! Oh, I love the water under the bridge attitude after a loss like that when I'd guess that virtually every Belfry fan either aloud, or under their breath said" I can't believe he didn't kick".

 

And secondly, how have any of my posts been "smack?" If I congratulate the players and fans on a terrific game, yet question a coaching decision, and that is "smack", well, I suppose I am guilty as charged. Then I guess the fodder we all will schpeel in basketball season will be "smack x nth"

 

 

 

I didn't say you were talking smack.;) I just didn't want anybody on here to think you were an Ashland sympathiser. :D

I didn't say you were talking smack.;) I just didn't want anybody on here to think you were an Ashland sympathiser. :D

Phewww! I'd lose much credibility with the likes of my typical cohorts if that were ever the case. I will however be in attendance next Friday, I'm looking forward to it! And I didn't think you thought I was talking smack either. Just trying to identify what smack is.

Phewww! I'd lose much credibility with the likes of my typical cohorts if that were ever the case. I will however be in attendance next Friday, I'm looking forward to it! And I didn't think you thought I was talking smack either. Just trying to identify what smack is.

 

 

As will I, and there's nothing like 'football friday nights'.

PLEASE lets get back to the game and drop all this other stuff. You guys can take all the personal conversations to PMs.

Its done IMO!~!??

 

It was a great game and that's it..........

My post game posts are typically days late and dollars short, but had to take the belated opportunity to say THANK YOU to both the Tomcats and Pirates for providing some heart-stopping entertainment last Friday. From a fans perspective, you simply cannot ask for any more drama than this contest provided. Great job Tomcats for rebounding from a disappointing loss and getting back on track…kudos to the coaching staff as well for making adjustments which obviously paid dividends.

 

And, I would be totally remiss if I didn’t wish the Belfry team lots of success the remainder of the season. There were times last Friday which Ashland didn’t seem to have an answer for their very powerful running attack. Belfry backs run like a downhill locomotive and I was very impressed with the way in which downfield blockers stayed active. Any team which wins a game this close should consider themselves lucky…GREAT WIN Ashland!

Like Painter, I'm a little late. It sounds like a great game so congratulation to both teams. As far as going for 2, a coach has to read the game and make that decision more on instinct than anything else. If it works, you're right, if it doesn't, you're wrong, but no one should second guess.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.