Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland 28 Belfry 27 OT

Featured Replies

Let's take a quick glance back at some of the prognostications:

 

Devilologists

BELFRY PIRATE- POND CREEK NATION- 48

ASHLAND- 10

 

Jeepman

Belfry 35

Ashland 13

 

FBALL

Belfry 28

Ashland 7

 

The walrus

Belfry 35

Ashland 7

 

Pirate Pal

Belfry 24

Ashland 7

 

Harley D

Belfry: 34

Ashland: 14

 

In the Game

Belfry 34

Ashland 6

 

Tomcatsalute

Ashland 7

Belfry 28

 

RedDevilMVP 06

BELFRY-40 ASHLAND-10

 

JFL Dad

BELFRY 28

ASHLAND 8

 

Crazed 15th

Belfry: 35

Ashland: 14

 

Statmaster

Belfry 28

Ashland 7

 

 

Make no mistake - I probably have as bad a record for predicting outcomes as anyone on this site, but in this case, I quoted only the picks that had Belfry by a final margin of 20 or more.

 

 

Nice win, but I'm like Tim Royalty (one of the announcers on the radio broadcast) - if I'm calling the offense, I can assure you that I would have either won or lost by giving the ball to Dustin May. He was a L-O-A-D, and Ashland really didn't have an answer.

 

Then again, I think Haywood has earned the right to call whatever play he wants, after winning two state titles...

 

 

There is joy in Mudville tonight,

Frances

Great Work (as usual) Old Girl

Great comeback week for the Cats

Huge improvement from lastweek

  • Replies 163
  • Views 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great bounce back win for the Tomcats!

Nice job Tomcats!!!!:thumb: I think some apologies are in order!!!!

I think I will keep my mouth shut on a prediction for next weeks game.

 

LOL - I guess we could both make a pick, but then the game would have to end in a tie.

 

 

Frances

I never did like seeing a team go down in flames when they elect to go for the win.

 

I would take my chances in OT if I were bright enough to be a coach which I am not.

WOW!!! What a great game. Good luck to Belfry the rest of the year, you have one heck of a team. I felt like these Cats could win but it would take a lot of heart and they showed it tonight. I said earlier I thought this game would be alot closer than what people were predicting. Now maybe Ashland can start believing in themselves again and start improving every week. I'm sure we will hear of Belfry again this season. Congrats to the Cats in a hard fought win. :banana:

 

:dancingpa :dancingpa

I would have thought Ashland would have took up the equipment this week after losing to Lowly Raceland.

 

What in the world caused that post? Ashland didn't really play well, but Raceland earned the win. No shame in losing to Raceland. Most of the Ashland fans on BGP were giving Raceland their due last week. What gives?

 

 

Frances

What in the world caused that post? Ashland didn't really play well, but Raceland earned the win. No shame in losing to Raceland. Most of the Ashland fans on BGP were giving Raceland their due last week. What gives?

 

 

Frances

 

Burr in his saddle.

I never did like seeing a team go down in flames when they elect to go for the win.

 

I would take my chances in OT if I were bright enough to be a coach which I am not.

 

 

I'm don't disagree with Haywood, Ashland had an awful hard time stopping them all night long.

Nice job Tomcats!!!!:thumb: I think some apologies are in order!!!!

 

 

None needed. Most around felt like this years season was done with, no offense to Raceland. I think after a devastating loss when expected to win can deflate a lot of teams.

I was expecting to see alot more red on the other side this week but I realize it was a 2 hour drive. I kinda was surprised at the Ashland turnout after last week.

Good job Ashland. Congrats on the Win.

Any word on injuries? We had a couple of kids banged up at the end.

These Tomcats were a lot better than I expected to see (I didn't attend last week). They took advantage of Belfry turnovers and penalties to stop their offense, and used a nice balance of passing and running to support their own offense. Mahan was very impressive at QB, taking off for several nice runs and connecting long to McDavid a couple of times. He would've had more yardage but his receivers dropped some passes.

 

The defense made some nice plays, but the cold, hard truth is that they will still have a hard time stopping a big, tough runner inside. May #20 was a killer for the Pirates, a very nice looking football player who, only a junior, will only improve. That said, Haywood outsmarted everyone in the stadium who thought May would get the handoff for the conversion (which I fully would've gone for; their first and only XP was blocked). Unfortunately for Belfry, McDavid broke through and got to the QB before he could pitch it wide and the play failed. I still would've given it to May even though everyone would expect it. Predictability isn't a bad thing if it's effective.

 

Regardless, hats off to the Tomcats and the Pirates for a tough, hard fought and well played game. Ashland isn't as bad as everyone seemed to suggest after last week, but I have to respect Raceland's talent to beat this Tomcat team. Next week should be fun. Who do we play? ;)

awh, yay belfry! haha.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.