Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Larry Brown Out at SMU

Featured Replies

I wonder what brought this on? Timing seems odd, could have done it at the end of the season and give the school more time to hire replacement.

 

I wouldn't be surprised to find out there were more NCAA issues.

I wonder what brought this on? Timing seems odd, could have done it at the end of the season and give the school more time to hire replacement.

 

I wouldn't be surprised to find out there were more NCAA issues.

 

NBA offer?

"Larry Brown stepping down..." The phrase has been uttered 784 times.

I wonder what brought this on? Timing seems odd, could have done it at the end of the season and give the school more time to hire replacement.

 

I wouldn't be surprised to find out there were more NCAA issues.

 

Tim Jankovich is taking over, and was hired as the "coach in waiting" in 2012. So the replacement was already there.

 

Word is Brown was looking for a long term deal, and SMU wasn't willing to give him one. Brown was looking for 5 years, and SMU was only talking 2-3.

Is the the final, last hurrah, for Larry Brown ? I certainly hope so....

It is reported over a contract dispute. He wanted long term, they wanted short.

Larry shows up, starts to win, gets in trouble with the NCAA, steps down...

 

I'm pretty sure I've seen this movie before.

Anytime I see his name I think of this radio bit with Jim Rome. :lol2:

 

Larry shows up, starts to win, gets in trouble with the NCAA, steps down...

 

I'm pretty sure I've seen this movie before.

 

More sequels than Friday the 13th.

Is the the final, last hurrah, for Larry Brown ? I certainly hope so....

 

No he will be UK next coach when CAL leaves.

Anytime I see his name I think of this radio bit with Jim Rome. :lol2:

 

Rack 'em. Thanks for the post, I used to listen to Rome all the time, and this clip gave me a healty laugh.

No he will be UK next coach when CAL leaves.

 

Shut your dirty mouth….:sssh:

"Larry Brown stepping down..." The phrase has been uttered 784 times.

 

785.....

Tim Jankovich is taking over, and was hired as the "coach in waiting" in 2012. So the replacement was already there.

 

Word is Brown was looking for a long term deal, and SMU wasn't willing to give him one. Brown was looking for 5 years, and SMU was only talking 2-3.

 

I can see SMU's point...kinda had to give a guy a long term contract who's 127 years old.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.