Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Briscoe is Back...

Featured Replies

Great news. Can either go small and run the three guard lineup again, or utilize Briscoes talents more effectively and have him be the third guard and first guy off the bench. I like him a lot better at the point than I do on the wing, but going to be hard to take minutes away from Fox. I would love to see Briscoe running the point when Fox or Monk is out of the game, I think that suits him better than playing on the wing off those guys. He needs the ball in his hands to make plays.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As some have said, Briscoe was a lot better scorer/shooter at the high school level. Something happened to him last year, whether it was confidence or couldn't adjust to playing out of place and without the ball, who knows? But he was not the same player last year as he was at Roselle Catholic or on the AAU circuit. I think he wasn't able to get comfortable playing on the wing and away from the ball, then he got into a shooting slump, lost his confidence even more, and continued to dig himself further and further into a hole. No way he should have been a 40% FT shooter, not because he is a guard but because he has shown he is better than that. Not sure what happened to him, but hoping he can regain some of that high school form and some confidence. Hopefully playing with the ball more would be a good place to start.

His shot was decent in HS. I think it's simply a confidence issue.

 

Weren't people commenting on how much weight he gained once he arrived on campus. That added muscle could have changed his body. It may be that confidence in his ability to hit open shot improves as he gets a handle on really what is a new body type.

Great news, I can see a breakout season. Briscoe and Willis need to lead the troops.

Great news, I can see a breakout season. Briscoe and Willis need to lead the troops.

 

The part that bothers me with this, is his lack of total commitment to the UK program. A team must feel "all in" to pursue a national title. He's only back because he did not get any combine interest. Maybe that will come with maturity???????

Weren't people commenting on how much weight he gained once he arrived on campus. That added muscle could have changed his body. It may be that confidence in his ability to hit open shot improves as he gets a handle on really what is a new body type.

 

I was one who subscribed to this theory. I believe that this COULD be the reason. Time will tell, and I am looking forward to watching his development.

The part that bothers me with this, is his lack of total commitment to the UK program. A team must feel "all in" to pursue a national title. He's only back because he did not get any combine interest. Maybe that will come with maturity???????

 

He has 5.5 months to make sure his teammates and coaches believe that he's all in. I don't think that will be a problem.

 

Who knows, but I bet that this kid will spend more time in the gym than any of his teammates this summer.

The part that bothers me with this, is his lack of total commitment to the UK program. A team must feel "all in" to pursue a national title. He's only back because he did not get any combine interest. Maybe that will come with maturity???????

 

I can almost guarantee that Calipari advised him the whole way and EVERY player that gets recruited to UK understands the drill for post-Freshman year.

I'm sure confidence is some of it. His release on free throws and jumpers was a mess. I'm hopeful they can find a good motion for him to get down this summer.

I'm sure confidence is some of it. His release on free throws and jumpers was a mess. I'm hopeful they can find a good motion for him to get down this summer.

 

They need to call the NKY legend, Skip Goley.

They need to call the NKY legend, Skip Goley.

 

I have an autographed picture of him in a shoe box somewhere.

The part that bothers me with this, is his lack of total commitment to the UK program. A team must feel "all in" to pursue a national title. He's only back because he did not get any combine interest. Maybe that will come with maturity???????

That's crazy...these kids have an opportunity to see where they are as far as the NBA goes and no one should think less of them for taking that opportunity. I'll guarantee that not one player of coach holds it against him.

I'm sure confidence is some of it. His release on free throws and jumpers was a mess. I'm hopeful they can find a good motion for him to get down this summer.

 

And if the Reds can teach Hamilton how to hit.

The part that bothers me with this, is his lack of total commitment to the UK program. A team must feel "all in" to pursue a national title. He's only back because he did not get any combine interest. Maybe that will come with maturity???????

 

He's all in for 2016/17. That's all that matters.

It's a confidence issue, I saw him on TV in a high school game he made like 20/21 free throws and only missed that one towards the end.

 

Have him run the point off the bench, see how he fares then.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.