Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What are some small and meaningless ways in which you rebel?

Featured Replies

I wait to poop in the morning until I get to work so that I poop on the clock and not on my time.

rzdov.gif

  • Replies 57
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When ordering at fast foot joints I purposely say before being asked that "This is to go" or "This is for here", just to have them 100% of the time ask me as if I hadn't already told them, and then a high percentage of the time they get it wrong anyhow.

 

The worst at bagging it instead of giving me a tray when I have indicated "For Here" is McDonald's, and White Castle.

 

When ordering in at places like Wendy's or Arby's and they ask for your name for the order, I always lie and say "Bob".

I assume most communities have this, but we have a Time and Temperature number. Call the number, and they tell you the time and temp. Anytime a clerk asks me for my phone number, I give them the time and temp number.

When in a restaurant, I ask the waiter/waitress if they take checks. Whether they know or if they have to ask a manager, they always say, "No". Then I proceed to take the little piece of paper that they gave me, give it back to them and say, "I don't either!"

At chipotle, I purposefully take my time and order. The line workers will have your bowl/burrito at the cash register while you are still at the rice section if you don't slow them down.

It will always be "Sears" Tower in Chicago, not Willis (or whatever the current name is).

This thread reminds me of my father in law.

 

My in-laws had a place in Florida that they liked to go. In their older years, both had significant health problems, including a stroke for both. In order to get them on a plane, a family member had to walk with one who was using a cane, at the same time pushing the other in a wheelchair. Thankfully, both were very sharp mentally, but were at risk for falling. It was a job, but no one cared. A second family member drove to Florida to meet them and get them settled.

 

Once, my husband was taking them to get on a plane. After getting them checked in, he began the slow walk to the elevator to take them down to security. Just as he backed his mother into the elevator in her wheelchair, my father-in-law announced "I think I will take the escalator!" As the doors closed, husband watched helplessly as his dad shuffled off to the escalator with his cane.

 

Dad made it with a twinkle in his eye, without falling. It was his way of asserting his independence and showing defiance to his failing health. It gave his son a few moments of panic, but it was worth it.

 

Sadly, both are gone now, but this we still laugh about this moment.

Once in a drive thru they asked me if I'd like to pull up and wait for my food and I politely told them, "No thanks, I'll just wait here" Food came rather quickly.

I don't mow my grass sometimes just because folks in my neighborhood care too much about lawns.

Also, I ordered a water at McDonald's and they gave me a cup that was just larger than a shot glass. So, I ordered 8 waters.

  • Author
Once in a drive thru they asked me if I'd like to pull up and wait for my food and I politely told them, "No thanks, I'll just wait here" Food came rather quickly.

 

Also, I ordered a water at McDonald's and they gave me a cup that was just larger than a shot glass. So, I ordered 8 waters.

 

Both very nice. :lol2::thumb:

Once in a drive thru they asked me if I'd like to pull up and wait for my food and I politely told them, "No thanks, I'll just wait here" Food came rather quickly.

 

This is one of my biggest rants. When they ask you to pull up and there is not a single car behind you. What's the point of that? I tell them I will pull up maybe if a car comes.

Memphis State University

Miami Redskins

Marquette Warriors

 

Cumberland College Indians

St. Johns Red Men

Syracuse Orangemen

I ignore the tip jar at Starbucks. They already stole my money with their overpriced drinks.
I wouldn't call you patronizing their business stealing...
Also, I ordered a water at McDonald's and they gave me a cup that was just larger than a shot glass. So, I ordered 8 waters.
:lol2:

 

I always ask for a "big boy" cup for my water.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.