Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What are some small and meaningless ways in which you rebel?

Featured Replies

No way I'm wearing a seat belt .

 

FWIW Years ago I was in a wreak where I felt my seat belt tighten up on me securing me from being tossed while my car was spinning around after having been hit on the driver's side at an intersection where my car finally came to an abrupt stop at the curb.

 

I've no doubt that if not for the seat belt I would have thrown forcefully around the car and perhaps through the windshield no doubt suffering injury or worse.

 

My car was badly damaged requiring new driver's side doors front and back, but I escaped with no injury at all.

 

Until that incident, though I had always worn my seat belt, I wasn't so aware of just how valuable a seat belt could be.

 

I'm still here to tell you about it.

  • Replies 57
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When stuck in stopped traffic, I sometimes put my car in reverse, just to see if the person behind me is paying attention.

No way I'm wearing a seat belt .

 

Understand, and I do think it should not be a law, but an option.

 

I wear mine, but it should be a choice.

 

I have a very close friend who's life was saved because he had his seatbelt on in a crash. I also had a cousin who died in a crash because he couldnt get out of the car before it blew up, because he couldnt disconnect his seatbelt.

No way I'm wearing a seat belt .

 

Same :thumb:

I have adjusted peoples time on more than one occasion for abusing this...

 

If you got to go you got to go. Adjusting time seems a bit harsh for using a restroom. Geeze.

FWIW Years ago I was in a wreak where I felt my seat belt tighten up on me securing me from being tossed while my car was spinning around after having been hit on the driver's side at an intersection where my car finally came to an abrupt stop at the curb.

 

I've no doubt that if not for the seat belt I would have thrown forcefully around the car and perhaps through the windshield no doubt suffering injury or worse.

 

My car was badly damaged requiring new driver's side doors front and back, but I escaped with no injury at all.

 

Until that incident, though I had always worn my seat belt, I wasn't so aware of just how valuable a seat belt could be.

 

I'm still here to tell you about it.

 

And I'm still here because I was only going 45 (in a 45-mph zone) while not wearing a seatbelt. Someone pulled out from a side road (in front of the old Hilltop Ford in Maysville); I had zero time to slow down and t-boned him. My head bubbled out my windshield and my chest folded the steering wheel against the dashboard. Retrograde and anterograde amnesia. Had I been speeding I would have been history.

 

Now I buckle up every time, and than was 28 years ago.

And I'm still here because I was only going 45 (in a 45-mph zone) while not wearing a seatbelt. Someone pulled out from a side road (in front of the old Hilltop Ford in Maysville); I had zero time to slow down and t-boned him. My head bubbled out my windshield and my chest folded the steering wheel against the dashboard. Retrograde and anterograde amnesia. Had I been speeding I would have been history.

 

Now I buckle up every time, and than was 28 years ago.

 

Daggone that sounds awful...glad you made it through that, and no doubt you buckle up.

If I'm doing the speed limit, or more, then no...I am NOT finding anywhere to stop and allow them to go ahead. At some point there will be a passing zone and if they are able to pass at that point, be my guest. It is NOT my responsibility to make sure they can be more conveniently accommodated by completely inconveniencing myselg. And I think you can ask anyone who knows me, I am NOT a discourteous person, and I am prone to go out of my way for people.

If I'm doing the speed limit, or more, then no...I am NOT finding anywhere to stop and allow them to go ahead. At some point there will be a passing zone and if they are able to pass at that point, be my guest. It is NOT my responsibility to make sure they can be more conveniently accommodated by completely inconveniencing myselg. And I think you can ask anyone who knows me, I am NOT a discourteous person, and I am prone to go out of my way for people.

 

Even if you are going the speed limit, if you look in the rear view mirror and see a line of cars behind you, you are going too slow. One guy is not an issue. 3-4 cars........

Understand, and I do think it should not be a law, but an option.

 

I wear mine, but it should be a choice.

 

I have a very close friend who's life was saved because he had his seatbelt on in a crash. I also had a cousin who died in a crash because he couldnt get out of the car before it blew up, because he couldnt disconnect his seatbelt.

 

I'm not a fan of seat belt laws either....they are simply another revenue generator.

 

While there are instances where seatbelts have trapped people and caused fatalities, by and large, seatbelts save lives. Seat belt laws started going into effect when I started driving in the late 80's (I got my license in 1986). After 30 years, I find it hard to believe that there are people out there (especially those right around my age) that will refuse to wear a seatbelt. There is no practical reason to not wear a seatbelt. If anyone wants to roll those dice on their own, that's fine. But the police don't need to get involved in enforcing common sense.

Are you kidding me? On a 2 lane highway, there are often lines of cars. I'm sorry, but I am NOT stopping my trip to accommodate people who want to speed. If we are all able to go the speed limit, then if they want to break the speed limit, they can pass in a passing zone...or in a no passing zone, I don't care. But I am absolutely not going stop driving to accommodate those who want to break the law, especially if I am already breaking the law by going over the speed limit.

When people tailgate me, I go slower.

 

So long as it's not in a passing lane, I have no problem with that.

So long as it's not in a passing lane, I have no problem with that.

 

However, if in a passing lane my hands and fingers do rather predictable things like a. flashing bright lights b. may give the backwards V sign ( not meant to be a symbol of peace ), and if really bad form may c. honk horn...

 

Although do know there's people a plenty who rebel by traveling the speed limit or a few mph under in the "passing lane."

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.