March 19, 201610 yr How about those people talking about how great Izzo is... To be fair, how many top coaches have never laid an egg in the first round?
March 19, 201610 yr How about those people talking about how great Izzo is... Yeah, you're right, he stinks. What has he ever done? This is like the chuckle shack.
March 19, 201610 yr Author Yeah, you're right, he stinks. What has he ever done? This is like the chuckle shack. This board gets dumber and dumber. I'm not sure if we could have a dumber back and forth if we asked if Erin Boley played Ben Weyer one on one who'd win.
March 19, 201610 yr How about those people talking about how great Izzo is... All it shows is how dang hard it is to win this tournament. Also shows how silly people are to complain about Cal not winning more titles.
March 19, 201610 yr No, I don't think so. I believe that is the 8th time a 15 has beat a 2 seed. Out of those 2 seeds I will say msu was probably the only 2 seed to lose who was one of the top 2 favorites to win it all. So biggest upset ever could be true. Everything I read leading up to it had KU at 9-2 to win it all and Michigan St. as 2nd fave at 6-1 or thereabouts. I'm leaning toward it being the biggest. SB Nation agrees. Ranking March Madness' best No. 15 over No. 2 upsets, starting with Middle Tennessee State - SBNation.com
March 19, 201610 yr All it shows is how dang hard it is to win this tournament. Also shows how silly people are to complain about Cal not winning more titles. I will gladly disagree. I can't think of a time Izzo has had the talent Cal has top to bottom.
March 19, 201610 yr I will gladly disagree. I can't think of a time Izzo has had the talent Cal has top to bottom. Izzo had one of the best college basketball teams in the country this year with one of the best players in the country and they just lost in the first round. That shows how tough it is to win this tournament. All it takes is one bad day and you are done. For someone to win it all they have to have 6 straight good games against good to great competition and also hope for a little luck along the way too. So yes you may disagree but this shows how silly it is for people to complain about Cal not winning more titles and only making final fours and runner ups. He has a team of talented freshman who have to play their best 6 games in a row to win it. Peoples argument would have more weight if each game was a best of 7 and they still only won one title. However it is very tough to win a single elimination tournament against other top teams and as we seen today its not a given that a talented top team even wins their first game. This tournament is hard as heck to win.
March 19, 201610 yr SB Nation agrees. Ranking March Madness' best No. 15 over No. 2 upsets, starting with Middle Tennessee State - SBNation.com I noticed that SBN didn't even bother listing the details of Duke losing to Lehigh. For some reason that amused me!
March 19, 201610 yr All it shows is how dang hard it is to win this tournament. Also shows how silly people are to complain about Cal not winning more titles. That's my point. Izzo is a top 5 coach in today's game... If UK was a 2 seed and got knocked off, I am not sure what would happen to the State and all the talking heads would pour on as well.
March 19, 201610 yr Everything I read leading up to it had KU at 9-2 to win it all and Michigan St. as 2nd fave at 6-1 or thereabouts. I'm leaning toward it being the biggest. SB Nation agrees. Ranking March Madness' best No. 15 over No. 2 upsets, starting with Middle Tennessee State - SBNation.com My biggest counter is that MTSU was in no way a 15 seed. 15 and 16 seeds are generally reserved for low major schools, not Conference USA teams. While not a great league any longer, they play a much higher quality brand of basketball than say the OVC on a nightly basis. On balance, the Spartans did have a great shot of winning it, so that is a valid point in that they were not a typical 2 seed.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.