February 21, 201610 yr Technical was a mickey mouse call..........Humphries just gobbled up most of Skal's minutes going forward.............Hate it for the kid, but Skal was the one at the end who the big at TA&M just touched and he withered and was all alone for tip..........Glad to see the desire to compete w/o several key players down the stretch........Cats will need to win 3 of 4 to finish at top of league....Go Cats
February 21, 201610 yr I'd say probably 95% of them make the call. Hate it happened like that, but he had no choice and Humphries put him in a horrible spot. He was asking for the ball and the guy spiked it instead. T any way you slice it... We'll just have to disagree. I'll side with Bilas. Just like 95% of officials overlook obvious fouls in the final seconds, that's a judgement call and you don't become the star of the show.
February 21, 201610 yr Rebounding killed UK! Good effort with the injuries and foul outs. A good experienced referee over looks that heat of the moment tech. Billas was right on the called needed to be overlooked. Bilas did not say that. He said if they do not make the call - they are fired. He said if Humpheries catches the ball after the slam they could have have overlooked it.
February 21, 201610 yr Technical was a mickey mouse call..........Humphries just gobbled up most of Skal's minutes going forward.............Hate it for the kid, but Skal was the one at the end who the big at TA&M just touched and he withered and was all alone for tip..........Glad to see the desire to compete w/o several key players down the stretch........Cats will need to win 3 of 4 to finish at top of league....Go Cats They're winning the SEC without question.
February 21, 201610 yr Question....With the Humphries play, could Cal have put Willis in for him to shoot the free throws, and then taken him out after the second one?
February 21, 201610 yr We'll just have to disagree. I'll side with Bilas. Just like 95% of officials overlook obvious fouls in the final seconds, that's a judgement call and you don't become the star of the show. a I believe you are right, the better officials would choose to turn their head on that. Let the players determine the outcome.
February 21, 201610 yr Author Bilas did not say that. He said if they do not make the call - they are fired. He said if Humpheries catches the ball after the slam they could have have overlooked it. I thought I understood him to say if they had not made the call we would have probably said he sould have called a "T" but they would not have been fired over not calling the "T".
February 21, 201610 yr Skal got his legs taken out on that last play I believe. I hate for them to ever lose, but even pre-season I think we all knew this would be a tough game to win and most thought it would be a loss. A&M has had a tough streak the last few games but before that they were playing like and I believe were a top 10 team. Bottom Line....I Aint Mad!
February 21, 201610 yr Does anyone else get sick to their stomach when Skal comes into the Game? Can anyone call a single time he has been a half step ahead of any play? Just seems like his inexperience continually overshadows everything else he can do. One half step behind in reaction, and never, NEVER under mixing with the bigs. When UK shoots a three, he consistently watches the flight from 10 ft. Hope someone does draft him, because my ulcer might not handle another season. Can the desire to mix it be developed?
February 21, 201610 yr Move on to March, UK is finding ways to slowly get better. Hump will be better in March.
February 21, 201610 yr Bilas did not say that. He said if they do not make the call - they are fired. He said if Humpheries catches the ball after the slam they could have have overlooked it. The refs called Briscoe for a tech a couple of games ago when he slammed the ball and caught it waist hgh after Murray's dunk. Very bizarre way to lose tonight. Down the stretch, UK had at times 4 freshmen and Ulis on the floor. The Aggies were a lot older. All in all, I thoguht the Cats showed guts.
February 21, 201610 yr I thought I understood him to say if they had not made the call we would have probably said he sould have called a "T" but they would not have been fired over not calling the "T". Maybe the case. I remember the Bilas comment they had to call it. Everyone knew it was a mistake the second it happened. Feel bad for Humphries for sure.
February 21, 201610 yr By the letter of the rule the call was correct. We all know refs have discretion to understand intent. Some refs choose to be the star . Either way UK lost the game on the boards as the final play shows. But as UKM said refs always so discretion late in the game but some refs choose to decide the game.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.