Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Katina Powell on KSR

Featured Replies

  • Replies 93
  • Views 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I suppose I could answer that many ways, but my answer is probably two fold:

 

- Part of it is just how I am wired. I am highly empathetic by nature.

 

- Second, no one would choose the life she has lived for herself or for her children; however, without defending anything she has done, I believe her choices are at least partially rooted in survival.

 

She was smart enough to keep a journal and manage people/money. If she could manage that, she could have landed a legal job.

 

She clearly committed or at the very least aided in sex crimes against minors, prostitution and God only knows what else. Then, she ratted everyone out to make more money.

 

I'd say she deserves punishment.

She was smart enough to keep a journal and manage people/money. If she could manage that, she could have landed a legal job.

 

She clearly committed or at the very least aided in sex crimes against minors, prostitution and God only knows what else. Then, she ratted everyone out to make more money.

 

I'd say she deserves punishment.

 

You could be right. Just telling you how I feel when I hear her speak.

True, but I didn't read the book and I bet a lot across the country didn't either. Now there is a voice to it.

 

I could be wrong but I thought it was a NY Times best seller for a short time. I bought it and read it and I know many others did as well.

 

My point is that this information has already been out there for public consumption and beat to death already. If ESPN catches wind of her interview today and acts like this is new news then they will be sensationalizing this situation even more than they sensationalize anything. We already know the recruits involved and ESPN helped expose that when this first came out.

She was smart enough to keep a journal and manage people/money. If she could manage that, she could have landed a legal job.

 

She clearly committed or at the very least aided in sex crimes against minors, prostitution and God only knows what else. Then, she ratted everyone out to make more money.

 

I'd say she deserves punishment.

 

Don't forget she lost important parts of her journal to help back up her claims and lost incriminating text messages when she got a new phone.

  • Author
I could be wrong but I thought it was a NY Times best seller for a short time. I bought it and read it and I know many others did as well.

 

My point is that this information has already been out there for public consumption and beat to death already. If ESPN catches wind of her interview today and acts like this is new news then they will be sensationalizing this situation even more than they sensationalize anything. We already know the recruits involved and ESPN helped expose that when this first came out.

 

If I heard Matt Jones right, ESPN was requesting permission to use the audio of the interview before it even happened, so I don't think it's a matter of them catching wind of it. KSR was also #1 on internet listeners in the whole country this morning as well, topping shows in LA and NY.

 

So now with the news on Friday, I don't understand why ESPN wouldn't run with it again. Heck, Pitino wouldn't be on Mike & Mike this morning if they weren't sensationalizing it.

Sounds like she has changed her story, yet again.

 

I don't ever remember her saying there were recruits at EVERY party. That part is new.

 

Also, she had never said there were 7-8 players from the 12-13 team either. So again, change in the story.

I suppose I could answer that many ways, but my answer is probably two fold:

 

- Part of it is just how I am wired. I am highly empathetic by nature.

 

- Second, no one would choose the life she has lived for herself or for her children; however, without defending anything she has done, I believe her choices are at least partially rooted in survival.

 

She went to Louisville Holy Cross before dropping out of high school, aparent lyrics when or afree she became pregnant with her first child in her junior year. Now, I know this isn't the entirety of things, but she had parents who were paying for her education. She even admits this.

Katina Powell: Who is Louisville basketball's accuser?

Don't forget she lost important parts of her journal to help back up her claims and lost incriminating text messages when she got a new phone.

 

And wrote an entire page all at the same time, trying to make it seem like it was done over a period of several months.

If I heard Matt Jones right, ESPN was requesting permission to use the audio of the interview before it even happened, so I don't think it's a matter of them catching wind of it. KSR was also #1 on internet listeners in the whole country this morning as well, topping shows in LA and NY.

 

So now with the news on Friday, I don't understand why ESPN wouldn't run with it again. Heck, Pitino wouldn't be on Mike & Mike this morning if they weren't sensationalizing it.

 

That's definitely what they are doing. I guess with the self imposed ban coming out on Friday it would be irresponsible journalism to ignore her interview on KSR. Nothing new here though. Just beating a dead horse is all I have seen and heard so far.

 

I read the book though. So I guess that makes a difference.

Sounds like she has changed her story, yet again.

 

I don't ever remember her saying there were recruits at EVERY party. That part is new.

 

Also, she had never said there were 7-8 players from the 12-13 team either. So again, change in the story.

 

I could have sworn most of the parties involved players already on the team. I remember the Blakeney and Lyle stories and I was thinking she didn't name them in the book. Seems like Harrell and others were already at UL when she mentioned them. Chane Behanan got more mentions than anyone else didn't he? That's how I remember the book. Party after beating UK I think. Party after the national championship. She got mad and spilled the beans because someone didn't like the quality of her girls. That's my hazy memory of it all.

I'm dumbfounded that anyone can still have a belief that nothing happened.

 

Are there people that think that?

Is Jones the ghost writer of the book?

She keeps talking about Coach Mike.

 

It's easy to figure out. Mike Marra who played with Andre and also was on the staff in some capacity.

  • Author
Is Jones the ghost writer of the book?

 

That would certainly be an interesting twist the whole story.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.