Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Katina Powell on KSR

Featured Replies

Man how does UL recover from this? Hearing it straight from the horses mouth is just polarizing.

 

Just wait until bits and pieces of that are ran all over Sportscenter at 6pm tonight.

 

Other than what Coach Mike wanted I haven't seen her say anything that wasn't known from the book.

  • Replies 93
  • Views 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm dumbfounded that anyone can still have a belief that nothing happened.

 

Katina is scum and deserves prison time.

 

Louisville should clean house now (not after the season...now)

 

Pitino must go. Guilty or innocent he can't continue at Louisville

 

President Ramsey must go. His reign has been a debacle.

 

If I'm a Louisvilke grad or supporter, I'm thoroughly embarrassed.

 

This stuff happened. There's proof. You don't punish yourself if you are innocent.

The witch-hunt for Coach Wyking Jones (affectionately known as "Wike") will begin in earnest -- fairly or unfairly, he is going to be the target.

  • Author
Other than what Coach Mike wanted I haven't seen her say anything that wasn't known from the book.

 

True, but I didn't read the book and I bet a lot across the country didn't either. Now there is a voice to it.

The witch-hunt for Coach Wyking Jones (affectionately known as "Wike") will begin in earnest -- fairly or unfairly, he is going to be the target.

 

Oof. That'll be brutal. Where is he now? Somewhere out west?

Things keep looking worse and worse for UL. During the interview Powell claims that 7-8 players that were on the 2013 Championship team participated in these events. If that can be proven in the NCAA's investigation I believe they have to look real hard at yanking that banner down. Otherwise they lose all credibility going forward.

 

Regardless of whether the NCAA follows their own rules and vacates the championship, UL's self imposed sanctions will certainly not be the end of their punishment. UL throwing this years team under the bus to try and protect themselves going forward is starting to look criminal.

I'm dumbfounded that anyone can still have a belief that nothing happened.

 

If there's anyone out there still suggesting that nothing happened I'd advise that person to remove their head from their hind-parts.

 

That said, I trust this woman no further than I'd trust Pitino or Ramsey, which is to say, not at all. A smart lawyer once told me that "nothing is ever as good or bad as it seems" and the elements of truth in her story are undoubtedly mixed with half-truths or falsehoods designed to make her look less like the active participant in multiple crimes that she was.

 

I've sat in enough courtrooms to take the words of the folks at either table with a grain of salt or two.

 

Somewhere out there lies the truth; I doubt we'll see it all, but we've already seen enough to know that it's past time for serious changes at Louisville.

  • Author

I don't think the NCAA has a whole lot of credibility left the way it is. I don't see them pulling down the banner. Definitely agree that I think they are going to have more sanction on them than what was self-imposed.

Katina is scum and deserves prison time.

 

I find her to be sad and feel much sympathy towards her.

I ask this not knowing . . . has an explanation and/or reasoning ever been published as to why Magee left Louisville?

I find her to be sad and feel much sympathy towards her.

 

Why?

I ask this not knowing . . . has an explanation and/or reasoning ever been published as to why Magee left Louisville?

 

He left for a asst. coach job. His position at Louisville was an ops job. It was a step up, even if it might not seem that way given the institution he went to.

Why?

 

I suppose I could answer that many ways, but my answer is probably two fold:

 

- Part of it is just how I am wired. I am highly empathetic by nature.

 

- Second, no one would choose the life she has lived for herself or for her children; however, without defending anything she has done, I believe her choices are at least partially rooted in survival.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.