Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is the KHSAA ready to impose the "Death Penalty" on Covington Holy Cross?

Featured Replies

The majority of students at private schools in NKY come from their feeder parishes (except for Villa and Latin which do not have feeder schools). A majority of kids at say St. Henry come from St. Henry feeder parishes. Now some schools have a higher % and some a lower % of kids from their feeder parishes but I would guess that at least 51% come from their feeder parishes.

 

So where do the other 49% come from? And why would someone choose to send their child to a private school after being in a public school for so long before?

  • Replies 565
  • Views 65.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It works by if you follow the rules you can get permission from the school where you're enrolled and go see. You can do a shadow day and watch academics and athletics if you want. Heck, I don't think kids are going in and doing three days a week in the classroom to see if they like it or attending the math camp to see how many times the teacher calls on them. Give me a break.

 

So if my friend and his wife decide that their child is miserable at Dixie, not excelling at sports or academics like they know she is capable of, and are thinking of taking her to Cov Cath after this school year is over, then they need permission from Dixie to go talk to anyone at Cov Cath?

Shouldn't that be the responsibility of the AD or head coaches?

 

I would think generally, I'm just not sure if requested one is obligated ?

On a side note I don't know rc9 in real life and I have hated Highlands since birth but I enjoy rc9 on bgp and look forward to meeting him one day.

 

Trust me, you're not missing anything.:lol2:

 

How many attorneys do we have on this site? How many looking at this and scratching their heads?

 

I know one for sure, and he's in this thread.

 

BTW, just came across this thread an hour ago......where the hell have I been the last 5 days. I'm going to need a 2-liter of Dew and a couple sammiches, this could take awhile to read.

Trust me, you're not missing anything.:lol2:

 

 

 

I know one for sure, and he's in this thread.

 

BTW, just came across this thread an hour ago......where the hell have I been the last 5 days. I'm going to need a 2-liter of Dew and a couple sammiches, this could take awhile to read.

 

Be prepared to rue the loss of one hour of your life that you'll never get back.

Be prepared to rue the loss of one hour of your life that you'll never get back.

 

One hour??!?!?!? Only if you have taken the Evelyn Woodhead sped reddin class...

Be prepared to rue the loss of one hour of your life that you'll never get back.

 

And it could have been a lot shorter had someone just said what they meant by the title of the thread and someone else who seems to know almost everything about would have just stated all the facts up front. But I guess we wouldn't have anything to talk about then, would we.... Lol

So if my friend and his wife decide that their child is miserable at Dixie, not excelling at sports or academics like they know she is capable of, and are thinking of taking her to Cov Cath after this school year is over, then they need permission from Dixie to go talk to anyone at Cov Cath?

First, academically and athletically, I would ask a third party to see if she is reaching her potential. Most all parents think their child is better than what they really are.

 

You would only need permission to have them participate in athletic activities: such as open gyms, workouts, practices, scrimmages, etc. I sure hope your friend would leave the sports part out of the decision but I'm crazy, I place academics over athletics.

How does that work for a private school? Most who attend do not live in that district, so when making that choice to go to a particular private school, you are not allowed to get a up close look at the athletics because they are not allowed to do anything with you during the summer months? I don't believe sports should be the sole reasoning for choosing a school, but it can be some part of it.

 

It works the same as it does for public. If you want to know what part athletics plays at the school, you go through the administration or it's a violation. KHSAA doesn't care the privates may have to rely on out of district kids to survive, they just care that the rules are fair to every school. I understand that sports can play a part in some kids lives, but we are talking about their schooling, not their sports future. The majority won't play any sports after high school. Some will be fortunate enough to get to play in college, but on the girls side, they aren't ever gonna get paid to play sports and on the boys side only about 1% will. And in today's world, your high school success has very little to do with determining if you're gonna get an athletic scholarship. So again, choosing a high school for sports is more about winning and that's not what high school is really meant for. It's about education! Select sports are about competitiveness and exposure and building powerhouse teams to compete with other powerhouse teams.

 

Athletics can be a part of the decision when selecting a school, but pulling a kid out of a good school to go to another school for sports is not having one's priorities in order. That's just my opinion.

So if my friend and his wife decide that their child is miserable at Dixie, not excelling at sports or academics like they know she is capable of, and are thinking of taking her to Cov Cath after this school year is over, then they need permission from Dixie to go talk to anyone at Cov Cath?

 

To talk about athletics with the coach, yes!

Be prepared to rue the loss of one hour of your life that you'll never get back.

 

 

Sounds like it's kept most of you interested! I think it's a great read and so must many others. A lot of views and comments!

So if my friend and his wife decide that their child is miserable at Dixie, not excelling at sports or academics like they know she is capable of, and are thinking of taking her to Cov Cath after this school year is over, then they need permission from Dixie to go talk to anyone at Cov Cath?

 

If your friends are thinking of moving their daughter to Cov Cath...they need their heads examined. LOL.

 

Sorry...thought this thread could use a little humor.

First, academically and athletically, I would ask a third party to see if she is reaching her potential. Most all parents think their child is better than what they really are.

 

You would only need permission to have them participate in athletic activities: such as open gyms, workouts, practices, scrimmages, etc. I sure hope your friend would leave the sports part out of the decision but I'm crazy, I place academics over athletics.

 

Do you think that permission will be given if asked? If that answer is always yes then why would you need to ask? If there is a possibility of a " no " when asked, then why would you ask at all? If you ask and get no as a response, then your child could face repercussions from the coaching staff or other faculty for even hinting that you are looking to go to another school. And I will bet that 99% of the kids that transfer from public to private are doing so for the education more than anything.

Edited by #99
Misspelled word

If your friends are thinking of moving their daughter to Cov Cath...they need their heads examined. LOL.

 

Sorry...thought this thread could use a little humor.

 

I was just using that as an example. But your right a little humor is good

Paging Leatherneck.....

 

Good lord NOOOOOO! My attention span is a paragraph or 2.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.