Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is the KHSAA ready to impose the "Death Penalty" on Covington Holy Cross?

Featured Replies

Do you think that permission will be given if asked? If that answer is always yes then why would you need to ask? If there is a possibility of a " no " when asked, then why would you ask at all? If you ask and get no as a response, then your child could face repercussions from the coaching staff or other faculty for even hinting that you are looking to go to another school. And I will bet that 99% of the kids that transfer from public to private are doing so for the education more than anything.

 

You may not like it, but it's the rules and there are reasons they are in place. Until they change, you need to follow the rules or face possible consequences. I don't like to only go 55mph in some places either. But if I speed, I run the risk of getting a ticket and the officer isn't gonna care if I like the rule. He's gonna give me a ticket.

 

Like one of the others said, do you need to workout or talk to a coach to decide if you like the sports at that school? Like he also said, do you go to math class with them 3 days a week to decide if they are up to speed in math. No, you talk to the administrators, just like you do for sports.

 

Let me ask all of you this. If your too 5 football players from the school you follow were invited to work out with Highlands in the summer and Highlands coaches had a chance to "sell" the program and those 5 ended up transferring from your school to HHS, would you feel like that would be okay?

  • Replies 565
  • Views 65.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you think that permission will be given if asked? If that answer is always yes then why would you need to ask? If there is a possibility of a " no " when asked, then why would you ask at all? If you ask and get no as a response, then your child could face repercussions from the coaching staff or other faculty for even hinting that you are looking to go to another school. And I will bet that 99% of the kids that transfer from public to private are doing so for the education more than anything.

Oh, I don't know, I guess I would ask because it's the rules and the right thing to do. Heaven forbid those thoughts were used to make a decision, rules and ethics. Just talk to all the coaches, make sure you up sell your kid, and find the best deal. You should also see if you can make a package deal, you know for their friends, so they are ok socially at the new school.

Just got my PM....put me on the Coca Cola list!

 

Most of the things I learned were not anything surprising to me and I will leave it at that.

You may not like it, but it's the rules and there are reasons they are in place. Until they change, you need to follow the rules or face possible consequences. I don't like to only go 55mph in some places either. But if I speed, I run the risk of getting a ticket and the officer isn't gonna care if I like the rule. He's gonna give me a ticket.

 

Like one of the others said, do you need to workout or talk to a coach to decide if you like the sports at that school? Like he also said, do you go to math class with them 3 days a week to decide if they are up to speed in math. No, you talk to the administrators, just like you do for sports.

 

Let me ask all of you this. If your too 5 football players from the school you follow were invited to work out with Highlands in the summer and Highlands coaches had a chance to "sell" the program and those 5 ended up transferring from your school to HHS, would you feel like that would be okay?

 

Love how you did your best to not answer my questions? But to answer yours; no it would not be alright for 5 players from same school to get invited to another school for open gym or any other thing that could recruit them. But if joe Smith was talking to the principal and coach at school xyz on day at the gas station and telling them about how his kid was not doing well at the school he was in, and joe Smith was thinking about enrolling him in a private school, what would be wrong with them saying" bring him down after this school year is over and let him check out the school and see what our athletics are about"? I could see not doing it during the school year. And how Smith approached them, not the other way around.

Love how you did your best to not answer my questions? But to answer yours; no it would not be alright for 5 players from same school to get invited to another school for open gym or any other thing that could recruit them. But if joe Smith was talking to the principal and coach at school xyz on day at the gas station and telling them about how his kid was not doing well at the school he was in, and joe Smith was thinking about enrolling him in a private school, what would be wrong with them saying" bring him down after this school year is over and let him check out the school and see what our athletics are about"? I could see not doing it during the school year. And how Smith approached them, not the other way around.

 

How would I know how to answer your question. It makes not difference whether someone would hold it against them or make them uncomfortable, it's the rules. Again, you don't have to like them or agree with them, but until they change, you have to follow them!

Oh, I don't know, I guess I would ask because it's the rules and the right thing to do. Heaven forbid those thoughts were used to make a decision, rules and ethics. Just talk to all the coaches, make sure you up sell your kid, and find the best deal. You should also see if you can make a package deal, you know for their friends, so they are ok socially at the new school.

 

I was asking legitimately. If you could, answer all the questions I asked.

Love how you did your best to not answer my questions? But to answer yours; no it would not be alright for 5 players from same school to get invited to another school for open gym or any other thing that could recruit them. But if joe Smith was talking to the principal and coach at school xyz on day at the gas station and telling them about how his kid was not doing well at the school he was in, and joe Smith was thinking about enrolling him in a private school, what would be wrong with them saying" bring him down after this school year is over and let him check out the school and see what our athletics are about"? I could see not doing it during the school year. And how Smith approached them, not the other way around.

 

Again...what would be wrong is that if that person is a coach, he is not allowed to say that...Private or Public. He can't talk to you about sports and what it can do for your kid. Period. You may not think there is anything wrong with it, but it's the rules. I'm sorry you don't like it. Every coach should know this or their AD is not doing their job.

 

I have kids and parents all the time ask if they can practice with us in the summer. The answer will always e no. Not until you are enrolled at HHS. I just had a kid come from St Therese two years ago as a freshman. She was coming to HHS. We were working out before school started her freshman year and she was not allowed to participate on our workouts til school started.

Again, the more I read this stuff, the more I realize it's a lack of understanding of the rules.

How would I know how to answer your question. It makes not difference whether someone would hold it against them or make them uncomfortable, it's the rules. Again, you don't have to like them or agree with them, but until they change, you have to follow them!

 

Im sure you have followed every rule that has ever been presented to you ...

Im sure you have followed every rule that has ever been presented to you ...

 

No, I don't always drive 55, but don't tell anyone.

 

But to be serious, yes, I do my best to absolutely follow every rule. And in this situation, we aren't talking about a "slip up". The KHSAA has warnings they issue for "slip ups". They don't open up a full blown investigation for "slip ups". You asked about the rules and I told you. I have also told you this is just one small part of what they are looking at.

Again...what would be wrong is that if that person is a coach, he is not allowed to say that...Private or Public. He can't talk to you about sports and what it can do for your kid. Period. You may not think there is anything wrong with it, but it's the rules. I'm sorry you don't like it. Every coach should know this or their AD is not doing their job.

 

I have kids and parents all the time ask if they can practice with us in the summer. The answer will always e no. Not until you are enrolled at HHS. I just had a kid come from St Therese two years ago as a freshman. She was coming to HHS. We were working out before school started her freshman year and she was not allowed to participate on our workouts til school started.

Again, the more I read this stuff, the more I realize it's a lack of understanding of the rules.

 

That's why I'm asking, so those of you who do know can fill the rest of us in. But if you can honestly say that you wouldn't bend a rule a little to help your child try and achieve a goal in life, I would have to call you a liar. I'm not talking about getting tuition paid or getting recruited along with others from the same school. Just a few simple words. Yes there are rules for good reasons. But sometimes the people who make the rules don't have the interest of the majority at heart.

First, it makes not difference what I would do to "bend a rule" as a parent. It's up to the coach to uphold the rule. Parents try to bend the rules all the time. And what's the goal they are trying to achieve in your scenario? Sports? Education? Playing for a school they have desired for since birth? How far I go as a parent to "bend the rules" depends on what that goal is. Yes, we all would do whatever we can to make dreams come true. But it's up to the coaches to enforce the rules when eager parents come to them. It's very easy. What I would have done is said, you need to go talk to our principal or superintendent or AD. The same thing can be meet the intent of the conversation...if the real intent was that the kid wasn't happy at the school he was at. Don't have the conversation about sports at the gas pump. Again, all coaches should know that.

I do appreciate this answer from you. It was just a hypothetical situation though... And it wasn't about sports till it was said " bring him down and let him check out the school and our athletics ". I am not arguing with you about the rules, just saying that most don't know them. ( parents) I could not tell you if any school is breaking the rules. In this thread I have never once tried to dispute that. Just trying to get all the rules and facts I can so I am better educated on this matter.

For those of you who have always followed every rule ever imposed on you..... Those of us who didn't have had way more fun I promise... Yes, laughing out loud...

#99 do you know if Fox news will be doing a story on this?

Graves county just got punished for "come down for open gym" and for "let's show you around our facilities."

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.