Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is the KHSAA ready to impose the "Death Penalty" on Covington Holy Cross?

Featured Replies

  • Author
I trust that you have good sources to start this topic...

 

I have no idea what the KHSAA is going to do but I would describe this investigation as non-typical.

  • Replies 565
  • Views 65.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Also, isn't it sort of already that?

 

Depends on who you ask.

If it was a decade or more ago I guarantee the coach at the time had zero to do with that.

 

No, it was not nearly a decade ago. More like 5 or 6. There was a thread on BGP at the time. There could be more that I am not privy to as well.

HC as been getting kids from Independence for years. Back when I was in school Harney, Clark and Williams went to HC they even had a little party house a block from HC.

I trust that you have good sources to start this topic...

 

See post #183

  • Author
I trust that you have good sources to start this topic...

 

About five different ones that have all been credible in the past.

If you guess correctly I fully expect it to be open season in NKY for recruiting of student athletes by several schools in multiple sports.

Sounds like it already is open season.

On the boys side I know it stems from the 8th grade AAU team last year, before any of the freshman coaches were hired at HC. I don't know of any allegation against the varsity team or main players on it.

 

My question is does Beechwood really want to get involved ? They have at least one player from that team who moved into town just a short period ago nudged by similar circumstances.

So what happens if nothing comes of this?

 

It's a win, win for the schools in my opinion. If the KHSAA does do something, that should be enough to clean up their act. If the KHSAA does nothing, my guess is the HC would still clean it up because of the exposure and knowing the KHSAA is watching closely. The intent is to get them to stop. In both scenarios, I can see it stopping. That's all those others schools want...it to stop!

It's a win, win for the schools in my opinion. If the KHSAA does do something, that should be enough to clean up their act. If the KHSAA does nothing, my guess is the HC would still clean it up because of the exposure and knowing the KHSAA is watching closely. The intent is to get them to stop. In both scenarios, I can see it stopping. That's all those others schools want...it to stop!

 

I will say this sets up perfect for you. If they get punished you were right but it seems if they don't get punished your still claiming your right.

How long before all of this is out in the open?

 

Maybe BGP can do an open records request?

I will say this sets up perfect for you. If they get punished you were right but it seems if they don't get punished your still claiming your right.

 

Let me tell you this. I don't care how it happens as long as it stops. Getting punished or not DOES NOT MEAN IT'S NOT GOING ON! I know it's going on and I know what's going on. I don't have to prove anything to anyone. The question is not whether it's going on, it's is it going on. The answer to that is yes. So regardless of what the KHSAA says, I know. And so do they. Its a matter of if they can prove it beyond a doubt. There are a lot of prosecutors that have a ton of evidence on criminals and they know they did the crime, but they can't prove it. Again, doesn't mean they didn't do it. Some of you are caught up in whether they will get penalized. I could care less as long as it stops.

I will say this sets up perfect for you. If they get punished you were right but it seems if they don't get punished your still claiming your right.

 

I've never agreed with anything on this site more than this. I think the HC AD is a smart person. I think she's been around the block. I think people's feelings are hurt and we will see what happens.

About five different ones that have all been credible in the past.

 

 

I don't claim to have the sources you do. I'll bet softly against a death penalty.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.