Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is the KHSAA ready to impose the "Death Penalty" on Covington Holy Cross?

Featured Replies

Fox 19?

 

Insert the family feud X here. But that is funny!

 

It starts with the 11th letter of the alphabet!

  • Replies 565
  • Views 65.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wrong again. Some follow the rules. It's really not that hard. Do you know how many times I've told actual friends that I cannot speak with them about athletics.

 

Right...:ohbrother:

Your reprehensible choice of words only goes to prove my point that I mention in post #49.

 

You're right. Sorry. I get going with some of these people and I lose focus.

However, you can approach a school and visit if you initiate. The discussions after the visit are what is not allowed. If you attempt to circumvent that process, at some school(s), you will get a very specific response telling you what the rules are and when / what / whom the communication is allowed.

 

That's right. But you must go through the administration first. If you go to the coach first and he doesn't direct you to the administration...violation.

Look at the bright side, if we didn't have that, we wouldn't have BGP.

 

We might have to fall back on Politics as BGP core content.

 

Ick.

That's right. But you must go through the administration first. If you go to the coach first and he doesn't direct you to the administration...violation.

 

100% true. Still have my email from Mr. Mueller explaining the process in black and white.

  • Author
Insert the family feud X here. But that is funny!

 

It starts with the 11th letter of the alphabet!

 

k.jpg

Doesn't matter. You cannot talk to athletes about your program until they are enrolled at your school...regardless of age. Everyone thinks they get a free pass because they aren't in high school. That's not the rules.

 

Doesn't it depend on where those kids go to school?

Doesn't it depend on where those kids go to school?

 

Yes, IF they are in their district or feeder, no problem.

Dang, I feel like I am back at Moeller in the 80s and everyone wants to get them for recruiting. Was there a Buckeye Prep back then? Maybe that's what happened. Guess what it didn't work. To the schools that start all this just make sure your bed is made. As I know that to NOT be the case for 2 of the schools mentioned. Karma sucks.

No one said ANYTHING about making the legitimate transfers part of the punitive discussion. My exact words were that anyone knowingly breaking the rules for the benefit of their program should not be able to benefit and if enforced, will stop these violations. I'm all for anything that is fair to these young people. Like I said I had hoped you misunderstood my post but I guess you misconstrued to benefit your personal point. Which by the way, no one wants the baby thrown out with the bathwater. But recruiting has to stop, it's fair to no one. And I did not like the manner in which this thread was being discussed. That's all I'm saying.

 

I think you underestimate how hard it is to prove recruiting has taken place. Every transfer is legitimate until proven otherwise.

I think there is a difference between being a fan and what UKM and myself are talking about.

 

And here I am thinking neither of you have kids and are talking about high school sports. :D

And here I am thinking neither of you have kids and are talking about high school sports. :D

 

I know your joking. But I'm not talking about being a fan or hoping for success. I'm talking about an obsession of where kids go to school, or this false sense of being "fair".

Doesn't matter. You cannot talk to athletes about your program until they are enrolled at your school...regardless of age. Everyone thinks they get a free pass because they aren't in high school. That's not the rules.

 

I need clarification, only because I really am this ignorant.

 

Can a HS coach talk to Middle School students about the HS program that they will be going to if they stay in the same district? Can they go to the Middle School and say, I hope you go out for football at our HS (insert baseball, basketball, track, etc here)? Can they go to the Middle School or send a flyer around to the students that tells 8th graders they can try out for the freshman baseball team at the HS?

 

Seems like they should be allowed to do this.

 

Dang, I feel like I am back at Moeller in the 80s and everyone wants to get them for recruiting. Was there a Buckeye Prep back then? Maybe that's what happened. Guess what it didn't work. To the schools that start all this just make sure your bed is made. As I know that to NOT be the case for 2 of the schools mentioned. Karma sucks.

 

Ain't no such thang as karma. But there is justice, retribution, and at non-Catholic schools, REVENGE!

I need clarification, only because I really am this ignorant.

 

Can a HS coach talk to Middle School students about the HS program that they will be going to if they stay in the same district? Can they go to the Middle School and say, I hope you go out for football at our HS (insert baseball, basketball, track, etc here)? Can they go to the Middle School or send a flyer around to the students that tells 8th graders they can try out for the freshman baseball team at the HS?

 

Seems like they should be allowed to do this.

 

 

 

Ain't no such thang as karma. But there is justice, retribution, and at non-Catholic schools, REVENGE!

 

Yes, you can always talk to your district or feeder kids.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.