Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is the KHSAA ready to impose the "Death Penalty" on Covington Holy Cross?

Featured Replies

It really depends on how the adults are involved in HS sports. It's not just parents.

 

Do you have high school children ? I mean after all, you are in this forum amongst the weirdos, right ?

 

As Lipton said, there's quite a difference between being a fan and being obsessed with it like many are.

 

You know the answer to that question, and I very rarely venture into any of the high school forums. This thread is in the controversial issues forum or else I'd have never paid it any attention. I'd have been long gone if there was only high school forums here.

  • Replies 565
  • Views 65.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
School #2 who I was told helped get the ball rolling.

 

I'll be honest...they were brought in late to the party.

Who doesn't have high school children?

 

A whole hell of a lot of people who take high school sports way too seriously? :idunno:

Doesn't matter. You cannot talk to athletes about your program until they are enrolled at your school...regardless of age. Everyone thinks they get a free pass because they aren't in high school. That's not the rules.

 

If this were true and enforced there wouldn't be a major program including your own in NKY that wouldn't be punished.

 

Some of these coaches forget their past skeletons it's quite amusing.

As Lipton said, there's quite a difference between being a fan and being obsessed with it like many are.

 

You know the answer to that question, and I very rarely venture into any of the high school forums. This thread is in the controversial issues forum or else I'd have never paid it any attention. I'd have been long gone if there was only high school forums here.

 

All good...just making sure nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan :thumb:

The fact this took place is very funny. Adults take HS sports way to serious.

 

Again, check to see who had the conference room rented. Hint...it wasn't the local high schools. Think bigger!

And I've said on multiple occasions that I would answer anything you want to know in PM's. If I know who I'm talking to. You can ask all the ones that have PM'd me.

 

I don't reveal my identity.

If this were true and enforced there wouldn't be a major program including your own in NKY that wouldn't be punished.

 

Some of these coaches forget their past skeletons it's quite amusing.

 

Wrong again. Some follow the rules. It's really not that hard. Do you know how many times I've told actual friends that I cannot speak with them about athletics.

  • Author
Again, check to see who had the conference room rented. Hint...it wasn't the local high schools. Think bigger!

 

Fox 19?

I don't reveal my identity.

 

Well imagine that! Well then you won't be able to take advantage of the knowledge I have.

A whole hell of a lot of people who take high school sports way too seriously? :idunno:

 

Doesn't apply to me...I have too many kids! You want one?

Doesn't matter. You cannot talk to athletes about your program until they are enrolled at your school...regardless of age. Everyone thinks they get a free pass because they aren't in high school. That's not the rules.

 

However, you can approach a school and visit if you initiate. The discussions after the visit are what is not allowed. If you attempt to circumvent that process, at some school(s), you will get a very specific response telling you what the rules are and when / what / whom the communication is allowed.

Well imagine that! Well then you won't be able to take advantage of the knowledge I have.

 

Or a free cold Coke.

Wrong again. Some follow the rules. It's really not that hard. Do you know how many times I've told actual friends that I cannot speak with them about athletics.

 

I was around 9th region sports long enough. I know my statement to be fact. I have to many friends still involved in athletics or I played against.

 

Some schools live in glass houses now I guess.

I'll be honest...they were brought in late to the party.

 

Your reprehensible choice of words only goes to prove my point that I mention in post #49.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.