Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Auburn 75 Kentucky 70

Featured Replies

I don't even think "soft" is a good description for Skal. How about "fluffy" or "gelatinous".

 

I was joking when I said soft but I do think a kid with AP's body should be more assertive.

  • Replies 77
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay' date=' describe AP for us then.[/quote']

 

Occasionally wants to play basketball and sometimes wants to be a star. Other times he might be thinking of numbers and accounting.

I was joking when I said soft but I do think a kid with AP's body should be more assertive.

I was referring to Skal. He's worse than soft. If he returns next season Bam will unintentionally injure him the first day of practice.

Auburn was fined $100K for the court storming.

Auburn was fined $100K for the court storming.

I don't think they got their money's worth. That was a pretty weak storm.

Does anyone else notice the similarities between this UK team and the 2013 team? I've been saying it to friends most of the season and have mentioned it on here a couple of times.

 

Seriously though, am I alone on this or does anyone else see the similarities? I see a couple already, although it's not a player by player similarity, just an overall team similarity.

 

You don't have to do anything great to be a good team. I'm sorry but we have to agree to disagree on this team being like 2013. That 2013 team basically had nothing and that is before Noel got hurt. Noel had no inside game, wcs was not wcs yet, they had no guard play, one shooter in Wiltcher and couldn't play defense and was a selfish team.

 

This team has shown more in games this year than that team ever did. This team has actually looked the part in some games. Having a great pg goes a long way come tournament time. They have a guy like Murray who is inconsistent right now but has the ability to take over a game, which that 2013 team did not have that. They have a guy like Briscoe who can drive but also can play right defense on the outside like Ullis. Now inside they are as soft as can be and its going to continue to be a work in process.

 

At the end of the day we have seen many teams who have looked poor in regular season with poor inside play but come tournament time their guard play leads the way. Shoot we have lost to a team like that twice during Cals years in UConn. You can go back and look at those UConn teams and think no way can this team make it to even the sweet 16 based off their regular season play.

 

This team will continue to take lumps on the road but should make progress come tournament time. Imo we are already seeing some progress on the offensive end and Coach Cal is starting to find lineups that work better. Now it's just about continue to fine tune it.

 

Always fun to look back at old threads to truly see how far this team has come. Also shows how people are to quick to judge a team when only in the middle of a season.

Always fun to look back at old threads to truly see how far this team has come. Also shows how people are to quick to judge a team when only in the middle of a season.

 

At the beginning of the season they did remind me of the 2013 team. However that team folded as the season went on, this one has progressed significantly. Cal has done a great job with this team and Ullis and Murray are difference makers between this years cats and the 2013 cats. They are playing well at the right time and seem to be having a lot of fun. I love it.

Does anyone else notice the similarities between this UK team and the 2013 team? I've been saying it to friends most of the season and have mentioned it on here a couple of times.

 

Seriously though, am I alone on this or does anyone else see the similarities? I see a couple already, although it's not a player by player similarity, just an overall team similarity.

 

At the beginning of the season they did remind me of the 2013 team. However that team folded as the season went on, this one has progressed significantly. Cal has done a great job with this team and Ullis and Murray are difference makers between this years cats and the 2013 cats. They are playing well at the right time and seem to be having a lot of fun. I love it.

 

Which is exactly why I disagreed with your comparison and it was because of Ullis and Murray. That 2013 team didn't have anything like them. And you are right this is fun to watch, I love it too!

Which is exactly why I disagreed with your comparison and it was because of Ullis and Murray. That 2013 team didn't have anything like them. And you are right this is fun to watch, I love it too!

 

:thumb:

Only 6 more losses for @futurecoach to bring back to the top for him to pat himself on the back some more. :lol2:

Only 6 more losses for @futurecoach to bring back to the top for him to pat himself on the back some more. :lol2:

 

Wouldn't have to if people didn't live in the moment so much, instead of looking at this team from a realistic view. People make to many assumpitions for the rest of a season based off of single games. That was my point at the beginning of the year when they said this UK team may be better than last year's UK team after UK beat Duke. Then that was my point after a few tough losses when people were saying they are just bad and may not make the tournament.

 

With so many people always living in the moment it puts me in a bad spot because people think I am crazy when I say they will be fine and list why I think it. So of course I will bring it back up. Just like people do when I am wrong which happens too lol. :D

Only 6 more losses for @futurecoach to bring back to the top for him to pat himself on the back some more. :lol2:

 

Which of coarse I wouldn't bring it back up to now. My whole thing in January whichbi said in numerous threads is this team sucks on the road but good at home and neutral sites and tournaments are at neutral sites, so they would be fine. So had to wait until tournament time to bring it back up.

 

Plus if people were truly watching they would see they were slowing making improvements even in losses. However people focused to much on being upset about losing they couldn't see the small improvements that eventually added up to them getting to the point they are now and that is a team that had a good of a chance as anyone to make a run.

Which of coarse I wouldn't bring it back up to now. My whole thing in January whichbi said in numerous threads is this team sucks on the road but good at home and neutral sites and tournaments are at neutral sites' date=' so they would be fine. So had to wait until tournament time to bring it back up. Plus if people were truly watching they would see they were slowing making improvements even in losses. However people focused to much on being upset about losing they couldn't see the small improvements that eventually added up to them getting to the point they are now and that is a team that had a good of a chance as anyone to make a run.[/quote'] Murray and Ulis can only do so much. This team will only go as far as frontcourt production come Sweet 16 time.

Edited by LRCW

This Auburn loss was the worst loss of the year for UK. I can't blame anyone for anything they said after that game. This loss probably cost UK 1 level of seed.

This Auburn loss was the worst loss of the year for UK. I can't blame anyone for anything they said after that game. This loss probably cost UK 1 level of seed.

 

Check out some of the other losses threads too.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.