Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Auburn 75 Kentucky 70

Featured Replies

Murray hurt the cats today. I thought Willis played very well, and poythress had some nice blocks. Ulis played well but always does

  • Replies 77
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was anyone other than Ulis on the floor?

 

Willis played great

This team is good but that's about it

This team has a ways to go but for fans to say they are awful is incorrect.

This team is good but that's about it

 

The saving grace is that there are a whole bunch of teams in the same boat.

 

I've said it before and I'll say it again. College basketball is a watered-down product.

One other glaring problem with the UK inside game is Not One inside guy is working to get open, the three guards can't get them the ball.

Does anyone else notice the similarities between this UK team and the 2013 team? I've been saying it to friends most of the season and have mentioned it on here a couple of times.

 

Seriously though, am I alone on this or does anyone else see the similarities? I see a couple already, although it's not a player by player similarity, just an overall team similarity.

Does anyone else notice the similarities between this UK team and the 2013 team? I've been saying it to friends most of the season and have mentioned it on here a couple of times.

 

Seriously though, am I alone on this or does anyone else see the similarities? I see a couple already, although it's not a player by player similarity, just an overall team similarity.

 

The 2013 team actually stunk. This team has pieces to win but way too inconsistent

I know I'm spoiled, but it's hard to watch this team, what the heck is going on? How could Cal have been so blind to how bad Skal is? What the heck is wrong with Alex? I could go on and on! Sheeez!

 

Could it be Alex is a little lazy or is he playing not to get hurt again? Skal needs some confidence and toughening up. Send him around to some pickup games in Louisville this summer.

This team has a ways to go but for fans to say they are awful is incorrect.

 

Ok, awful compared to the standard UK Has set over the years, as I said earlier, I'm spoiled. And personally, I don't see a lot of room for improvement, I really hope I'm wrong!

Does anyone else notice the similarities between this UK team and the 2013 team? I've been saying it to friends most of the season and have mentioned it on here a couple of times.

 

Seriously though, am I alone on this or does anyone else see the similarities? I see a couple already, although it's not a player by player similarity, just an overall team similarity.

 

First difference: A point Guard leader in Ulis.

 

Noel and WCS in post were great defenders but hardly offensive threats, just like this team. Minus the Defense.

 

I would also take Murray over Goodwin. Briscoe over that spot up shooter.

 

Willis and Wiltjer play defense similarly but Wiltjer could post up on occasion.

 

I don't see the similarity.

 

One other difference: This team beat Duke. That team did not. :lol2:

Does anyone else notice the similarities between this UK team and the 2013 team? I've been saying it to friends most of the season and have mentioned it on here a couple of times.

 

Seriously though, am I alone on this or does anyone else see the similarities? I see a couple already, although it's not a player by player similarity, just an overall team similarity.

For some reason this team reminds me more of the 2014 team.
The 2013 team actually stunk. This team has pieces to win but way too inconsistent

 

A major problem with the 2013 team was that it didn't have a true pg to run the team. This team does, but lacks what the 2013 team had in the frontcourt. Neither team had a true shooter, but both had an opportunist(s) that consistently would try to take over the game to make a name for theirself, to improve their plummeting draft stock.

 

Also both teams were coming off from great seasons and were compared to the best teams that have ever played the game. The 2012 team went 38-2, winning the national championship. The 2015 team went 38-1 losing in the final four, but was on the verge of becoming the first team to go 40-0.

 

Both of those teams lost most of their top players to the NBA due to their success. In return the 2013 and 2016 teams were inexperienced, however both freshmen classes were ranked among the top two in the country. The problem I see with both teams though is that neither have a post presence and they have kids that expect to be top draft picks, but are not performing at that level, which leads to selfish play among some of them.

First difference: A point Guard leader in Ulis.

 

Noel and WCS in post were great defenders but hardly offensive threats, just like this team. Minus the Defense.

 

I would also take Murray over Goodwin. Briscoe over that spot up shooter.

 

Willis and Wiltjer play defense similarly but Wiltjer could post up on occasion.

 

I don't see the similarity.

 

One other difference: This team beat Duke. That team did not. :lol2:

 

 

I'll give you Ullis, he's a great one, unfortunately he doesn't have much help.

 

Noel and WCS were great defenders, better defenders in the post than anyone on this team. However their ability on offense was inconclusive in 2013 due to the fact that they did not have a guard that could run the offense. This team does, but there is absolutely no post up player on this team.

 

Murray and Goodwin are a lot alike, in the sense that they have the ability to be great players, but they are just not there yet. Goodwin was a cancer for the 2013 team as he decided to do his own thing to try and keep his draft stock alive. Murray imo, is a better player than Goodwin, but is trying to do too much. Likely to improve his plummeting draft stock, ala Goodwin. As far as Briscoe, I cant say much about him other than he is a good defender and a terrible shooter. How many guards do you see in the NBA that shoot under 50% from the FREE throw stripe?

 

Willis is an upgrade over Wiltjer, imo. But guesss what, he doesn't start. Poy, as much as I love him, is the same old Poy.

 

As far as beating Duke, that means about as much as beating USF, as neither are what I would consider a good (sorry swamprat) team.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.