Mercer County 76 Wayne County 66

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love my dude, Kyle Bottoms. Folks are making it about him now. He is a local celebrity now. :lol2:

Not about Kyle. I think it's a consensus that the officiating played no part in the result of the game. I'm sure he's a good guy... just a questionable official.

Not about Kyle. I think it's a consensus that the officiating played no part in the result of the game. I'm sure he's a good guy... just a questionable official.

I think there are plenty of questionable officials in the 12th Region(PLENTY) but you'll never see me on here complaining about any of them. Kyle has been attacked personally and professionally in this thread for whatever reason. I like Kyle a lot. He's a good dude and he takes refereeing very seriously and I appreciate that. I think people underestimate just how hard it is to be a referee.

As my favorite referee Forrest Lewis likes to tell me....."here's a whistle...have at it." :lol2: :lol2:

I think there are plenty of questionable officials in the 12th Region(PLENTY) but you'll never see me on here complaining about any of them. Kyle has been attacked personally and professionally in this thread for whatever reason. I like Kyle a lot. He's a good dude and he takes refereeing very seriously and I appreciate that. I think people underestimate just how hard it is to be a referee.

As my favorite referee Forrest Lewis likes to tell me....."here's a whistle...have at it." :lol2: :lol2:

I don't doubt one bit that it's a very difficult job. Referees will miss calls just like players will miss shots or make turnovers and coaches make the wrong play call or sub the wrong player. It's part of the game. Not in my worst nightmare would I ever want to be a referee. There's no reward and all the criticism. They don't get paid nearly enough to put up with the abuse they take. I will not attack a referee personally. Most of them I know, including the little I know personally about Kyle, are good people. I just wish he went about officiating a little differently. It doesn't make me right or him wrong. Just a difference in opinion. I prefer officials to be more subdued and not so animated like the people are there to watch them. He was that way when he first started officiating, and I like that version of him better.

I don't doubt one bit that it's a very difficult job. Referees will miss calls just like players will miss shots or make turnovers and coaches make the wrong play call or sub the wrong player. It's part of the game. Not in my worst nightmare would I ever want to be a referee. There's no reward and all the criticism. They don't get paid nearly enough to put up with the abuse they take. I will not attack a referee personally. Most of them I know, including the little I know personally about Kyle, are good people. I just wish he went about officiating a little differently. It doesn't make me right or him wrong. Just a difference in opinion. I prefer officials to be more subdued and not so animated like the people are there to watch them. He was that way when he first started officiating, and I like that version of him better.

You would not have liked one of the officials at the Boyle/Lincoln game then. Very animated. I liked the fella though. Very nice dude. He didn't do a bad job either for real.

I've known Kyle before he became a referee so I'm just happy to see him at games and I feel he is consistent.

You would not have liked one of the officials at the Boyle/Lincoln game then. Very animated. I liked the fella though. Very nice dude. He didn't do a bad job either for real.

I've known Kyle before he became a referee so I'm just happy to see him at games and I feel he is consistent.

Fair enough.

Hager and Faulkner are big guards who drive aggressively to the basket...better have your big boy britches on when u see them coming...as far as the Kyle Bottoms thing hes a young guy and also a pretty dang good ref also..i dont see the "look at me" attitude at all. Personable young man with great character in my opinion.

Agreed. Bottoms is one of the better officials in the region, period. And he is a high character, personable guy from a good family.

I would never be an official either, but these guys sign up for it. Criticism of officials (like coaches) is always going to be there. However, the personal stuff is just plain silly and unnecessary.

Totally agree with FIRST... Thankless job to be a referee after watching Mercer -Anderson game last nite, those guys were clueless. Looked like one of those Aaron Rogers "your mikes on" commercials... Anderson coaches also a circus. Winning there by any margin is an accomplishment in my opinion

Agreed. Bottoms is one of the better officials in the region, period. And he is a high character, personable guy from a good family.

I would never be an official either, but these guys sign up for it. Criticism of officials (like coaches) is always going to be there. However, the personal stuff is just plain silly and unnecessary.

I don't think there's been a single comment about him personally, just as an official.