Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

James Wilder Jr. racially profiled at Toys "R" Us in Florence KY?

Featured Replies

Bengals practice squad running back James Wilder Jr. was at Toys "R" Us doing some holiday shopping when he was approached by an employee who believed he was shoplifting and at the store for the second time that day after stealing earlier in the day too.

 

Wilder took to social media to share the story and what happened. Wilder believes this was a case of racial profiling. As a member of the Bengals' practice squad, he makes a good enough salary that he definitely doesn't need to shoplift.

 

Wow!!! Going shopping for the fam n sittin at the front desk for being accused of stealing out of toys r us!!!

— James Wilder Jr (@IAm_Wilder32) December 21, 2015

 

Said I walked in this morning and stole n now I came back to steal more!!!

 

— James Wilder Jr (@IAm_Wilder32) December 21, 2015

Really!!?

 

— James Wilder Jr (@IAm_Wilder32) December 21, 2015

Cops called on me for this!!!

 

— James Wilder Jr (@IAm_Wilder32) December 21, 2015

I can't wait till we look at these cameras where I can laugh in their face write my complaint!!!!

 

— James Wilder Jr (@IAm_Wilder32) December 21, 2015

I'm going over n beyond to make sure this guy is fired!!!! I won't even blame the whole store for his racist profiling!!!!

 

— James Wilder Jr (@IAm_Wilder32) December 21, 2015

On a good note At least before they kicked us out I got the games my nephew been saying he wants for Christmas pic.twitter.com/tybImtetIy

 

— James Wilder Jr (@IAm_Wilder32) December 21, 2015

Wilder ended up leaving the store, as asked, even though they had no evidence of him actually stealing from the store.

 

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/12/21/10641168/bengals-practice-squad-rb-james-wilder-jr-kicked-out-of-toys-r-us-in#

  • Replies 38
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is embarrassing. Guess that guy didn't want his job anymore.

I saw this on Twitter as it was going down. I remembered him from FSU but wasn't sure where he was now. Unfortunate situation.

I saw this on Twitter as it was going down. I remembered him from FSU but wasn't sure where he was now. Unfortunate situation.

 

He's been on the Bengals practice squad. I've seen him out one time and didn't want to be THAT guy so I let him go.

So what happened? No apology?

@theguru would be able to tell us and take care of this real quick. He says they called the police on him. Toys R Us says thats not the case and the police back that up by saying that no incident was reported.

 

Would calling the police trigger an "incident reported?"

Even if the cops weren't called, he was still racially profile. At least that's the way it sounds.

Other than him, are there any other sources that confirm there was an incident? Not saying that he wasn't, but a lack of police report or any other confirmations make me question whether this was an actual issue.

Bengals practice squad running back James Wilder Jr. was at Toys "R" Us doing some holiday shopping when he was approached by an employee who believed he was shoplifting and at the store for the second time that day after stealing earlier in the day too.

 

Wilder took to social media to share the story and what happened. Wilder believes this was a case of racial profiling. As a member of the Bengals' practice squad, he makes a good enough salary that he definitely doesn't need to shoplift.

 

Wow!!! Going shopping for the fam n sittin at the front desk for being accused of stealing out of toys r us!!!

— James Wilder Jr (@IAm_Wilder32) December 21, 2015

 

Said I walked in this morning and stole n now I came back to steal more!!!

 

— James Wilder Jr (@IAm_Wilder32) December 21, 2015

Really!!?

 

— James Wilder Jr (@IAm_Wilder32) December 21, 2015

Cops called on me for this!!!

 

— James Wilder Jr (@IAm_Wilder32) December 21, 2015

I can't wait till we look at these cameras where I can laugh in their face write my complaint!!!!

 

— James Wilder Jr (@IAm_Wilder32) December 21, 2015

I'm going over n beyond to make sure this guy is fired!!!! I won't even blame the whole store for his racist profiling!!!!

 

— James Wilder Jr (@IAm_Wilder32) December 21, 2015

On a good note At least before they kicked us out I got the games my nephew been saying he wants for Christmas pic.twitter.com/tybImtetIy

 

— James Wilder Jr (@IAm_Wilder32) December 21, 2015

Wilder ended up leaving the store, as asked, even though they had no evidence of him actually stealing from the store.

 

Bengals practice squad RB James Wilder Jr. kicked out of Toys "R" Us in case of potential racial profiling - Cincy Jungle

 

Do you think he makes as much as Winona Ryder or Farrah Fawcett (sorry @lawildcat)?

Even if the cops weren't called, he was still racially profile. At least that's the way it sounds.

 

Not trying to be contrarian, but I distinguish between "profiling" and "racial profiling." If the thought is, "there is a black guy with dreads in a red shirt, he must be stealing" is not the same as "earlier today a black guy with dreads wearing a red shirt stole something, this must be the guy". That make sense? Might be a bad example.

Even if the cops weren't called, he was still racially profile. At least that's the way it sounds.

 

Why does it sound like that?

Do you think he makes as much as Winona Ryder or Farrah Fawcett (sorry @lawildcat)?

 

Did Farrah shoplift? I knew about Winona. Don't forget Lindsay Lohan and Brittney Spears!

 

Agree with your point too. Shoplifting isn't always about not having enough money. It's a sickness for some.

@theguru would be able to tell us and take care of this real quick. He says they called the police on him. Toys R Us says thats not the case and the police back that up by saying that no incident was reported.

 

Would calling the police trigger an "incident reported?"

Protocol may vary by departments, but generally no. PDs get a lot of innocuous calls which would jam up incident reports if they were all logged.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.