Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

James Wilder Jr. racially profiled at Toys "R" Us in Florence KY?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 38
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
@theguru would be able to tell us and take care of this real quick. He says they called the police on him. Toys R Us says thats not the case and the police back that up by saying that no incident was reported.

 

Would calling the police trigger an "incident reported?"

 

The link I posted contains a video I assume Wilder took. I believe it is him leaving Toys R Us in Florence and there are two police cars parked in front.

 

I assume Toys R Us called the police because either a scene was being caused, they were scared, and/or they needed some kind of help sorting things out. Calling the police does not mean the police take a report unless there was a crime to report. There probably isn't an official report but anytime anyone calls the police all the call notes go into a file and that file is given an incident number. That incident number and its contents are public record however it is not a report, just our government keeping good records.

  • Author

 

I skimmed that article real quick. I would like to know the outcome. On one hand, it sounded really bad, on the other hand, I would like to know the rest of the story and the outcome.

 

This is where Wilder loses, making a scene now causes people to go back and look at his past and possibly more bad news about Wilder will come out.

 

And not that Wilder would ever be reading any of this but just in case, James, you are not a star in this league, if you cause the Bengals any problems they will CUT you. Just sayin.

If you cause the Bengals any problems they will CUT you.

Sounds like something I would hear while watching a Mafia/crime movie.

 

Oops. I guess that was some kind of profiling....

  • Author
Sounds like something I would hear while watching a Mafia/crime movie.

 

Oops. I guess that was some kind of profiling....

 

I bet you are funny when you do stand up Bluto.

 

And to everyone, I think most of us know what it means to lose because we had to win. Wilder is probably a victim here but by trying to win in the court of public opinion he may lose.

  • Author
Florida State Seminoles James Wilder Jr. accepts plea deal, to spend 3 more days in jail

 

Thanks for that, each article tells a little more about Wilder's issues:

 

Florida State running back James Wilder Jr. admitted to violating the terms of his probation during a plea hearing Thursday and agreed to serve three additional days in jail to complete his sentence.

 

In order to avoid further jail time while awaiting a hearing, Wilder accepted a plea deal that included 11 days in jail -- eight of which he already has served.

 

"While we'd liked to have disputed it, he doesn't have the luxury to sit in the Leon County Jail," Tim Jansen, Wilder's attorney, said.

 

Wilder originally was charged with felony assault in February, but he pleaded no contest to a lesser charge in April and was sentenced to six months' probation, time in work camp, and was ordered to complete five days of anger-management classes.

 

A Breathalyzer test before one of his scheduled work-camp days earlier this month, however, revealed a blood-alcohol content of 0.01, which resulted in a warrant being issued for his arrest.

 

The rising sophomore turned himself in Friday at the Leon County Jail.

 

Jansen said he believed Wilder would have been found not guilty of the violation, but waiting for a hearing might have meant another 30 days in jail for Wilder and likely would jeopardize his chances of playing football this season.

 

"We obviously feel he didn't violate the probation because we felt the .01 was within the margin of error," Jansen said. "Under the circumstances, he accepted the violation to get out so he could get back to school. It was in his best interest to resolve it."

 

Wilder is expected to be released from prison at 12:01 a.m. ET Sunday, Jansen said. Wilder also will pay a fine, complete two more anger-management classes and complete his original probation, which will last until Oct. 4.

 

Prosecutors originally said Wilder had failed to complete any of his anger-management courses, but Jansen said his client had simply failed to sign up within the court-mandated 30-day period, but indeed had completed three classes -- with two more remaining to complete his probation.

 

"I can assure you, he will get those done," Jansen said.

 

Jansen said he has kept Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher apprised of the situation. A school spokesman said there was no comment at this time.

 

Wilder rushed for 161 yards on 35 carries last season and figures to be in the mix for additional playing time this season.

Did Farrah shoplift? I knew about Winona. Don't forget Lindsay Lohan and Brittney Spears!

 

Agree with your point too. Shoplifting isn't always about not having enough money. It's a sickness for some.

 

 

That's an avatar?! I thought it was a selfie. Aren't you a cheerleader for UK?

 

Please don't let this be a reason to change your avatar. Every man on BGP of a certain age has a secret crush on you because of it and would be very disappointed if you changed it.

That's an avatar?! I thought it was a selfie. Aren't you a cheerleader for UK?

 

Please don't let this be a reason to change your avatar. Every man on BGP of a certain age has a secret crush on you because of it and would be very disappointed if you changed it.

 

No worries. I have no plans on changing it for now.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.