Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

James Wilder Jr. racially profiled at Toys "R" Us in Florence KY?

Featured Replies

Wilder has a pretty big stage and seems eager to use it. Hopefully he gets an apology quickly and the Bengals convince him to let it rest so they won't have an additional distraction this week with the Dalton injury and the holidays.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for this case, it is enough to raise my eyebrows, but I can't make much of it from the story until more info comes about.

 

When he wants to look at the cameras, does he mean look at the cameras from earlier in the day when the previous person was apparently caught stealing?

Did Farrah shoplift? I knew about Winona. Don't forget Lindsay Lohan and Brittney Spears!

 

Agree with your point too. Shoplifting isn't always about not having enough money. It's a sickness for some.

 

Mike Leake, too.

Wasn't there a Reds player nailed for shoplifting not too long ago? Stealing is not just for the poor.

Wasn't there a Reds player nailed for shoplifting not too long ago? Stealing is not just for the poor.

 

See post directly above yours....

Does anyone else think its pretty bold of Wilder to just come out and assume he was profiled based on race? If there was a person in the store earlier that was suspected of shoplifting, and Wilder looked like that person (i.e. same clothes, same stature), then is it really racial profiling?

Is anyone going to address his stereotyping about KENTUCKY in his later tweet? Look, I understand his indignation, I might even agree with him, but then to turn around and do EXACTLY the same thing in assuming this happened because he was in a KENTUCKY Toys R Us is the height of hypocrisy. I have never met the guy, as I assume is the case for 99.9% of all Kentuckians. But, in his eyes apparently, if you're from Kentucky, you are automatically a racist.

I get profiled every time I go to an all you can eat restaurant. I'm not mad.

My wife was telling me about this last night. I am not sure where she was reading the story but said the store manager stated that Wilder heard the employee discussing the earlier theft with another employee and immediately accused him of racial profiling. Wilder was causing a scene after being apologized to for the misunderstanding and would not purchase his items and let it be done. Then after asking him to calm down, purchase his items and to leave the manager did tell Wilder if h didn't stop causing a scene the store would have to call the police to remove him.

 

Not sure of the source, sorry,

I get profiled every time I go to an all you can eat restaurant. I'm not mad.

 

That there is pretty funny. Well done.

Bengals player claims he was racially profiled at Toys R Us - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

 

 

"A store supervisor, who wouldn't give FOX19 NOW a name, says otherwise.

 

The employee says Wilder bought his items and overheard employees talking about another customer who tried to steal a cart full of goods earlier today and Wilder thought it was about him.

 

Wilder was never accused of anything, according to the supervisor. The supervisor said he caused a scene and wouldn't leave which prompted a call to police.

 

A statement from the Toys “R” Us to FOX19 NOW reads, in part, “We are looking into this matter.”

 

Florence police said no incident report was filed. "

Nothing would surprise me about Wilder.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.