Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

That was one heck of a game, however, my DVR failed to give me the ninth inning. The replay was nice and that game was exciting. I'm gonna be there bright and early tomorrow.

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 225.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont know to many people who would fight you over those things.:creepy:

If Ms GT has a favorite, I go with the flow... :D

Went to the game tonight and enjoyed every second of it! David Ross has to be an everyday player NOW!!! I'm pumped, don't know if I'll be sleeping tonight!!!

I was there tonight. I will not post another negative word concerning the Reds the rest of the season. I took my 2 daughters, my oldest son, my neice ,and my nephew, it was a great experience for all of this. 1 dollar hotdogs, a grand slam by the other team, and 4 homer runs including a walk off for the home team, man it doesn't get any better tham that. This game completely changed my view of the Reds. I am glad I saw it in person.

I was there tonight. I will not post another negative word concerning the Reds the rest of the season. I took my 2 daughters, my oldest son, my neice ,and my nephew, it was a great experience for all of this. 1 dollar hotdogs, a grand slam by the other team, and 4 homer runs including a walk off for the home team, man it doesn't get any better tham that. This game completely changed my view of the Reds. I am glad I saw it in person.

 

Look at it on the bright side: You and the other bridge-jumpers were inspiration for my column for the Friday issue. :D

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20060809&content_id=1601769&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin

 

 

CINCINNATI -- When thinking of Reds hitters capable of delivering gargantuan home run blasts, David Ross wouldn't even put David Ross near the top -- or bottom -- of the list.

But it was Ross' two-run homer that provided Cincinnati a thrilling 8-7 walk-off win over the Cardinals on Wednesday. It was huge in every sense of the word.

 

 

 

 

 

The home run went over the batters eye. The last paragraph is priceless.

"It was another big one in my career. It didn't feel quite like this one for some reason," said Ross, who has 14 homers this season. "Maybe [the fact that] I sat on the bench for seven innings had something to do with it. I was eating seeds, chewing bubble gum and Rice Krispie treats or something. It was definitely exciting. My voice is hoarse from screaming so much."

 

"Yet the turd I replaced couldn't even meet me at home plate to celebrate a TEAM victory.":rolleyes: LaRue may now be numero uno on my "list" of disliked baseball players...if you haven't noticed.

The Reds sold 102,000 $1 hotdogs in 2 nights.

 

My son went on Tuesday night and said it was the loudest baseball game he has ever attended. He said the noise in the stadium after Freel's catch was unreal.

The Reds sold 102,000 $1 hotdogs in 2 nights.

 

My son went on Tuesday night and said it was the loudest baseball game he has ever attended. He said the noise in the stadium after Freel's catch was unreal.

 

It was loud Tuesday. I was hoping Rolen was going to hit into a double play after Freel's catch so I could see how much louder it could get.

"Yet the turd I replaced couldn't even meet me at home plate to celebrate a TEAM victory.":rolleyes: LaRue may now be numero uno on my "list" of disliked baseball players...if you haven't noticed.

Did Larue not join the others at home plate?

Did Larue not join the others at home plate?

 

Nope. I noticed him wearing their red pullover shirt in the dugout when everyone came in from celebrating. He gave Ross a five but didn't look happy. When they showed the replay of them jumping on home plate, no red shirt. After they showed it 10 times my brother, cousin and myself tried to locate cowboy and he was no where to be found. Hopefully he was packing his gear...

Nope. I noticed him wearing their red pullover shirt in the dugout when everyone came in from celebrating. He gave Ross a five but didn't look happy. When they showed the replay of them jumping on home plate, no red shirt. After they showed it 10 times my brother, cousin and myself tried to locate cowboy and he was no where to be found. Hopefully he was packing his gear...

Saddle up Cowboy its gonna be a long ride ON THE BENCH the rest of the way.:banana:

Did Larue not join the others at home plate?

 

 

 

If you remember Valentin pinch hit to begin the inning so LaRue was in the bullpen catching whomever the Reds were warming up in case the game went into extra innings.

My son and I were posturing all of the substitions and we were trying to figure out who was left after Deno came in to pinch run for Aurillia. If the game went to xtra innings we thought that Freel would go to 2nd, Philips to short, and Deno in right Narron was obviously playing for the win, and did a masterful job. Were we forgetting somebody left on the bench?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.