August 10, 200620 yr My son and I were posturing all of the substitions and we were trying to figure out who was left after Deno came in to pinch run for Aurillia. If the game went to xtra innings we thought that Freel would go to 2nd, Philips to short, and Deno in right Narron was obviously playing for the win, and did a masterful job. Were we forgetting somebody left on the bench? Castro would have been left, and more than likely would have gone in to play shortstop.
August 10, 200620 yr Castro would have been left, and more than likely would have gone in to play shortstop. I knew we were missing someone. Thanks
August 10, 200620 yr I knew we were missing someone. Thanks Don't forget that Eddie G was all that was left in the pen as well. Baseball guy sold out for that W...
August 10, 200620 yr Don't forget that Eddie G was all that was left in the pen as well. Baseball guy sold out for that W... Who is the emergency catcher? If I had to guess, I would guess Freel.
August 10, 200620 yr Who is the emergency catcher? If I had to guess, I would guess Freel. Freel or maybe Hatte...
August 10, 200620 yr Freel or maybe Hatte... Thats right Hatte used to catch. Who do you think sits today? Anyone besides Griffey?
August 10, 200620 yr Thats right Hatte used to catch. Who do you think sits today? Anyone besides Griffey? I know it's an early day game after a night game, but I think Jr. will be in the lineup today. As well as E-5 is swining the bat, Narron has to keep him in the lineup.
August 10, 200620 yr Deno was just sent back down. If Junior sits, Hollandsworth starts in RF and Freel in CF IMO...
August 10, 200620 yr Look at it on the bright side: You and the other bridge-jumpers were inspiration for my column for the Friday issue. Do we get compensated for said inspiration?:lol:
August 10, 200620 yr Here is today's lineup. 1. R Freel RF 2. S Hatteberg 1B 3. K Griffey Jr. CF 4. E Encarnacion 3B 5. A Dunn 6. B Phillips 2B 7. D Ross C 8. J Castro SS 9. B Arroyo P
August 10, 200620 yr Here is today's lineup. 1. R Freel RF 2. S Hatteberg 1B 3. K Griffey Jr. CF 4. E Encarnacion 3B 5. A Dunn 6. B Phillips 2B 7. D Ross C 8. J Castro SS 9. B Arroyo P Looks perfect. Let's make it 3 of 4 boys!!!
August 10, 200620 yr Looks perfect. Let's make it 3 of 4 boys!!! Except Castro can't hit, and Arroyo hasn't won since June 19th. :sssh:
August 10, 200620 yr Do we get compensated for said inspiration?:lol: With my salary, it'll have to be a soda pop or a beer the next time I see you.
August 10, 200620 yr Arroyo struggles a bit, throwing 27 pitches in the 1st inning, but he gets out of the inning with only 1 run bein scored. A throwing error by Phillips on what would have been an inning ending double play kept the inning going for the Cards.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.