Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

Narron made some good moves, but I cant put the winning run on third with no outs.

 

 

I have to agree with LABS. Howard is a great player, but I think you have to pitch to him in that situation.

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 225.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So the Reds will retain a 1/2 game lead in the Wild Card, and remain 3 1/2 games behind the Cards. The Astros are now just 1 1/2 games back in the Wild Card, and the Phillies just 2 back. Does anyone know what happens when 5-6 teams end up tied for the Wild Card?

I would be afraid to even attempt a guess at that one. :confused: :confused:

I have to agree with LABS. Howard is a great player, but I think you have to pitch to him in that situation.

:thumb: :thumb:

I have to agree with LABS. Howard is a great player, but I think you have to pitch to him in that situation.

With the way EZ looked, no way. The game ends right there if you do...

I disagree...there are ways to unintentionally walk a batter.

I just cant put the winning run on third...with no outs.

 

Joe Mays is slated to pitch tomorrow for Louisville.

Yikes

With the way EZ looked, no way. The game ends right there if you do...

 

 

I still take my chances with a runners on 1st and 2nd, instead of the bases loaded. It doesn't really matter now, the Reds lost anyway. The Reds need a big time start from whomever gets the call tomorrow night.

.

 

Joe Mays is slated to pitch tomorrow for Louisville.

Yikes

 

 

 

You ain't a kidding. Hopefully they go a different route.

I still take my chances with a runners on 1st and 2nd, instead of the bases loaded. It doesn't really matter now, the Reds lost anyway. The Reds need a big time start from whomever gets the call tomorrow night.

I would think the percentages are much higher that a run will score from third in that situation, than Howard getting a hit.

In his last 6 games he's hitting .391 with 3 HR. You watched EZ throw tonight, right? I'd give a less than 30% chance he prevents him from a hit...

In his last 6 games he's hitting .391 with 3 HR. You watched EZ throw tonight, right? I'd give a less than 30% chance he prevents him from a hit...

 

 

Like I said, it really doesn't matter now. We can second guess all of Narron's moves all night, but the end result is going to be the same. A Reds loss. The biggest question is who pitches tomorrow, and after playing Aurillia at short for a few innings tonight, will Narron play him there more often to get Aurillia, Hatteberg, and Encarnacion all in the lineup at the same time.

The biggest question is who pitches tomorrow, and after playing Aurillia at short for a few innings tonight, will Narron play him there more often to get Aurillia, Hatteberg, and Encarnacion all in the lineup at the same time.

I agree on both. I would have no problem with Rich at SS for a short time while all three are white hot. As for tomorrow, maybe Wayne finalized something tonight, and we don't know about it yet... :sssh: :lol:

Per Lancaster...

 

PHILADELPHIA -- Despite throwing 15 pitches tonight, Elizardo Ramirez remains the probable starter for tomorrow's (today's, whatever) game.

 

Narron said there is a contingency plan of some sort if for some reason EZ can't go tomorrow, but he didn't say what that plan would be. Maybe Milton coming back early? I don't know. Louisville's got a day/night doubleheader on the road tomorrow, so I doubt it'd be anyone from down there.

 

Anyway, plan on EZ tomorrow. But there's no way they can be expecting him to pitch more than six, and I have no idea what they're going to do with the bullpen. Cormier apparently was unavailable with some sort of hip problem, but Narron thinks he'll be ready to go tomorrow.

That sure isn't the news I wanted to hear. Hopefully something will change between now and tomorrow night.

I could live with Belisle if he got the call tonight, and can make it...

You forgot to add the previous blog entry by Marc.

The one that said "Oh my God", if he was near a bridge he would be tempted to jump off.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.