Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

Fan interference? I don,t think so. This is going to be a slugfest. Is everyone available in the pen. Man our starting pitching is really starting to decline.

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 225.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So our third pitcher from a month ago should be optioned? cut? Maybe we can get rid of Bronson too since he's struggling. Ryan Franklin and Joe Mays can start.:rolleyes:

 

Well, if you like how Ramirez gives us a solid 1.2 innings consistently, then I guess we should go with your opinion and leave him in there every 5th day.

Maybe Ramirez should be sent down to get himself straightened out. He still has minor league options, and I would rather him lose games for Louisville than Cincinnati. But whatever floats your boat.

Maybe Ramirez should be sent down to get himself straightened out. He still has minor league options, and I would rather him lose games for Louisville than Cincinnati. But whatever floats your boat.

Who replaces him?

Griffey needs a few days off. He looks hopeless up there. 3 strikeouts, can't make contact with guys on 3rd and less than 2 outs. Heck, Ramirez and Michalak have got hits tonight.

Well, if you like how Ramirez gives us a solid 1.2 innings consistently, then I guess we should go with your opinion and leave him in there every 5th day.

 

1.2 innings consistently??? Except for the last 2 starts, Ramirez was CONSISTENTLY one of our best pitchers mostly all year.... :rolleyes:

Yeah, but this is crunch time and he is too inexperienced for the stretch run. He is obviously pitching scared or he has lost the confidence that he once had. Something needs to be done because it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

Griffey needs a few days off. He looks hopeless up there. 3 strikeouts, can't make contact with guys on 3rd and less than 2 outs. Heck, Ramirez and Michalak have got hits tonight.

 

I do agree with you on that I think Griffey needs a couple of days off. He has been strugling as of late, and it seems like he is trying to hard now to make plays for this team instead of just letting it come to him. Griffey has been playing really hard in the outfield the last two nights but it seems like he is just trying to hard and he ends up messing the catches. So I do agree given Griffey two or three days off I think will help him out..

The thing is, Griffey will never ask for or accept being benched for a couple of games, which leaves Narron between a rock and a hard place. But right now, Griffey is just too much of a liability to the team. We need him to regain his form a.s.a.p.

Not sure if he is a starter, but he is impressive and he has pitched starter innings tonight. We might as well give him another shot!

Yeah, but this is crunch time and he is too inexperienced for the stretch run. He is obviously pitching scared or he has lost the confidence that he once had. Something needs to be done because it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

 

Yea maybe but I dont blame to much of the blame on him for today because not many pitchers could go out and pitch an inning the night before and then come right back out and start the next day... Who would you replace him with in the rotation?

 

Honestly if we were to replace him I know we got Franklin, but I would want the guy who is in now to do that because he seems to be a ground ball pitcher and that is the type of starting pitcher we need in the rotation because we have way to many fly ball pitchers and that dont help us out playing in a homerun friendly ball park like Great American...

Michalak seems like he could handle it, he has been great tonight.

Not sure if he is a starter, but he is impressive and he has pitched starter innings tonight. We might as well give him another shot!

 

I think he is a starter because they said he pitched 7 innings in minors on tuesday, so I assume he is a starter...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.