Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

Two things. It looks like Mercker's career may be over. I hate to hear this. He has been a great professional, on and off of the field. I wish him the best of luck.

 

 

From Lancasters Blog. Lancaster

 

 

PHILADELPHIA -- Apologies for my late arrival, I've been out most of the day.

 

First, the bad news. It sounds as if Kent Mercker's 20-year professional career probably came to an end last night. He apparently believes he blew out his elbow, and if that's the case I imagine he's done for good.

 

 

Secondly, Ramierz has been optioned to Louisville. After tonight's performance I would think that Michalak goes into the rotation.

 

 

 

The Reds optioned Elizardo Ramirez to Louisville after the game.

 

No corresponding move until tomorrow. I'd guess Belisle or maybe Shackelford.

 

By the way, someone asked Narron after the game whether he'd considered starting Michalak instead. He said he got about 30 minutes of sleep last night, mostly pondering that question.

 

"Knowing what we had in the bullpen, I really felt better with Ramirez starting and being picked up by Michalak than the other way around, and that is what I stayed up all night tossing and turning about. I really felt like we had a better chance of winning with Michalak picking up Ramirez."

 

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 225.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad to here Merker has to leave like that, apparently he said he only had a few hours left in his career as of Thursday I guess a blown elbow explains that statement. It didn't look good early but they fought back and made it very interesting in the 9th. I didn't have a problem with pitching to Howard even though he belted his 40th earlier in the game, takes at least a double to tie the game, you could go either way.

He does the opposite of the obvious. Tonight and last night...

 

 

He made 2 bad calls IMO. I wold have pitched to him yesterday and walked him today. I thought he got very LUCKY today on that big K by Eddie.

You pitch to Howard with your left handed closer in the game. You don't pitch to him with your right handed 5th starter that can't get anyone out in the 14th inning. Do you guys just watch the game waiting to find something to blast Narron on? Geez...

I didn't get to see the game tonight, but I followed it online on my phone. Nice to get a much needed bounce back W...

I hate to hear that about Mercker. He had a nice long career, and I wish him the best if this turns out to be true...

You pitch to Howard with your left handed closer in the game. You don't pitch to him with your right handed 5th starter that can't get anyone out in the 14th inning. Do you guys just watch the game waiting to find something to blast Narron on? Geez...

 

Overall, I think Narron has done a decent job.

However, the Reds are in the playoff hunt and games this late into the year are magnified.

Consequently, his actions and player's actions are much more under the microscope.

There are a handful of losses this year in which he has made some poor decisions. Plus, he has made some moves that have helped them win some games.

I just find it difficult to understand some of the moves he makes and some of the ones he does not make.

For starters...why he is allowing Junior to continue to bat in the 3 hole is unreal.

As Lance McAlister stated, he is either an idiot, or is afraid to move him out of the 3 hole.

Encarnarcion has to play everyday, at third base. His bat and ability to drive in runs is too valuable. Sure he makes an error every now and again. Aurilia may make fewer errors there but he doesn't get to balls that EE gets to.

I am just glad we have reason to cheer and bellyache this late into the season.

Last night's bounceback W was as big as any we have had this year.

I think what the Reds need to do is just look ahead, don't look back now, it's there for the taking. Go after it and take it. Lets today win. Go Reds.:banana:

Shack returns to take EZ's spot...

With Milton going for the Reds today, and with him being a fly ball pitcher, Narron gets Aurillia in the lineup at shortstop. Here is today's Reds lineup.

 

 

 

Freel RF

 

Hatteberg 1b

 

Griffey CF

 

Encarnacion 3b

 

Dunn LF

 

Aurillia SS

 

Phillips 2b

 

Ross C

 

Milton P

This is our most dangerous offensive lineup IMO.

This is our most dangerous offensive lineup IMO.

I agree, but vs Meyers it might not do much...

I agree, but vs Meyers it might not do much...

 

 

I agree. Milton is going to have to throw one of his best games of the year if the Reds are going to have a chance in this one. Meyers looked very dominant in the 1st inning.

Meyers looked very dominant in the 1st inning.

And even better in the 2nd...

What would it have taken to trade for Myers?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.