Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

You forgot to add the previous blog entry by Marc.

The one that said "Oh my God", if he was near a bridge he would be tempted to jump off.

I didn't know I was required to post every one... :p

 

I've covered a few games that long, and that's my response every time... :lol:

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 225.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bats are in Charlotte tonight...

The Bats are in Charlotte tonight...

 

 

Which means what exactly? Has Belisle pitched in a rehab assignment yet?

Which means what exactly? Has Belisle pitched in a rehab assignment yet?

It means they aren't all that far from Philly, and right near a large airport. Belisle has pitched in two 1 inning relief outings over the last 4 days I believe. Just taking a guess...

On the bright side, Lohse looks good so far. As expected, he has nasty stuff when he keeps it down...

How about this as the core lineup for the rest of August...

 

Freel RF

Dunn LF

Hatte 1B

E-5 3B

Junior CF

Rich SS

BP 2B

Ross/Cowboy C

 

Bench: LH Hollandsworth, Javy C RH Cowboy/Ross C, Clayton SS, Castro IF

And the rotation in order

 

Harang

Milton

Lohse

Arroyo

Franklin

Game should have never gotten past 9th inning and we wouldn't be talking about this. Can't blow leads like that in a tight race and expect to hold on, esp. twice. Call up Bailey for tomorrow night! ;)

How about this as the core lineup for the rest of August...

 

Freel RF

Dunn LF

Hatte 1B

E-5 3B

Junior CF

Rich SS

BP 2B

Ross/Cowboy C

 

Bench: LH Hollandsworth, Javy C RH Cowboy/Ross C, Clayton SS, Castro IF

 

That Hollandswroth transaction looks good so far. :lol:

Someone tell Narron that we are in a pennant race. Bunt Dunn in the 13th. So sick of them not bunting he and Griffey in late game situations.

We need wins!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about this as the core lineup for the rest of August...

 

Freel RF

Dunn LF

Hatte 1B

E-5 3B

Junior CF

Rich SS

BP 2B

Ross/Cowboy C

 

Bench: LH Hollandsworth, Javy C RH Cowboy/Ross C, Clayton SS, Castro IF

Does Cowboy really have to play? I don,t like Dunn at the 2. 250 hitter (at best) with no wheels and will lead the league in strikeouts typically is not a guy you put in the top 3rd of the lineup. I would prefer BP in that role.

I think that catching a throw from the outfield is something a bit of repitition could cure, however, you can send Jason Larue to the plate day after day after day after month after year,,,,,and he still won't be able to hit. Simple as that. Sad enough to say, that makes him the highest paid bullpen catcher in the free world. Ross has more than earned PT and should be one of 2 catchers on the roster, the other of which is not from Texas. Have you noticed that Bronson Armstrong's winless stint seemed to coincide somewhat with Ross' DL stint? Very interesting!

 

 

 

P.S. Since I didn't actually look that up, I'm sure that GT will lambaste me if he googles it and I am totally errant with that date! :p

 

 

 

I could play catcher for the Reds and it would be awful. I'm not a catcher. However, on throws from the OF I wouldn't hurt them. I can catch. That is one of the easiest plays catchers have to make eswpecially when the opt not to block the plate (like Ross).

Narron definitely has me scratching my head tonight.

 

 

Nobody has mentioned the Hatteburg bunt. With one out, a great contact hitter up, your fastest runner at first, why bunt? A hit in run or a straight steal would have been much better, but to concede the 2nd out to get the runner into scoring position is straight up not good baseball.

 

They should not have walked Howard. Once they put the runner on 3rd with no outs there are just too many ways to for him to score. It almost worked because they got the first guy out, but a walk, wild pitch, fly ball, all score the runner at third. In almost any other situation I'd walk Howard, but that wasn't a good situation to do so.

Someone tell Narron that we are in a pennant race. Bunt Dunn in the 13th. So sick of them not bunting he and Griffey in late game situations.

We need wins!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont think those 2 can bunt. If Jr had any bat control at all he could be at least a .400 hitter by slapping the ball into left field against the shift. Obviously he cant do that, so he contines to ground out to the short right fielder/2nd baseman. The other teams have definetly got in Jrs head with that shift.

Does Cowboy really have to play? I don,t like Dunn at the 2. 250 hitter (at best) with no wheels and will lead the league in strikeouts typically is not a guy you put in the top 3rd of the lineup. I would prefer BP in that role.

We are stuck with LaRue, and yes he is by far our best defensive catcher. I think in the 8 hole in that lineup we'd be able to absorb how bad he is at the plate. As for Dunn, he is hitting .320 since the break and his OBP is through the roof. I love BP, but I think he's a better option at the bottom of the order right now...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.