The Pines in Bethel Ohio

A ferry ride across the river from Augusta, KY is one of my favorite courses.

http://www.cincigolf.com/pines.htm

Not a bad course and the owner wanted a unique course, he owns several others, and made it a 20-hole course. Good test and the greens are in fine shape.

But my favorite characteristic. $20 and play as many holes as you want. I have two friends that played 73 holes for their $20.

We went, played 20, they allowed us to keep our clubs on the cart, went into town, had lunch and returned for another 20.

A group from my church will be taking the ferry ride over on Saturday to play 20-40-60-80-or the unthinkable 100 holes of golf on Saturday. We may need help in raising our hands to the Lord come Sunday morning.:D

Went this weekend and played 49 holes. Shot 112 on the first 20 holes. 103 on the 2nd 20 holes. Shot a 48 on the last 9 holes. Didn't play the last hole on the front 10 because we couldn't see the tee box.

All for $20. That is 40 cents a hole. Pretty good deal.

Greens were in great shape. Fairways were okay. They had rough and bunkers galore. Two holes we played 3 times and I was in the same cotton pickin bunker each time.

Man it was hot.

Also, the management lets you keep your clubs on the cart when you run into town for lunch. I recommend the Feed Meal. Nice country cooking.

If you are going from KY, take the ferry across the river at Augusta, $5.00 for a car/truck/van and go north (means left out of the ferry landing). About 3-5 miles look for 133 on the right. Turn onto it. Go about 3-5 miles and look for 222 on the left. 222 will first merge with 133 and then turn left leaving 133, that is the left you want. Go about 2 miles and it will be on the right.