Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

A question about gun control

Featured Replies

Are you saying we allow them to buy a gun to trap them? :no:

Can't say I like that.

 

I understand that may be inconvenient, but a couple of hitches is worth some lives.

 

No not at all...The way he explained is that if everyone on the watch list was put on the no gun list, then if that got out all they would have to do is attempt to buy a gun to see if they were being monitored. In this case didn't the shooters buy the two rifles from a neighbor? Even if they were on the list it wouldn't have stopped them. I'd say most terrorist will get their guns 2nd hand and not risk their info going through the system to begin with.

  • Replies 507
  • Views 35.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This will throw your common sense out the window. You are trying to say that banning guns would decrease the number of people shot. This is obviously true. However, the point is that the attempt is to stop gun violence. Meaning harm done to others via a gun. These numbers show drastically different statistics. The areas where gun violence is more abundant are areas with stricter gun laws (typically). Would banning sewing machines keep people from getting stabbed by a needle while sewing, sure it would. Your reasoning is absurd.

 

I have a feeling anyone that doesn't agree with you is absurd. Carry on.

This will throw your common sense out the window. You are trying to say that banning guns would decrease the number of people shot. This is obviously true. However, the point is that the attempt is to stop gun violence. Meaning harm done to others via a gun. These numbers show drastically different statistics. The areas where gun violence is more abundant are areas with stricter gun laws (typically). Would banning sewing machines keep people from getting stabbed by a needle while sewing, sure it would. Your reasoning is absurd.

 

So if banning sewing machines will stop people from getting stuck by a needle as you say is obvious, then banning guns will have fewer people getting shot. Well that would be a good thing. I never have proposed banning guns, but maybe you can change my mind. Tell me more.

 

And the purpose of a sewing machine is drastically different than that of a gun. Poor analogy.

No not at all...The way he explained is that if everyone on the watch list was put on the no gun list, then if that got out all they would have to do is attempt to buy a gun to see if they were being monitored. In this case didn't the shooters buy the two rifles from a neighbor? Even if they were on the list it wouldn't have stopped them. I'd say most terrorist will get their guns 2nd hand and not risk their info going through the system to begin with.

 

I don't doubt any terror suspect will try to avoid the system, but if they couldn't own guns wouldn't it be illegal for the secondary source to sell them the guns. They would then face the same charges a gun shop would face for selling guns illegally.

I don't doubt any terror suspect will try to avoid the system, but if they couldn't own guns wouldn't it be illegal for the secondary source to sell them the guns. They would then face the same charges a gun shop would face for selling guns illegally.

 

Sure it would be...but guns get sold on street corners and out of cars every day. No law will stop criminals from selling guns to criminals.

 

In this case they bought them from the neighbor...being on the list wouldn't have stopped that sale. As private sellers have no way to verify that someone can legally purchase a firearm or not.

 

I'd like to see a mechanism put in place so if I sell a gun to a neighbor, that I could verify that he can legally purchase one.

  • Author

I love the BGP community. But some of you are very naive.

  • Author

The thought that a terrorist won't have guns because they can't own them legally is hilarious and at the same time sad that people would really believe that would even be possible. After all, inland regional was a gun free zone. Farook wasn't even allowed to take a gun in that place. Silly I tell ya.

I don't want guns banned but I do think more gun safety and training should be required, if only to protect the gun owner who has one out of fear. And that is a dangerous situation.

I don't doubt any terror suspect will try to avoid the system, but if they couldn't own guns wouldn't it be illegal for the secondary source to sell them the guns. They would then face the same charges a gun shop would face for selling guns illegally.

 

What about the event that a terrorist (or recently turned radical Muslim) becomes radicalized after having already purchased a gun?

The thought that a terrorist won't have guns because they can't own them legally is hilarious and at the same time sad that people would really believe that would even be possible. After all, inland regional was a gun free zone. Farook wasn't even allowed to take a gun in that place. Silly I tell ya.

 

Preach, could'nt have said it better.

The thought that a terrorist won't have guns because they can't own them legally is hilarious and at the same time sad that people would really believe that would even be possible. After all' date=' inland regional was a gun free zone. Farook wasn't even allowed to take a gun in that place. Silly I tell ya.[/quote']

 

2 groups are exempt from gun laws, people who work for the state and criminals.

Sure it would be...but guns get sold on street corners and out of cars every day. No law will stop criminals from selling guns to criminals.

 

In this case they bought them from the neighbor...being on the list wouldn't have stopped that sale. As private sellers have no way to verify that someone can legally purchase a firearm or not.

 

I'd like to see a mechanism put in place so if I sell a gun to a neighbor, that I could verify that he can legally purchase one.

 

Hey that's another thing that I believe gun control and pro gun crowds get around.

The whole goal would be to keep guns out of the wrong hands as much as possible.

 

I'm certain it's not a silly idea to try.

If I was on a no fly list, or a watch list, or in any way banned from buying guns, I could buy one by the end of the evening regardless. And I'm the most pro-gun guy you know (ask my wife as I buy another safe) yet some of this nonsense should be curbed. For instance, just go to the site armslist.com and look at your state. Folks selling guns and no paper trail, not background check, just want some cash for the holidays. While I like that site for guys like me, I don't like it for guys with ulterior motives. So, to be frank, I'm not opposed at all for some type of reform(s). However, the paranoia among the gun crowd is that where does that embargo end? Just some reforms or does it set a precedent for the next phase to disarm us? Maybe those of you who aren't in the gun crowd can't see why there's pause from those of us on the other side. For me, I don't trust the gov't much. It's really as simple as that.

  • Author

 

I'd like to see a mechanism put in place so if I sell a gun to a neighbor, that I could verify that he can legally purchase one.

 

I'm certainly with you on that one. To be honest I'm surprised such a process has never been implemented. Getting verified by an FFL is a pretty painless and simple process. Not sure why the average Joe couldn't do the same as a federal firearm licensee, all it takes is a phone calland the buyers information.

If I was on a no fly list, or a watch list, or in any way banned from buying guns, I could buy one by the end of the evening regardless. And I'm the most pro-gun guy you know (ask my wife as I buy another safe) yet some of this nonsense should be curbed. For instance, just go to the site armslist.com and look at your state. Folks selling guns and no paper trail, not background check, just want some cash for the holidays. While I like that site for guys like me, I don't like it for guys with ulterior motives. So, to be frank, I'm not opposed at all for some type of reform(s). However, the paranoia among the gun crowd is that where does that embargo end? Just some reforms or does it set a precedent for the next phase to disarm us? Maybe those of you who aren't in the gun crowd can't see why there's pause from those of us on the other side. For me, I don't trust the gov't much. It's really as simple as that.

 

I saw someone earlier in the year post a pic of guns on a bed in Facebook in a Buy Sell Trade group. They gave the address of the motel they were at and the prices of the guns. I was told such sales are perfectly legal.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.