December 12, 201510 yr And................. Should I not be able to protect myself and my family against criminals with the same weapons? I am a law abiding citizen. Peasants can't be trusted with 30 round mags. We're only allowed to have up to 17 round mags like in the G17.
December 12, 201510 yr You do realize that a lot of hunting rifles are much more powerful than the .223 rounds used in the California attack, right? What is your definition of an "assault" rifle? I have a handgun that shoots a 5.7x28 mm round. That's similar to the .223 used in these attacks, it just has a shortened cartridge with a little less powder behind it. Would you call that an assault pistol? What part of "reducing carnage in mass murders" don't you understand? Any weapon that has the potential to spray X number of bullets in Y seconds should be banned. Period.
December 12, 201510 yr Author What part of "reducing carnage in mass murders" don't you understand? Any weapon that has the potential to spray X number of bullets in Y seconds should be banned. Period. So then you want to ban essentially everything. Any semi auto weapon is capable of firing at a faster rate than one can pull the trigger. It doesn't matter whether it's a pistol, hunting rifle, "assault" rifle, or shotgun. Can I keep my knife?
December 12, 201510 yr So then you want to ban essentially everything. Any semi auto weapon is capable of firing at a faster rate than one can pull the trigger. It doesn't matter whether it's a pistol, hunting rifle, "assault" rifle, or shotgun. Can I keep my knife? Just ban AR-15s and similar rat-tat-tat-tat rifles for starters. You don't need one to "protect your family." When you turn in your AR-15, the feds will give you a voucher good at the local hobby store so you can get started on safer pastimes such as toy trains and bird watching.
December 12, 201510 yr Just ban AR-15s and similar rat-tat-tat-tat rifles for starters. You don't need one to "protect your family." When you turn in your AR-15, the feds will give you a voucher good at the local hobby store so you can get started on safer pastimes such as toy trains and bird watching. You know nothing about weapons so how do you know what I need to protect my family with? If the bad guys are going to have AR's or AK's, I need one so I can protect my family.
December 12, 201510 yr Author Just ban AR-15s and similar rat-tat-tat-tat rifles for starters. You don't need one to "protect your family." When you turn in your AR-15, the feds will give you a voucher good at the local hobby store so you can get started on safer pastimes such as toy trains and bird watching. I actually do have some toy trains. I don't need anymore of them. I may use my voucher to buy another gun though. But on a serious note, why wouldn't I need one to protect my family since they are so bad in your mind but terrorists and criminals have them? Your kinda contradicting yourself there. Your basically telling me I can't own one to protect my family. Meanwhile terrerorists and criminals will still have access to as many as they want. Do you see the ignorance in your philosophy?
December 12, 201510 yr Are some of you guys part of a cartel? some of you have a fervent belief you will be attacked by someone with a machine gun arsenal.
December 12, 201510 yr Author Are some of you guys part of a cartel? some of you have a fervent belief you will be attacked by someone with a machine gun arsenal. No I'm not. If I were I would likely not be allowed to own a gun. So obviously I wouldn't have any. By the way, AR 15's are just semi auto rifles. Machine guns they are not.
December 12, 201510 yr Are some of you guys part of a cartel? some of you have a fervent belief you will be attacked by someone with a machine gun arsenal. These weapons are fairly common with gangs. There are many gangs around the country. Should a private citizen not be armed as well as these gangs to protect themselves?
December 12, 201510 yr 1. Get to know your neighbors. Say "Hi" from time to time. 2. Get a dog that barks. 3. If you still feel paranoid about guys in black masks invading your home, then move to a "safer" zip code.
December 12, 201510 yr Are some of you guys part of a cartel? some of you have a fervent belief you will be attacked by someone with a machine gun arsenal. Well now that you mention it how many guns did your King give to Mexican cartels? It's ok to give them to Mexican drug lords but Americans can't have them? Got it. Still waiting for someone to be punished for Operation Fast and Furious. Guess we will file that next to the dead Americans at Bengazi.
December 12, 201510 yr 1. Get to know your neighbors. Say "Hi" from time to time. 2. Get a dog that barks. 3. If you still feel paranoid about guys in black masks invading your home' date=' then move to a "safer" zip code.[/quote'] You might obey and subscribe to a dictator but we don't. Therefore, you don't tell us what we can and cannot use for protection.
December 12, 201510 yr Author 1. Get to know your neighbors. Say "Hi" from time to time. 2. Get a dog that barks. 3. If you still feel paranoid about guys in black masks invading your home, then move to a "safer" zip code. 1. Hello neighbor, how are you? Are you a criminal or terrorist? No? OK good. 2. All dogs bark, that doesn't necessarily mean there is a threat. Nor does it mean they would scare a threat away. 3. Which zipcode do you recommend? What is your point?
December 12, 201510 yr I wouldn't be so sure. I'm hearing real fears from the Kentucky wing of the NRA on this thread alone. Your shotguns and deer rifles are safe, but assault rifles similar to those used at Colorado Springs and San Bernardino should be banned from civilian use. Why, so only the terrorists will have them?
December 12, 201510 yr Just ban AR-15s and similar rat-tat-tat-tat rifles for starters. You don't need one to "protect your family." When you turn in your AR-15, the feds will give you a voucher good at the local hobby store so you can get started on safer pastimes such as toy trains and bird watching. I can unload 16 rounds from my pistol in seconds. In a few more seconds I can unload another magazine with 15 more rounds. Ban those too?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.