Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

A question about gun control

Featured Replies

But is it a constitutional right? No.

 

It's a right protected under the Second Amendment so the answer is yes as far as I see it.

  • Replies 507
  • Views 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's a right protected under the Second Amendment so the answer is yes as far as I see it.

You're really sinking in the quickstand. Your right to "bear arms" doesn't necessarily extend to AR-15s. No doubt that's why you included the "as far as I see it" line.

You're really sinking in the quickstand. Your right to "bear arms" doesn't necessarily extend to AR-15s.

 

You're reaching again. Is it legal to own them? Yes. Therefore protected under the 2nd amendment.

You're reaching again. Is it legal to own them? Yes. Therefore protected under the 2nd amendment.

I like your back-door logic. Fact is, Congress could ban civilian ownership of assault weapons tomorrow, and such would not be "unconstitutional."

I like your back-door logic. Fact is, Congress could ban civilian ownership of assault weapons tomorrow, and such would not be "unconstitutional."

 

Which in a roundabout way is what I'm trying to get at. The "it's legal so it's constitutional" argument. What happens when it ain't legal?

I like your back-door logic. Fact is, Congress could ban civilian ownership of assault weapons tomorrow, and such would not be "unconstitutional."

 

Until that happens it's protected under the Second Amendment. Therefore unless that happens it still a right. You'll have to excuse me as I have to be getting ready for church, time for me to go cling to my Bible and all. I'll pick this back up after church.

  • Author
Correct. No citizen patriot needs to own one.

 

Ignorance is bliss.

  • Author
What happens when it ain't legal?

 

Terrorists and such will have to start attacking with muzzle loaders of course.

One last point before I walk out the door. If there is a ban on so-called assault weapons it will likely be like the last one. So for the sake of argument let's say TTP owns an AR-15 and an AK-47, if for nothing else just to make him feel uncomfortable, lol. If there was a ban he would still get to keep those weapons, therefore still protected under the Second Amendment.

One last point before I walk out the door. If there is a ban on so-called assault weapons it will likely be like the last one. So for the sake of argument let's say TTP owns an AR-15 and an AK-47, if for nothing else just to make him feel uncomfortable, lol. If there was a ban he would still get to keep those weapons, therefore still protected under the Second Amendment.

Congress could simply pass a law outlawing ownership of AR-15s, and not just manufacture of said weapons. Don't base your assumptions on what the situation was 1994-2004.

  • Author
Congress could simply pass a law outlawing ownership of AR-15s, and not just manufacture of said weapons. Don't base your assumptions on what the situation was 1994-2004.

 

Why would they want to ban a semi auto rifle?

Why would they want to ban a semi auto rifle?

Reread the previous 205 posts.

 

Read this S L O W L Y so that perhaps it might sink in. I'm not a member of the NRA. I'm just a guy that thinks for himself and doesn't let fear be his guide.

 

Yeah, I'm not either. Never have been, never will be.

Congress could simply pass a law outlawing ownership of AR-15s, and not just manufacture of said weapons. Don't base your assumptions on what the situation was 1994-2004.

 

Oh? So now you're talking gun confiscation? You're all over the map on this issue. Not to mention showing your true colors.

  • Author
Reread the previous 205 posts.

 

I didn't ask why YOU want to ban them, i asked why congress would. The simple answer is, it ain't happening.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.