Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

A question about gun control

Featured Replies

  • Author
I'm advocating a ban on assault rifles like the AR-15 and the Bushmaster XM15.

 

Am I correct that Walmart isn't selling these anymore? What's the world coming to?

 

Good for Walmart. That just means more business for local gun shops.

  • Replies 507
  • Views 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 

That's what people in power used to think about owning slaves.

 

And again, if these weapons are no longer protected under the 2nd, what is their status?

 

So you think owning a gun is similar to owning people?

  • Author
So you think owning a gun is similar to owning people?

 

It's worse actually. Guns are evil. When us gun owners are sleeping our guns break out of the house and kill innocent people.

I do have a sincere question. Why do these mass shooters: aurora, San bern, sandy hook and others choose the AR-15 if it isn't an assault weapon that offers a distinct advantage. Is it cheap? Reliable? What is the draw?

  • Author
I do have a sincere question. Why do these mass shooters: aurora, San bern, sandy hook and others choose the AR-15 if it isn't an assault weapon that offers a distinct advantage. Is it cheap? Reliable? What is the draw?

 

Basically yes, it is cheap and it is reliable. You can buy one for under $600. The crazy thing is Farook paid his former neighbor 10k for two of them. If that isn't a red flag, I don't know what is. However that isn't even being talked about. The only thing anyone seems to be concerned about is the gun(s) that were used.

Just in time for Christmas -- get one for every member of your family!

 

New trigger makes AR-15s nearly full auto.

 

Smaller headline says:

"A new drop-in trigger promises to turn your basic AR into a (nearly) full-auto rifle with no need for the onerous NFA licensing process."

 

(I like the use of the word 'onerous')

 

Link below:

 

New trigger makes AR-15s nearly full auto - Grand View Outdoors

  • Author
Just in time for Christmas -- get one for every member of your family!

 

New trigger makes AR-15s nearly full auto.

 

Smaller headline says:

"A new drop-in trigger promises to turn your basic AR into a (nearly) full-auto rifle with no need for the onerous NFA licensing process."

 

(I like the use of the word 'onerous')

 

Link below:

 

New trigger makes AR-15s nearly full auto - Grand View Outdoors

 

 

Haha. You still don't have a clue do you? Custom triggers are available for pretty much any gun made. But "nearly" full auto they are not.

Haha. You still don't have a clue do you? Custom triggers are available for pretty much any gun made. But "nearly" full auto they are not.

You would be wrong, as usual. Pick up the video on the link at about the 38-second mark. Then ask yourself why any civilian patriot needs to dispense lead this fast ... unless, of course, you're one of those nut cases who is stockpiling weapons for the upcoming "revolution" ... or worse.

 

With gizmos like this, it doesn't matter what the rate of fire is supposed to be.

  • Author
You would be wrong, as usual. Pick up the video on the link at about the 38-second mark. Then ask yourself why any civilian patriot needs to dispense lead this fast ... unless, of course, you're one of those nut cases who is stockpiling weapons for the upcoming "revolution" ... or worse.

 

With gizmos like this, it doesn't matter what the rate of fire is supposed to be.

 

Any gun will fire as fast as you can pull the trigger. Period. Whether the handler is capable of doing that and hitting their target is another story.

 

I didn't watch the video, as I don't need to. I know the capabilities of guns with tricked out triggers, they are as capable as the person handling them. But in the end, the handler is the one firing the gun, at whatever rate of speed they can accurately hit their target.

 

If you want to start a petition to ban that particular trigger, go ahead. Leave the gun alone though, its just a normal rifle.

Any gun will fire as fast as you can pull the trigger. Period. Whether the handler is capable of doing that and hitting their target is another story.

 

I didn't watch the video, as I don't need to. I know the capabilities of guns with tricked out triggers, they are as capable as the person handling them. But in the end, the handler is the one firing the gun, at whatever rate of speed they can accurately hit their target.

 

If you want to start a petition to ban that particular trigger, go ahead. Leave the gun alone though, its just a normal rifle.

Watch the video, then report back to the class. In the hands of a terrorist or another Sandy Hook psycho ... this is scary stuff ... how an AR-15 can be modified like this.

  • Author
Watch the video, then report back to the class. In the hands of a terrorist or another Sandy Hook psycho ... this is scary stuff ... how an AR-15 can be modified like this.

 

Just watched it. Awesome, I need one of those. Seriously, I'm just kidding, its just another tricked out trigger. Did you catch the part where the guy doing the review admitted that it was harder to fire the gun accurately when firing that fast?

 

That goes back to what I mentioned in my previous post. The weapon is only as efficient as its handler.

Sincerely just trying to fully understand your position here. I bet ours aren't too far apart from each other. With that said. So if a gun becomes illegal isn't it no longer protected under the 2nd?

 

Correct. However, it could become protected again if challenged. And challenged it would be. Also, know that if you own it before said ban, it would still be legal.

My question all along.

 

It was once legal to own slaves. At some point, that changed.

 

Your reaching. To compare gun ownership to slavery is asinine.

Your reaching. To compare gun ownership to slavery is asinine.

 

(*sigh) I'll try once again.

 

I'm asking from a Constitutional second amendment) standpoint.

Help me out here... Was owning slaves a Constitutional right...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.