Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

A question about gun control

Featured Replies

If it said that' date=' but it doesn't.[/quote']

 

Don't try to convince those who want to burn the constitution otherwise.

  • Replies 507
  • Views 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How many times have those triggers been used in school lunchroom shootings?

How many times have ash trays, propane tanks or old Buicks been used in school massacres? Why is it always the same types of weapons?

 

Or to put it another way, does it bother you that Tashfeen and Syed, formerly of San Bernardino, Calif., tried to ramp up their Smith & Wesson M&P15 to full auto?

 

After hundreds of posts on these gun threads, I have yet to read a good answer on why any citizen needs to own an M&P15 or an AR-15 when goosing these guns up to full auto apparently isn't that tough to do.

Your paranoid reasoning is based on a cockamamie scenario ... that "citizen patriots" armed with AR-15s and handguns are going to stop an anti-democratic government coup. If it gets to that point' date=' AR-15s ain't gonna stop nothing.[/quote']

 

You are the one who is afraid, uncomfortable with citizens having rifles. Funny how you call everyone else paranoid though.

How many times have ash trays' date=' propane tanks or old Buicks been used in school massacres? Why is it always the same types of weapons? Or to put it another way, does it bother you that Tashfeen and Syed, formerly of San Bernardino, Calif., tried to ramp up their Smith & Wesson M&P15 to full auto? After hundreds of posts on these gun threads, I have yet to read a good answer on why any citizen needs to own an M&P15 or an AR-15 when goosing these guns up to full auto apparently isn't that tough to do.[/quote']

 

...

image-2663965837.jpg

Your paranoid reasoning is based on a cockamamie scenario ... that "citizen patriots" armed with AR-15s and handguns are going to stop an anti-democratic government coup. If it gets to that point, AR-15s ain't gonna stop nothing.

You just proved our point, that we don't want to and shouldn't give up anything. And calling me names proves nothing. You know nothing about me, PARANOID? I don't even own a gun. But someone trained to use them safely and confidently is their American right, whether you like it or not.

You are the one who is afraid, uncomfortable with citizens having rifles. Funny how you call everyone else paranoid though.

So you agree with mamaw that a citizenry armed with AR-15s, WWII bayonets and old Rush Limbaugh tapes is going to stop a Hitler wannabe down the road? You and mamaw need to quit watching all those "Road Warrior" reruns.

So you agree with mamaw that a citizenry armed with AR-15s, WWII bayonets and old Rush Limbaugh tapes is going to stop a Hitler wannabe down the road? You and mamaw need to quit watching all those "Road Warrior" reruns.

Who said anything about bayonets and I neither watch or listen to Rush Limbaugh and have never watched a "Road Warrior" movie.. Stop insulting people just because you have a different opinion. I thought this was supposed to be a discussion. Personally I am very relieved you don't like guns, from some of your could be considered agitated posts.

So you agree with mamaw that a citizenry armed with AR-15s, WWII bayonets and old Rush Limbaugh tapes is going to stop a Hitler wannabe down the road? You and mamaw need to quit watching all those "Road Warrior" reruns.

 

I finally figured it out! You're a plant working for the NRA! I'm not an NRA member but thanks to you I soon will be! I'll be sure to mention your name so you get your commission. Keep up the good work!

You are the one who is afraid, uncomfortable with citizens having rifles. Funny how you call everyone else paranoid though.

If you're going to quote me, quote me correctly. Standard hunting rifles don't bother me. Shotguns don't bother me. (I was loading my own shotgun shells before you were probably born.) What bothers me is the semi-auto-and-easily-converted-to-auto rifles such as the AR-15, which are used in massacre after massacre. Time to get them out of civilian hands.

  • Author
If you're going to quote me, quote me correctly. Standard hunting rifles don't bother me. Shotguns don't bother me. (I was loading my own shotgun shells before you were probably born.) What bothers me is the semi-auto-and-easily-converted-to-auto rifles such as the AR-15, which are used in massacre after massacre. Time to get them out of civilian hands.

 

Since you keep repeating the same thing over and over and over again, without any real knowledge about the subject, all I can really say at this point is that I'm sorry that those things bother you. I'm afraid you'll just have to live with it. We will not see a "ban" on semi auto weapons in your lifetime.

I finally figured it out! You're a plant working for the NRA! I'm not an NRA member but thanks to you I soon will be! I'll be sure to mention your name so you get your commission. Keep up the good work!

If you do join, don't forget to ask for the 2016 "Stacked and Packed" calendar. (Wink, wink.)

I don't believe that a 1776 long rifle could be modified -- like an AR-15 can -- to wipe out a lunchroom full of kids in 45 seconds.

 

Sounds like someone got the latest democrat fear mongering talking point. You should see if CNBC is hiring.

If you're going to quote me, quote me correctly. Standard hunting rifles don't bother me. Shotguns don't bother me. (I was loading my own shotgun shells before you were probably born.) What bothers me is the semi-auto-and-easily-converted-to-auto rifles such as the AR-15, which are used in massacre after massacre. Time to get them out of civilian hands.

 

Tons of standard hunting rifles are semi autos and I simply don't believe you now or have ever owned a shotgun or firearm of any kind. I doubt you've ever even owned a bb gun.

If you're going to quote me' date=' quote me correctly. Standard hunting rifles don't bother me. Shotguns don't bother me. (I was loading my own shotgun shells before you were probably born.) What bothers me is the semi-auto-and-easily-converted-to-auto rifles such as the AR-15, which are used in massacre after massacre. Time to get them out of civilian hands.[/quote']

 

 

So you take AR's away are you ok with 10 people dying from a handgun or shotgun. The AR is just your public psychological product of choice. The agenda will progress to the next one.

 

It's an evil problem not an inanimate object problem. Focus on fixing the people, they're the ones you should be afraid, not the object they choose to cause harm with.

Edited by John Anthony

So you take AR's away are you ok with 10 people dying from a handgun or shotguns? You left wingers and your agenda will never end. The AR is just your public psychological terror product of choice.

 

It's an evil problem not an inanimate object problem. Focus on fixing the people, they're the ones you should be afraid, not the object they choose to cause harm with.

 

Let's ban all guns and go back to swords and rocks, evil will still exist.

 

Death rate would be lower with swords and rocks.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.