Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

A question about gun control

Featured Replies

No, I dont plan on it. It has been brought up by the anti gun crowd though.

 

Who says that ? I even saw TTP say he supports some weapons.

  • Replies 507
  • Views 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Who says that ? I even saw TTP say he supports some weapons.

 

Actually TTP said that he would ban all semi automatic weapons, which would be most of the guns in the country. To his credit, I doubt he knows the difference between a semi auto and a full auto. However he did say that he used to reload ammunition and his grandpa owned a gun range of something like that. So maybe he does know the difference, I dunno?

  • Author

By the way, some of the weapons he said we could keep, are also semi auto weapons. Basically what I'm trying to say is that a lot of the people arguing against certain guns, are willing to ban most, if not all of them. Why? The simple answer is because they don't know what they're talking about when discussing guns.

Actually TTP said that he would ban all semi automatic weapons, which would be most of the guns in the country. To his credit, I doubt he knows the difference between a semi auto and a full auto. However he did say that he used to reload ammunition and his grandpa owned a gun range of something like that. So maybe he does know the difference, I dunno?

Your reporting skills, shall we say, are lacking.

 

Hopefully, this thread will expire soon and let us all focus on the upcoming holiday season, a time of reflection and wonder ... snow glistening on grandma's cabin and peace in the valley.

  • Author
Your reporting skills, shall we say, are lacking.

 

So your telling me you didn't say that you would ban semi automatic's? Sorry if I have a word or two out of place, but that was essentially what I remember you saying. Numerous times.

Number of people killed at Columbine by propane bombs: zero

Number of people killed by firearms after the propane bombs failed to blow up: 13

Thanks for helping to make my case.

 

Ignored the Boston Marathon attackers.

 

Typical of your drivel.

How are you going to keep people from being crazy/evil?

 

How are you going to keep weapons out of the hands of people who are crazy/evil?

 

Maybe the answer for you is to lock yourself away because nothing will ever guarantee your safety.

Maybe the answer for you is to lock yourself away because nothing will ever guarantee your safety.

 

Hey, I'm just asking. Many act as if we can snap our fingers and change crazy/evil.

What does PC have to do with this? You can kill more people with guns. A lot more with guns you easily reload

 

PC has everything to do with it. You said "you can kill more people with guns." Specifically, you mean the evil AR15 that you want banned.

 

So you're OK with people dying from a .22LR or a sword because there might be a few less deaths, but it fits your agenda?

 

Still not interested in going after the person pulling the trigger or swinging the sword?

Ignored the Boston Marathon attackers.

 

Typical of your drivel.

(1) Number of people killed in last 10 years in massacres by firearms.

(2) Number of people killed in last 10 years in massacres by propane tank explosions and pressure cooker bombs.

 

Wanna bet which category comes out on top?

(1) Number of people killed in last 10 years in massacres by firearms.

(2) Number of people killed in last 10 years in massacres by propane tank explosions and pressure cooker bombs.

 

Wanna bet which category comes out on top?

 

You're the one that said they hadn't caused any deaths.

 

You are incorrect. Guess we need to ban pressure cookers too.

 

Of course the Boston attackers were radical Muslim jihadists.

You're the one that said they hadn't caused any deaths.

 

You are incorrect. Guess we need to ban pressure cookers too.

 

Of course the Boston attackers were radical Muslim jihadists.

You have a reading comprehension problem. This is what I said:

 

How many times have ash trays, propane tanks or old Buicks been used in school massacres? Why is it always the same types of weapons?

 

You reminded me that propane tanks were part of the equation at Columbine ... as they were in the recent PP attack at Colorado Springs. In both cases, though, they didn't go off.

 

All the deaths at both sites were caused by gunfire.

  • Author
Hey, I'm just asking. Many act as if we can snap our fingers and change crazy/evil.

 

Kinda like how people think that if there was a ban imposed on AR 15's the goverent would just snap their fingers and they would all be gone.

 

The attention you guys are giving the AR 15 is absurd and further proves that most of you know nothing about guns. It just happens to be the flavor of the week for the anti gun crowd.

Kinda like how people think that if there was a ban imposed on AR 15's the goverent would just snap their fingers and they would all be gone.

 

The attention you guys are giving the AR 15 is absurd and further proves that most of you know nothing about guns. It just happens to be the flavor of the week for the anti gun crowd.

 

Been the flavor of the decade for mass shooters.

 

Again anti gun? I'm pro gun. I'm pro concealed carry (I'd like more training). I'm not really an open carry with zero training. I don't think carrying a gun is the answer, and may even cause more problems, but I support the right.

 

All and all I feel somewhat moderate when it comes to guns. :walk:

 

BUT some of these feats of mass murder couldn't be pulled off with grandpa Joe's 20 gauge. If you can't control crazy then maybe we can lower the body count.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.