Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

A question about gun control

Featured Replies

  • Author
Well, I misspoke you shared your knowledge eventually only after you guys had a couple giggles AT non-experts. I apologize for that.

 

You guys did that to yourself lol. Anytime you go into an argument, its a good idea to be armed with knowledge about what you are arguing against. If you go into said argument unarmed, intellectually, you will likely become a victim of factual information.

 

The same analogy coult be used in other aspects of life, but I think we have already covered that.

  • Replies 507
  • Views 35.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Earlier in the thread some asked why anyone would need an ar15. I don't remember who and don't really care to look for the answer.

 

My reaponse is simple...because I'm a law abiding citizen of his country and it is my right. You want to regulate my 2nd admendment while at the same time wanting zero restrictions on the other amendments. Why do we question the intent of the 2nd but not the 1st? Or the 5th? I find it amusing that the press are some of the leaders in calling for fun control yet even whisper about toying with freedom of press and its treason.

 

Some say right to bare arms doesn't define what arms you have the right to bare. I say law abiding citizens of this country should be able to bare what ever arms are available. Why are we trying to punish citizens that have broken no law? I won't argue why anyone needs an ar15 because it accomplishes nothing. Why should anyone have to explain why? There are thousands of items we don't need but have. Should we start making a list and explaining them all.

 

 

Forgive me...I really can't help myself. But....

 

 

I don't have any problem at all if you wear shirts with cutoff sleeves. :D

You guys did that to yourself lol. Anytime you go into an argument, its a good idea to be armed with knowledge about what you are arguing against. If you go into said argument unarmed, intellectually, you will likely become a victim of factual information.

 

The same analogy coult be used in other aspects of life, but I think we have already covered that.

 

We all enter arguments without a full understanding. If you believe you know everything before you go into a discussion you are a fool.

  • Author
We all enter arguments without a full understanding. If you believe you know everything before you go into a discussion you are a fool.

 

That's my point..

For clarification, what would you like regulated?

 

I don't like semis to be honest (lever, pump, bolt or single I support) but more than anything magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. It just seems the more someone has to reload the lower the body count.

That's my point..

 

We are all guilty.

Google LA Riot videos. You will see when you need protection.

 

I don't live in LA.

Really? 'Can' be modified.

 

What mechanical device can not be modified. That is silly.

 

'purpose' is also beyond silly.

 

Josh III.

 

Who is Josh?

 

Sure, but are we selling aftermarket parts legally?

 

Why is purpose beyond silly? You guys run back to the second amendment that says well-regulated. I would think anything well regulated would ask "what will this be used for"?

  • Author
I don't like semis to be honest (lever, pump, bolt or single I support) but more than anything magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. It just seems the more someone has to reload the lower the body count.

 

While I cannot agree on semi autos, as they serve a purpose for hunters and also personal defense, I would have no problem with limiting magazines to 10 or so rounds.

 

Again there are issues with that also, howevever I would be fine with it. Typically in a defense scenario, if you cannot stop the threat within a few rounds, you probably are not going to. There are special circumstances that could be different and also there is the issue of his would you even regulate that? But for the most part I agree and would be fine with smaller magazines.

 

I've been waiting this entire time to hear someone mention smaller magazines,, as I would be ok with that. Yet up until now, all I have hears is how evil the AR 15 is.

  • Author

Delete: Double post.

  • Author
We are all guilty.

 

We are. Some more than others.

  • Author
We are all guilty.

 

We are. Some more than others.

Well, I misspoke you shared your knowledge eventually only after you guys had a couple giggles AT non-experts. I apologize for that.

I can't help it that I found it absurd that you guys couldn't remember what one was considering the dozens of times you've been told over at least the last 3 years. But then nothing really surprises me anymore, especially after some of the stuff I've seen in this thread.

I don't like semis to be honest (lever, pump, bolt or single I support) but more than anything magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. It just seems the more someone has to reload the lower the body count.

 

That's when they'll start using bombs. What do you think body counts will be then?

That's when they'll start using bombs. What do you think body counts will be then?

 

That's a terrible argument.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.