Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

A question about gun control

Featured Replies

And to be honest, limiting magazine sizes would not help as much as most would believe.

 

Agreed!

  • Replies 507
  • Views 35.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you ask me?

 

I must have missed it.

 

I asked in general, you responded to it vaguely by asking questions of another poster about it, I responded to you but you never said anything more.

Magazines would be a start. Body count would be lower at the very least!

 

I'm pretty sure you are talking about a morality movement like other posters and I still don't understand how you will get to happen.

 

Magazine limitations really wouldn't stop anything, as has been said many times in the past it's too easy to alter magazines or basically piggyback them off of one another and one could quickly change magazines. I really don't see body count lowering by round limitation in magazines.

If one has a mag with 30 rounds and empties it as fast as they can, that can be around 7 seconds. Limit me to 5 round mags? I can get the same about of rounds off in roughly 16 seconds. Limiting the rounds for mags, as said, won't help too much if they know somewhat what they are doing.

I asked in general, you responded to it vaguely by asking questions of another poster about it, I responded to you but you never said anything more.

 

I still don't know what you asked.

  • Author
Magazines would be a start. Body count would be lower at the very least!

 

I'm pretty sure you are talking about a morality movement like other posters and I still don't understand how you will get to happen.

 

I'm not sure that smaller magazines would make much of a difference at all, to be honest. But sure, I would give it a chance.

 

The thing is @Twotoplace said 154 rounds were fired in the San Bernardino shooting. At least two weapons were used, so that works out to around 15-16 rounds per minute, per rifle. I could fire a pump action shotgun at that rate.

I asked in general, you responded to it vaguely by asking questions of another poster about it, I responded to you but you never said anything more.

You probably argue with your dog when you're done here for the evening.

I still don't know what you asked.

 

Look back in the thread where I askef which one should be banned between the Mini 14 and the AR 15.

You probably argue with your dog when you're done here for the evening.

 

Nope, I can actually have a much more intelligent conversation with my dog then I can you.

If one has a mag with 30 rounds and empties it as fast as they can, that can be around 7 seconds. Limit me to 5 round mags? I can get the same about of rounds off in roughly 16 seconds. Limiting the rounds for mags, as said, won't help too much if they know somewhat what they are doing.

 

Every few seconds people would have time to attack, hide, or run without open fire.

  • Author
If one has a mag with 30 rounds and empties it as fast as they can, that can be around 7 seconds. Limit me to 5 round mags? I can get the same about of rounds off in roughly 16 seconds. Limiting the rounds for mags, as said, won't help too much if they know somewhat what they are doing.

 

Let's not forget if there are multiple shooters and they stagger their rounds.

 

I'll use the Paris attacks at the Batlican for example, due to the fact there wereultiple shooters. So say one shooter enters and fires a few rounds right away, second shooter begins firing and after a few rounds, the third shooter starts firing. Remember, they are firing on defensless people.

 

So with no opposition, what happenes? Once the first shooter empties his clip, #2 and #3 are still firing. Then #2 empties his clip, #1 has reloaded so him and #3 are firing. Once #3 empties his clip, #1 and #2 are still firing. Then it comes down to rinse and repeat.

If one has a mag with 30 rounds and empties it as fast as they can, that can be around 7 seconds. Limit me to 5 round mags? I can get the same about of rounds off in roughly 16 seconds. Limiting the rounds for mags, as said, won't help too much if they know somewhat what they are doing.

 

RTS can still do better than I, I would think :)

Look back in the thread where I askef which one should be banned between the Mini 14 and the AR 15.

 

Yep and I asked some qualifying questions you didn't answer. I answered JD that I don't like either weapons since they both are semis. Fact is they are extremely dangerous weapons to put in the hands of just anybody. They fire too fast and are too easily modified for no sporting purpose.

 

Seriously if you shooting a deer with that you need to stay on the couch.

  • Author
Every few seconds people would have time to attack, hide, or run without open fire.

 

Unless there are multiple shooters?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.