Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

A question about gun control

Featured Replies

Why do hunters want or need semiautomatic weapons? An honest question.

  • Replies 507
  • Views 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
You and several others need to work on ending your posts with periods, not question marks. Socratic Q and A's may work at Harvard, but they don't fly here.

 

In other words, if you quit asking so many questions, you won't get so frustrated.

 

I ended my post with three periods. By the way I'm not frustrated at all. I just find it funny that you call an ordinary rifle an assault weapon, yet you can't define assault weapon. You also mentioned banning all semi automatic weapons in one post, then in another post claim that means we would still get to keep our hunting rifles and shotguns.

 

Just admit it, you don't like guns and don't respect our second amendment. It's ok, i don't care, as I seriously doubt you have a career in politics in your future.

You answer no questions.

 

It's OK to admit you are clueless as to what an assault weapon is. Admitting the problem exists is the first step in curing it.

I'm not going to subject myself to death by a thousand questions. For the 20th time, I believe AR-15s and similar assault rifles should be illegal for citizen patriots to own. The good guys need to bite the bullet on this one so we can attempt to reduce the carnage and incidence of mass murders. I trust that explanation is clear enough for your highly technical brain.

I'm not going to subject myself to death by a thousand questions. For the 20th time, I believe AR-15s and similar assault rifles should be illegal for citizen patriots to own. The good guys need to bite the bullet on this one so we can attempt to reduce the carnage and incidence of mass murders. I trust that explanation is clear enough for your highly technical brain.

 

For starters, you know not of what you speak. An AR-15 is not an assault rifle. Hopefully that is clear enough for your brain to understand.

For starters, you know not of what you speak. An AR-15 is not an assault rifle. Hopefully that is clear enough for your brain to understand.

Of course it is ... which is why the New York Times called the AR-15 an assault rifle in a fairly recent sorry involving gun sales at Walmart.

 

*******************

"A generation ago, the American gun industry came up with a devilish new campaign to bolster declining sales — militarizing the civilian firearms market with lightly adapted versions of potent battlefield weapons like the M-16 rifle. Renamed the AR-15, this semiautomatic assault rifle has come to haunt society in the hands of criminals and the deranged, who regularly kill innocent people in high-powered mass shootings."

I'm not going to subject myself to death by a thousand questions. For the 20th time' date=' I believe AR-15s and similar assault rifles should be illegal for citizen patriots to own. The good guys need to bite the bullet on this one so we can attempt to reduce the carnage and incidence of mass murders. I trust that explanation is clear enough for your highly technical brain.[/quote']

 

If only your highly technical brain could focus on killing terrorist instead of taking our guns.

  • Author
Of course it is ... which is why the New York Times called the AR-15 an assault rifle in a fairly recent sorry involving gun sales at Walmart.

 

*******************

"A generation ago, the American gun industry came up with a devilish new campaign to bolster declining sales — militarizing the civilian firearms market with lightly adapted versions of potent battlefield weapons like the M-16 rifle. Renamed the AR-15, this semiautomatic assault rifle has come to haunt society in the hands of criminals and the deranged, who regularly kill innocent people in high-powered mass shootings."

 

So because the media says it, its true? You really are gullable aren't you?

 

If someone wants to call an m16 an assault rifle, by all means I would agree with them. However there is one major difference between an m16 and an AR 15 or any other semi auto rifle. I'll let you do some research and figure out the difference on your own.

So because the media says it, its true? You really are gullable aren't you?

 

If someone wants to call an m16 an assault rifle, by all means I would agree with them. However there is one major difference between an m16 and an AR 15 or any other semi auto rifle. I'll let you do some research and figure out the difference on your own.

Blame the media. (Insert laughter here.)

 

The real culprits for much of this mass hysteria are the gun manufacturers. Yet few people talk about 'em.

Of course it is ... which is why the New York Times called the AR-15 an assault rifle in a fairly recent sorry involving gun sales at Walmart.

 

*******************

"A generation ago, the American gun industry came up with a devilish new campaign to bolster declining sales — militarizing the civilian firearms market with lightly adapted versions of potent battlefield weapons like the M-16 rifle. Renamed the AR-15, this semiautomatic assault rifle has come to haunt society in the hands of criminals and the deranged, who regularly kill innocent people in high-powered mass shootings."

 

You have had a hundred chances to do some research. If you were doing research on journalism, the NYT would be a reasonable place to start. To do research on guns, you would go to a gun site.

 

Your willful ignorance is mind boggling.

 

Why don't you just finally admit you would prefer ALL guns banned. Just own it.

  • Author
Blame the media. (Insert laughter here.)

 

The real culprits for much of this mass hysteria are the gun manufacturers. Yet few people talk about 'em.

 

I don't blame the media at all. However in a lot of instances the media has no idea what they are talking about or what they are reporting on. In such cases, their viewers and readers need to be educated enough to know the difference. Clearly you are not on this topic.

 

Did you figure out the difference between the AR 15 and an M16 yet? I'll give you a hint, it wasn't "lightly" adapted for civilian use as the article you quoted claims.

  • Author
Why do hunters want or need semiautomatic weapons? An honest question.

 

Ever been bird hunting?

You have had a hundred chances to do some research. If you were doing research on journalism, the NYT would be a reasonable place to start. To do research on guns, you would go to a gun site.

 

Your willful ignorance is mind boggling.

 

Why don't you just finally admit you would prefer ALL guns banned. Just own it.

You're working yourself into a dither today, Cappy. I'm just calling for the elimination of assault rifles from the civilian domain. Not a difficult position to comprehend.

Ever been bird hunting?

 

Never been hunting, period. Doesn't float my boat. I'd rather spend my time and money on other pursuits.:thumb:

You're working yourself into a dither today, Cappy. I'm just calling for the elimination of assault rifles from the civilian domain. Not a difficult position to comprehend.

 

Not in a dither here.

 

As you have been told ad nauseum, assault rifles are already banned for Joe Citizen.

 

I'm incorrect in one thing, you passed ignorance many moons ago. You don't care to know correct answers. You are just a parrot spewing the Left's :poop:.

  • Author
You're working yourself into a dither today, Cappy. I'm just calling for the elimination of assault rifles from the civilian domain. Not a difficult position to comprehend.

 

It is difficult to comprehend when you can't even explain what an assault rifle is.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.