Trump "ban all Muslims from entering the U.S."

I'll be honest with you, I think it may depend on where you live, what the perception is. In MY world, the percentages are much less in favor of Mr. Trump. In my world, this proposal is absolutely counter to the American ideal.

My friend lives in Louisville. As do a bunch of my friends. They are all Trump people.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guns allegedly came from Lexington.

Maybe the wife came from BGP.

Just kidding.

No the guns didn't come from Lexington.

Bud's Gun Shop released a statement saying they sold an item to Farook but it wasn't a gun. If he had purchased a gun it would have to go to a FFL dealer in California for Farook to go get it from and register that he had purchased it. The weapon could not have been shipped to CA due to CA law.

This is the type of ideology that ISIS wants all of us to have. This is how they recruit. They recruit by showing statements like this and how Americas has declared war on Islam. This is why we are losing to people like them. To beat them we have to invoke the help of the Muslim people. We have to show them that we are accepting of them and that they are welcome to practice in the United States without fear of any persecution. The Muslims are tired of ISIS too. Terror groups like Al-Queda and ISIS have made this extremist view of Islam not the religion itself. It's like people who look at Christianity in this country as the WBC. It doesn't make any sense. These people are being terrorized by ISIS just like we are. They are scared of ISIS and they are horrified at the acts they are committing, but they are scared of America too because of comments like this. How do we not see that the only way to defeat ISIS and Al-Queda and any other terror group is to make their recruiting tactics obsolete. For every comment made like this, another Muslim converts to extremism.

While I agree with you, the majority of Muslims throughout the world are not stepping up to be counted an rise against ISIS.

There could be a few schools of thought on why they aren't. One, they fear them. Two, they just don't care. Three, they secretly agree with them. My guess, it is all three.

For the record, I do not agree with Trump on this issue.

This is the type of ideology that ISIS wants all of us to have. This is how they recruit. They recruit by showing statements like this and how Americas has declared war on Islam. This is why we are losing to people like them. To beat them we have to invoke the help of the Muslim people. We have to show them that we are accepting of them and that they are welcome to practice in the United States without fear of any persecution. The Muslims are tired of ISIS too. Terror groups like Al-Queda and ISIS have made this extremist view of Islam not the religion itself. It's like people who look at Christianity in this country as the WBC. It doesn't make any sense. These people are being terrorized by ISIS just like we are. They are scared of ISIS and they are horrified at the acts they are committing, but they are scared of America too because of comments like this. How do we not see that the only way to defeat ISIS and Al-Queda and any other terror group is to make their recruiting tactics obsolete. For every comment made like this, another Muslim converts to extremism.

Could you explain how you would make their recruiting tactics obsolete?

I'm getting close to the point that I want Trump to win.

America deserves exactly what it will get if Trump is President.

Just sad that an egomaniac psycho is a front-runner for the office of the President.

While I don't think Obama is psycho (Trump either) he is an egomaniac. A Trump presidency may not look a lot different than Obama's in that regard.

Here's the thing we just let one in who killed 14 Americans. Maybe at 1,400 or 14,000 we will tighten up the rules for entry.

I'm sure we've let a Mexican in who has killed.

I'm sure we've let an Italian in who has killed.

I'm sure....

Are we just simply going to stop taking immigrants/visitors?

Again, what is the plan here? His stance can't be temporary? Is he planning on permanently banning Muslims?

I'm sure we've let a Mexican in who has killed.

I'm sure we've let an Italian in who has killed.

I'm sure....

Are we just simply going to stop taking immigrants/visitors?

Again, what is the plan here? His stance can't be temporary? Is he planning on permanently banning Muslims?

Let's not overthink this. Everyone knows it is illegal and unconstitutional what he proposed, this is nothing more than rabble-rousing. He is brilliant at doing it, as dangerous as it may be.

No the guns didn't come from Lexington.

Bud's Gun Shop released a statement saying they sold an item to Farook but it wasn't a gun. If he had purchased a gun it would have to go to a FFL dealer in California for Farook to go get it from and register that he had purchased it. The weapon could not have been shipped to CA due to CA law.

Any idea what this item might be?

While I agree with you, the majority of Muslims throughout the world are not stepping up to be counted an rise against ISIS.

There could be a few schools of thought on why they aren't. One, they fear them. Two, they just don't care. Three, they secretly agree with them. My guess, it is all three.

For the record, I do not agree with Trump on this issue.

You're absolutely right. That's the problem. Muslims around the world need to step up and take action along with us in order to put out ISIS. They must examine what is it about their religion that is causing this extremist behavior to be promoted. But we must show them they shouldn't be scared of America. They are stuck in between a rock and hard place because they are scared of ISIS, but they are scared of America because I'm sure how America is portrayed to them is only how Mr Trump feels. We have to show them that we in fact are tolerant of them and that we want to help them. As for point #3 by making comments like Trump did more and more Muslims start to agree with ISIS. That's the issue here. We have to shut down ISIS from the bottom up, not the top down. We can try and attack their major leaders, but until we show the world that we are doing this to protect the Muslim people not persecute them, we will lose.

Could you explain how you would make their recruiting tactics obsolete?

Because they recruit by saying America has declared war on Islam and they show comments like this as proof. If we show that America in fact is tolerant of Islam and we are actively trying to save these people from the the persecution they are facing from ISIS, then they have no ground to recruit on.