Trump "ban all Muslims from entering the U.S."

Just like the challenge we now have when it comes to "war" i.e. who exactly is the enemy it's completely different now when it comes to banning a group of people. It was easy when it was a country. It's not any longer.

This debate though did teach me something I was not familiar with. I was not familiar with the "plenary power."

Yeah I still don't know what plenary power is. Do I need to? Probably TMI for my brain.

I've just been reading up on France shutting down mosques and raiding the homes of mosque leaders. From the WSJ article I just finished indicated they've detained/arrested a couple hundred people, some of which are confined to their homes. They've recovered 334 weapons so far. Probably more since the story was posted.

Have any of you seen the movie "Traitor"? It has Don Cheadle in the lead role and he's great as usual. The primary story line is he's a muslim that infiltrates a radical muslim group to keep them from blowing up a bunch of buses killing dozens or hundreds of Americans 'in the heartland'.

We will likely continue to see attacks by individuals and small groups here even though the FBI is working hard to prevent it. I don't think it would be that hard for a few nuts to blow up some malls or movie theaters, or even buses. There's not a lot of security any of those places.

If something big happens here like it did in France, would we do the same as France? Would we start shutting down mosques if any were implicated? Confining persons of interest to their homes? Etc.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah I still don't know what plenary power is. Do I need to? Probably TMI for my brain.

I've just been reading up on France shutting down mosques and raiding the homes of mosque leaders. From the WSJ article I just finished indicated they've detained/arrested a couple hundred people, some of which are confined to their homes. They've recovered 334 weapons so far. Probably more since the story was posted.

Have any of you seen the movie "Traitor"? It has Don Cheadle in the lead role and he's great as usual. The primary story line is he's a muslim that infiltrates a radical muslim group to keep them from blowing up a bunch of buses killing dozens or hundreds of Americans 'in the heartland'.

We will likely continue to see attacks by individuals and small groups here even though the FBI is working hard to prevent it. I don't think it would be that hard for a few nuts to blow up some malls or movie theaters, or even buses. There's not a lot of security any of those places.

If something big happens here like it did in France, would we do the same as France? Would we start shutting down mosques if any were implicated? Confining persons of interest to their homes? Etc.

You can't do that in America because we are an actual free country . We have a constitution that grants us freedom of religion. The same reason why the citizens are allowed to owns guns.

As a libertarian it's funny to see the far right and the left switch spots issue to issue. The constitution is the constitution. I have a right to own a gun and carry it on my person regardless if the left doesn't like it. We also can't go restricting a religion or raiding mosque without warrants to do so.

We are a free country, and freedom comes at a price.

Let's send the following Muslims away.

Akon

Busta Rhymes

Casey Kasem

Ice Cube

Mos Def

Dr. Oz

Snoop Dogg

Iman

Fazlur Khan

Muhammad Ali

Bernard Hopkins