Should The Colonel Crazies' Treatment Of Inbounders Have To Change?

Is the Colonel Crazies' Inbounding Routine Okay?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Colonel Crazies' Inbounding Routine Okay?

• It's fine just as it is.
    • It would be okay if the students remained completely in the stands.
    • Needs to go all together.
    • Who cares?

If I were a Crazy and were reading this thread I'd be coming up with a new routine to break out for the side throw-in just to show people that my fellow Crazies knew they were being talked about.

I'd have "Welcome, thrower" signs. I'd have a tray with tea cups to offer the thrower. I'd have someone playing a violin. I'd have all of my Crazies sitting with their legs crossed and their hands folded on their knees.

I'd go totaly SNARKY and then come back even louder.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I may come across as against the antics. In fact, I'm not. Like everyone, I find it very entertaining. I was looking for clarification on what happens if an inbounder is contacted in the act of throwing the ball. I just don't want to see them impede the action (back up a bit).

My point was, most view the crazies as an advantage. I don't disagree. But if I'm an opposing player and I can EASILY gain an advantage in return (unsporting technical foul on interference), you're damn right I would!!

I may come across as against the antics. In fact, I'm not. Like everyone, I find it very entertaining. I was looking for clarification on what happens if an inbounder is contacted in the act of throwing the ball. I just don't want to see them impede the action (back up a bit).

My point was, most view the crazies as an advantage. I don't disagree. But if I'm an opposing player and I can EASILY gain an advantage in return (unsporting technical foul on interference), you're damn right I would!!

These things happen in the moment and I highly doubt there are many high school throwers that are thinking about anything other than executing what their coach expects them to on a thrown in....let alone find a way to back up into a a crowd to attempt to draw a technical.

If you're focused on how to get an advantage on the student section, you've already lost.

If I were a Crazy and were reading this thread I'd be coming up with a new routine to break out for the side throw-in just to show people that my fellow Crazies knew they were being talked about.

I'd have "Welcome, thrower" signs. I'd have a tray with tea cups to offer the thrower. I'd have someone playing a violin. I'd have all of my Crazies sitting with their legs crossed and their hands folded on their knees.

This sounds very childish coming from an adult.

Great example, but the difference is the Duke kids are in the bleachers and NOT at court level or actually on the court with their heckling.

Actually they are though. There are pictures out there where their hands are right next to the inbounding player's face.

I only posted the pictures because ggclfan said it doesn't happen in college and it does. Duke does it. Duke is the original Crazies.

Actually they are though. There are pictures out there where their hands are right next to the inbounding player's face.

I only posted the pictures because ggclfan said it doesn't happen in college and it does. Duke does it. Duke is the original Crazies.

I have yet to see a Duke game where the fans are actually on the court (since they started this heckling gig), next to the inbounding player, and I've been watching ACC basketball for many years. If they are at court level, they are separated

by the table partition which gives a little distance. I'd have to see that picture you're talking about to believe that.

covcath blackface.jpg

The kids used to stay in the stands pretty much (circa 2013), seems like they have migrated on to the floor.

Edited by Cincy

I second this motion.