Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Goodell says expansion of regular season is “on the table”

Featured Replies

  • Author

Two preseason games, 17 regular season games, two byes, and plenty of extra games for alternate locations.

We are halfway through the regular season and we already know who the playoff teams are. Expand the regular season and you will just have more meaningless games. Of coarse, they will not be meaningless to Las Vegas or the Fantasy Football crowd, The NFL product decreases in quality every year, largely because of injury toll.

I'd prefer not to watch the Vikings any more than I already do.

Against it. Too many injuries now. Adding more games will only exacerbate that problem.

 

Plus, I don't want to watch NFL in August.

Don't change. Maybe take away one preseason game but keep the regular season schedule at 16 games.

Of course they will. The product is not all that great. They should try to make the game better but that point make money.

Against it. Too many injuries now. Adding more games will only exacerbate that problem.

 

Plus, I don't want to watch NFL in August.

This
Against it. Too many injuries now. Adding more games will only exacerbate that problem.

 

Plus, I don't want to watch NFL in August.

 

Agreed

Against it. Too many injuries now. Adding more games will only exacerbate that problem.

 

Plus, I don't want to watch NFL in August.

 

Or a Super Bowl when the NCAA BB conference tournaments are going on...

I know this sounds ridiculous and absurd, but what if they did 82 games? Just out of curiosity, what would happen? Somebody would have to die within those 2624 games. But seriously, 17 games would be unessecary. Like what Clyde said, the final games would be meaningless. Plus the injury issue.

  • Author

I don't think August is the issue, I think they will expand the season one more week.

 

I am for it, you get rid of two preseason games and add one regular season game and another bye week.

I don't think August is the issue, I think they will expand the season one more week.

 

I am for it, you get rid of two preseason games and add one regular season game and another bye week.

 

If that is all they are talking about doing then I would be OK with it. 2nd bye week would be nice for players.

 

One negative right off I think with extra byes we could see a few random Tuesday night games in the future...After all TV will pay out the nose for Prime Time Football in Oct and Nov.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.