Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Goodell says expansion of regular season is “on the table”

Featured Replies

  • Author

I do agree with everyone we are near or at a saturation level for NFL football. I would be against games any more days of the week.

I do agree with everyone we are near or at a saturation level for NFL football. I would be against games any more days of the week.

 

There are way too many injuries as it is.

 

If they add a game I'd hope they will allow rosters to grow as well.

 

Or at least do way with the 6 inactive players every week that's required.

  • Author
There are way too many injuries as it is.

 

If they add a game I'd hope they will allow rosters to grow as well.

 

Or at least do way with the 6 inactive players every week that's required.

 

By adding an extra bye week and cutting two preseason games out I don't feel it is too much. I definitely agree that all the inactives stink. I wish rosters would expand by few slots and game day actives would do the same.

 

I would love to see three active QBs every week, a backup punter/kicker that could do both jobs and maybe some other additions.

 

Of course, maybe I should be careful what I wish for because a part of the Bengals success is a versatile game day roster. For example, a player like Rex Burkhead is worth his weight in gold when you consider he can capably back up two positions in addition to being a nice special teams player.

If we're looking at putting a better product out there on the field, here's what I'd toss into the ring.

 

1. Definitely add a second bye week. If you say you're a league that's concerned about the health of your players...give them an extra week to recoup during the season. It's silly that someone could have a bye in week #4, and potentially have to go non-stop for the next 16 or so weeks thru the playoffs without a break.

 

2. This one you might be trouble if we were talking about any other network, but if you're going to have a game on Thursday night...then both teams are coming off a bye the week before. This is two-fold win. The players have longer to recoup (see above about health issues) AND you'd have a much better chance for a competitive ballgame.

 

3. Go ahead and expand the rosters. Doesn't have to be much, maybe 4 or 5 spots, or heck just round it to an even 60. Get some regulars off of special teams, and increase the depth at just about every position. I don't ever want to hear about a team "winning the war of attrition"...I want them to win it with plays.

 

Just my two cents.

  • Author
If we're looking at putting a better product out there on the field, here's what I'd toss into the ring.

 

1. Definitely add a second bye week. If you say you're a league that's concerned about the health of your players...give them an extra week to recoup during the season. It's silly that someone could have a bye in week #4, and potentially have to go non-stop for the next 16 or so weeks thru the playoffs without a break.

 

2. This one you might be trouble if we were talking about any other network, but if you're going to have a game on Thursday night...then both teams are coming off a bye the week before. This is two-fold win. The players have longer to recoup (see above about health issues) AND you'd have a much better chance for a competitive ballgame.

 

3. Go ahead and expand the rosters. Doesn't have to be much, maybe 4 or 5 spots, or heck just round it to an even 60. Get some regulars off of special teams, and increase the depth at just about every position. I don't ever want to hear about a team "winning the war of attrition"...I want them to win it with plays.

 

Just my two cents.

 

I think that all sounds great and you and I are on the same page. :thumb:

I think that all sounds great and you and I are on the same page. :thumb:

 

Yeah, you just type faster! :lol2:

  • Author
Yeah, you just type faster! :lol2:

 

I am 100 words per minute if you don't count mistakes, but if you do I am about 30 per...

I am 100 words per minute if you don't count mistakes, but if you do I am about 30 per...

 

I started typing my post after yours at #16. By the time I was done, you and HB20 had pretty much already said the same thing. (In fairness, I did take a phone call during that time, but didn't think it took that much time.)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.