Highlands 44 Covington Catholic 22

Randy Parker

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Big shout out to my guy Cam Pitzer. Played both ways. Great catch at midfield and a leaping cach in the end zone. Big run from the backfield. All over the field on D.

Went out as a baller.

Kid battled through a lot of stuff this year. Could not be more proud of him.

Turnovers killed CCH. Down 6 driving. Penalty calls back a long run by Casey McGinnis and then they fumble. Momentum lost.

How many did CCH lose? 3? All in the HHS end?

Kudos to the Birds.

I think 3 is right on the TO's but the first one was in their own end when HHS was up 10-0. HHS could not do anything and settled for a FG. I don't think HHS had any. You lose the TO battle 3-0, you lose 90+% of the time...

I want to give some props to Hergott. That kid has taken a lot of heat this year and I thought he played very well tonight. I cannot remember a really bad pass. He should have had another long one at the end of the first half that Miller dropped on about the 5 yard line - the throw was great. Also, Daugherty was just a weapon in the kicking game. Every kickoff (and they kicked off ALOT) went to the end zone except one that went right to the goal line. Three FG's (the 44 yarder would have been good from 54) My buddy does the stats for HHS. He told me Kendall had 222 yards rushing - the vast majority had to be in the second half.

Daugherty unofficially:

3 field goals

5 tackles for loss (after 3 qtrs)

1 fumble recovery

Missed no extra points.

I'd also like to add that he was laying some big wood tonight.

Great effort by the whole Highlands team.

Keep working hard, I'm really proud of this team.

Congrats to all the players this was a BIG TEAM effort

I think if Highlands played Ryle,and Cooper right now there might be different results.

The CCH Seniors have nothing to be ashamed about- they battled, and fought until the end....Senior Starting QB decided not to play this season, and Senior RB was injured in 1st game and missed whole season which created youth. A lot of crazy talent in that backfield coming back for the Colonels the next few years, and with Eddie getting a full year in the offseason, I want to see what he can do.

I don't know if anyone else thinks this, but does it seem like CCH out thinks themselves too often?

To that point of out thinking themselves, what was the strategy of showing up 20 minutes before kickoff on Cov. Caths. part?

Literally the busses pulled up in front of the school 20 minutes before kickoff.

I will echo the words of Stinky here. Austin Hergott drove the bus tonight like it was HIS team. Job well done. Running game was solid with Kendall leading the way again. Kudos to the big uglies, Richardson, Hebel, Raleigh, Dunn, Haas and Finfrock. Saw a lot of pancakes and I did not go to IHOP tonight.

The defense, what can I say. They brought attitude, enthusiasm, grit and heart to the field tonight and have grown tremendously since the bye week.

Proud of the kids and coaches for digging down deep at the bye week and getting the ship righted. It is not over yet however and the attitude still has to be the next game on the schedule.

Job well done by all.