Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Debate

Featured Replies

Mr Trump said send them back, right? The others said it's not realistic.

 

Yes, he said send them back, but I didn't hear what the others said in response. I caught that on the post-debate analysis.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Rubio wins the nomination he will have a very difficult time getting the Hispanic vote. Most Hispanics dislike him, and Cuban Hispanics are basically by themselves in the Hispanic world. Mexicans, Central And South Americans will be very hard to convince to vote for a Cuban American, especially Rubio.

Mr Trump said send them back, right?

 

He mentioned Eisenhower's plan. But he failed to mention the name of that plan which was called "Operation Wetback".

Paul had the best comment last night after Trump went in on about the trade agreement, kept bringing up China. Paul reminded everyone that China is not included in the trade deal that Trump was complaining about.

Paul had the best comment last night after Trump went in on about the trade agreement, kept bringing up China. Paul reminded everyone that China is not included in the trade deal that Trump was complaining about.

 

That was the clip that everyone kept posting on Facebook today.

Paul had his best debate, but I'm not sure it will matter. He got buried by Rubio and Cruz on military spending, though. Frankly, I think Paul has an effective point (you can't claim you're going to curb spending and balance the budget while simultaneously throwing money at the DoD), but he could make a stronger case for it in a way that doesn't sound like he'd weaken the military.

 

I thought Trump and Carson both disappeared in a debate that got a little more into specifics. But, I can't handicap those two. They've shot up in the polls after what I would consider poor debates and bizarre rhetoric.

 

Cruz is supremely unlikable, but he's going to be a potent challenger to whoever ends up being the "establishment" candidate. I could see him waging a primary-long Quixotic war against the party, one he can't win but will make himself a major nuisance and distraction to the party. And that seems to be his M.O. anyway.

 

I didn't think Rubio had a great performance, even though I've seen a lot of people react favorably toward him. It's not that he did anything "bad," but he tends to turn his answers into canned speeches (he's undoubtedly a good speaker). But, as I said, in a debate that got into specifics a little more this was more obvious. I think Rubio has all of the "tools" to be a formidable presidential candidate against Clinton, but I think he's lighter on substance than people are willing to acknowledge.

 

Jeb! didn't do anything to help himself.

 

Kasich was annoying. Fiorina has lost her luster.

Paul had his best debate, but I'm not sure it will matter. He got buried by Rubio and Cruz on military spending, though. Frankly, I think Paul has an effective point (you can't claim you're going to curb spending and balance the budget while simultaneously throwing money at the DoD), but he could make a stronger case for it in a way that doesn't sound like he'd weaken the military.

 

I thought Trump and Carson both disappeared in a debate that got a little more into specifics. But, I can't handicap those two. They've shot up in the polls after what I would consider poor debates and bizarre rhetoric.

 

Cruz is supremely unlikable, but he's going to be a potent challenger to whoever ends up being the "establishment" candidate. I could see him waging a primary-long Quixotic war against the party, one he can't win but will make himself a major nuisance and distraction to the party. And that seems to be his M.O. anyway.

 

I didn't think Rubio had a great performance, even though I've seen a lot of people react favorably toward him. It's not that he did anything "bad," but he tends to turn his answers into canned speeches (he's undoubtedly a good speaker). But, as I said, in a debate that got into specifics a little more this was more obvious. I think Rubio has all of the "tools" to be a formidable presidential candidate against Clinton, but I think he's lighter on substance than people are willing to acknowledge.

 

Jeb! didn't do anything to help himself.

 

Kasich was annoying. Fiorina has lost her luster.

Jeb was just being himself.

Kasich was annoying.

 

Completely agree with this. I started out liking him some and I find myself liking him less and less with every debate.

Completely agree with this. I started out liking him some and I find myself liking him less and less with every debate.

I think he is extremely intelligent. I think he has gotten so frustrated with the process and not getting as much talk time as the other candidates that he has just started calling BS on everyone who says a blanket statement with no specifics. I think he thinks half the other candidates are stupid and he just can't take it anymore :lol2:

I would have to think the ratings for each successive debate spiral downward.

If Rubio wins the nomination he will have a very difficult time getting the Hispanic vote. Most Hispanics dislike him, and Cuban Hispanics are basically by themselves in the Hispanic world. Mexicans, Central And South Americans will be very hard to convince to vote for a Cuban American, especially Rubio.

This is the most astute observation on this thread. Another factor will be how Rubio would come to terms with the GOP platform on immigration, which is going to be far right of his position.

Habib's comments above are spot on except the last point on Fiorina. I thought she acquitted herself well in the debate.

 

To Clyde's question above, it was Kasich who called out Trump on his crazy plan to ship 11 million people across the border. Then Bush coat tailed Kasich's comments later in the debate. I thought Kasich did very well the first half of the debate. Then he got overlooked by the moderators late in the debate and started horning in to get air time. That is when he became annoying. Then on top of annoyingly butting in, he got slammed by Cruz and the audience for comments he made about the banking bailout. A very good start and a terrible finish for Kasich.

 

If the Republicans don't nominate Rubio they are idiots. He is the winner. Any other nominee will have trouble beating Clinton IMO.

This is the most astute observation on this thread. Another factor will be how Rubio would come to terms with the GOP platform on immigration, which is going to be far right of his position.

 

And if the little man doesn't "evolve" on his extremist views on abortion he will be lucky to be competitive next Nov.( assuming the unlikely scenario he gains the nomination and then agrees to show up for it).

He's also very smart. My 17 y.o. says Rubio is the most intelligent one on the stage.

 

Typical of young people these days. They see the smart ones as those who do as little work as possible to get by. Don't show up for work more than half the time and you must be one smart cookie. Sounds a lot like some of my college algebra students. :) Make sure you get his attention. Tell him the really smart guys are the ones who show up for work everyday.

U

Typical of young people these days. They see the smart ones as those who do as little work as possible to get by. Don't show up for work more than half the time and you must be one smart cookie. Sounds a lot like some of my college algebra students. :) Make sure you get his attention. Tell him the really smart guys are the ones who show up for work everyday.

 

He works a job, goes to school, is very responsible. I don't worry about him.

 

Rubio is smart, way smarter and more capable than ANYONE the Left has to offer.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.