Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boots on the ground on Syria

Featured Replies

Well some would look at it as being a bad decision and a tragedy would just solidify their opinion on that matter.

 

As for your last sentence, Politicians make decisions everyday based on what will keep them in power and not necessarily what's best for the country. Why shouldn't they be judged the same way?

 

 

I do.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for it being a bad decision -

 

It might be, we have no idea how this will play out.

 

It was a bad decision to invade Iraq now that we know everything, it was a bad decision to pull out of anywhere once we invaded, and it was a bad decision to support any "Arab Spring" situations.

  • Author

I just hope we know who we are supporting.

Same ole story. We had no interest until Putin and Russia got involved. Russia could invade Antarctica, and we would be right behind. Same foreign policy for 50 years.

 

I hope it's worth it, but IMO thinking the closer we are together it's a when issue not an if.

Same ole story. We had no interest until Putin and Russia got involved. Russia could invade Antarctica, and we would be right behind. Same foreign policy for 50 years.

 

I hope it's worth it, but IMO thinking the closer we are together it's a when issue not an if.

 

Well, we are in a proxy war with Russia now. They came in to save Assad and are bombing anyone against him. In a desert that is not hard to do.

 

We are backing anti-Assad forces, many, if not most, or all, are mercenaries from outside Syria, We brought them in. The leader of Turkey is a backer of the Obama team and has wanted Assad gone for a long time and the US was trying to do the 'rebel thing' like in Libya.

 

So now you have Russia - invited in by the leader of the country. Fighting forces we brought in to dislodge the leader of sovereign country who we have no official beef with.

 

But we are fighting ISIS, or ISIL or terrorists, or someone bad supposedly. But under what rule of international law are we supposedly operating?

Same ole story. We had no interest until Putin and Russia got involved. Russia could invade Antarctica, and we would be right behind. Same foreign policy for 50 years.

 

I hope it's worth it, but IMO thinking the closer we are together it's a when issue not an if.

 

Hellcats, we don't agree on much politically but I laughed out loud on that one...good stuff...

I am an Obama supporter and do not support this. I have never felt we make much of a difference or even know who is who over there.

 

War is rarely the answer IMO. Unless they attack us stay away from that insaneness.

I hate this...and I really don't know what to do with Syria, but I do know that Special Forces have been literally begging to get into Syria ever since ISIS got involved there.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue

This is absolutely the last thing I want.

Looks like a few of us that are left of center like this no more than we did under GWB's watch. No surprise here.

The pointed spears were a lot sharper and far longer back in the day .

Even though I have said for a long time that we need to be in Syria, you all do realize that this announcement only concerns fighting ISIS with special forces and has nothing to do the Syrian war? The reality is even with air power and drones, you still need boots on the ground.

 

BTW, we have had boots unofficially on the ground for some time now, as well as in Ukraine, and we still have them in Iraq.

Take Russia out of the picture and I don't want to get involved. With Russia in the picture, I am nervous. Putin worries me, he is desperate and will not hesitate to take desperate action in world affairs.

I don't see a positive here. If this move was reactionary to counter the Russians, shame on us for putting a good ally in Turkey in an awkward position.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.